• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What kind of SMG use snipers or DMR as sidearm or CQB?

I think snipers with smgs sound really dumb. Akin to plate carriers and ghille suits. They don't really go together.

Some m4/mk18 rifle would be my guess. Mk25 sig.

Not being an operator, I can only speculate. If you are on a 2 way range as sniper and you find yourself needing to use a smg much less a handgun you've probably made quite a number of compounding bad decisions.
Not every war has been fought in deserts or burned out cities. In some climates, 230gr of subsonic full auto hate has its advantages. Like jungles in the 40s and 60s.

Reactions: MK20
I guess different branches and units do shit different but our snipers got issued an M9 pistol and the spotter got an M203 for security. But everyone had a card for their own M4 regardless so you could always take that.

You're only saying that cause you've never had your ship taken siege only to have your life saved by the cook who turned out to be a SEAL the admiral kept from getting drummed out for a crime he didn't commit.
Who says I haven’t?

I remember this one time when @1J04 and were sitting in our ready room on the Missouri, waiting for this cake with a Playmate in it to fly in... we’d just finished shore leave at Subic... so had bad chafing and our Imoxacillin scars had just barely healed up... 1j was studying a prison manual for some reason that may have been a bit homoerotic... when this dude in a leather jacket with, I think Sequins, starts talking real fast outside the hatch... then like all this Kung fu stuff starts. The rest is a blur... but I think it involved a midget submarine and that playmate in the cake was hot. I banged her. Later we had bouillabaisse and there was a loogie in it.

Ah youth...

Who says I haven’t?

I remember this one time when @1J04 and were sitting in our ready room on the Missouri, waiting for this cake with a Playmate in it to fly in... we’d just finished shore leave at Subic... so had bad chafing and our Imoxacillin scars had just barely healed up... 1j was studying a prison manual for some reason that may have been a bit homoerotic... when this dude in a leather jacket with, I think Sequins, starts talking real fast outside the hatch... then like all this Kung fu stuff starts. The rest is a blur... but I think it involved a midget submarine and that playmate in the cake was hot. I banged her. Later we had bouillabaisse and there was a loogie in it.

Ah youth...
I banged her too. And that wasn't a loogie.

I banged her too. And that wasn't a loogie.

Shit, I've heard that before...

In a morning formation where the 1SG got onto a whole platoon for lining up and fucking these girls in the barracks (fathers, better watch you daughters). It also involved video of one young lady being, uh, pleasured with an IR light stick --yeah, somebody drew NODs for this. It culminated with the video evidence (same tape) of one our 240 gunners winning a bet he couldn't suck his own dick.

This all coincided with finding a "prize" inside a water buffalo when one guy was tasked to clean it. That one wasn't a loogie either.

One girl cried "rape" but when 1SG showed the cops the video she didn't want anymore.

Some shit you can't make up.

M4 platform in my hands cause patrol doesn’t always have a good perimeter. I have walked up on the target watching the show form the neighbor’s yard

Reactions: DutchGunCollector
I love Sig Sauer P226.
We had that after the Browning 9mm.

The Sig is almost idiot proof.
Apart from when Navy types turn to chat to you, whilst clearing at the range.... nonchalantly waving the working end at you.
Gulp.
In her defence, she had little or no experience with weapons... and was cute as a button.

Next day they returned, I ensured she returned to see me at her range spot, fully adorned in bomb disposal kit.

Some times a lighter approach helps, rather than full on berserker fury.

Reactions: DutchGunCollector
Lots of good info here:

MP-5, Swedish-K, Skorpion, Sterling, suppressed Sten, Welrod, CZ75, P38... depends on the era. And the unit. And the nationality. And the mission.

Sirhr
Do you know where the Swedish-K is used for that?

UDT shorts had a really weird cut on them.

Maybe made for people from the forties not the eighties.

Kinda seemed like the only thing missing when wearing them was olive oiled skin and a ball gag.

I usually use my M-9 bayonet, 100 mph tape and a strong stick.

Never runs out of ammo, dope is consistent and very quiet.

UDT shorts had a really weird cut on them.

Maybe made for people from the forties not the eighties.

Kinda seemed like the only thing missing when wearing them was olive oiled skin and a ball gag.
I looked damn studly in UDTs back in the day when I was wrinkle free and 30 lbs lighter. No olive oil and ball gag though, more waterproof SPF 45 and a snorkel in the mouth to cruise the reef and island off Schwab.

I once forgot the sunblock and went out anyhow for several hours, blistered to shit and was to board a bird the next day for a two week OP in the NTA. My squad leader gave me the option of sucking it up or facing a ninja punch to go to BAS, of course I sucked it up. After peeling my blister juice and blood crusted skivvy shirt from my back, I learned my lesson on doing that ever again and still have the scarring to remind me of that lesson.

Six years later as a TL heading out to Raid Week for workups, I gave my boot spotter the same option when he spent the day before at Onslow Beach sans sunblock and told him what choice I made when faced with the same, he also opted to suck it up and ruined a cammie blouse with blood that week, so proud of the young man that week because he didn't complain once but I could see the pain in his eyes when it was time to ruck up. A couple years later when he was a HOG TL himself, he told me he gave the same option to his own boot spotter who sucked it up too. Ah, the cycle of treeline enlisted education...

Spent some time in the water off Schwab.

Cant recall any third degree burns I must have actually been using the sunscreen though I hated that greasy shit back then.

One kid fried the top of his head snorkeling? Must have had a shirt or screen on the rest of his body but left his LZ bare. They were talking of giving him NJP - never did though.

UDTs just fit weird, probably should have bought up a size I guess.

Red PT shorts and Green Ts were mandated at Company parties.....see I was using a trash bag as my Budweiser cooler....

1635102816742.jpeg

When I got some freedom from the Fleet Budweiser shorts fit the style...

1635102879968.jpeg

Those are SEABEEs killing us in a drinking contest at a Hash Run. The Sgt to my right that looks like he is going to throw up was not a speed drinker.

Our matching "Us Naval Infantry" shirts to be worn in Moscow

1635102987130.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ric O'shay