• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What kind of Muzzle velocity would I get??

MagicMike

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2013
Minnesota
I'm thinking about buying that 338 lapua in the sellers section, and slapping on the 29 inch barrel. What type of muzzle velocity can I get out of a 29 inch tube??

We are getting 2890 out of a buddies 27" and yes it is pretty much a max load in his gun, but it's very accurate and single digit ES. I figure with two extra inches of barrel the OP might get a little more, but it will be a top end load.

A friends 338 with 29" 1-9 Bartlein managed 2850 (+/-) from a 300smk over 94.5gr Retumbo loaded to CIP length.

My TRG42 (26.5"??) gets 2675 from a 300smk over 90.5gr Retumbo at max magazine length.

Some barrels are faster than others, but I suspect 2900+ is going to be a tough number to reach from a 29-30" pipe with 300s magazine fed.

If you hang the bullet way out there and single load them, I suspect 2900+ will be a lot more likely.

MagicMike is a vulture

You've said this a few times in a few different threads. Given the absolute lack of substance in his posts I assume you're saying he is post whoring or something to that affect. I just want to make sure I understand, otherwise it would appear you have a problem with him personally.