• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What kind of stock is this?

scottsnipe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2008
Peoria, Arizona
I currently have this stock for sale int he for sale section and want to accurately describe this stock. Also I would like to know the going price for one of these stocks so I don't end up charging too much. Any help would be appreiciated.

DSC00198.JPG

DSC00194.JPG

DSC00063sm.JPG

Re: What kind of stock is this?

Looks like a M40A-1 htg and i think they go for about 500$ new

An HS 700P stock with goop on the forend and grip area?

Does it have the aluminum bedding block in it. If it does it is more than likely a HS stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An HS 700P stock with goop on the forend and grip area? </div></div>

Thanks for that
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it have the aluminum bedding block in it. If it does it is more than likely a HS stock. </div></div>

Yes it does, I was only thrown off by the remington imprint on the butt pad

I am pretty sure it is not a pss (look at the scallop on the forend), the forend looks alot like a stock that came on my Savage10 fphs, The thing that is throwing me is the non pistol grip. I looked over HS precisions website and did not come up with a match.

Could we get a pic of the bedding area? It could be a Manners, but Im putting money on HS!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pretty sure it is not a pss (look at the scallop on the forend), the forend looks alot like a stock that came on my Savage10 fphs, The thing that is throwing me is the non pistol grip. I looked over HS precisions website and did not come up with a match.

Could we get a pic of the bedding area? It could be a Manners, but Im putting money on HS!! </div></div>

Its definitely not a manners but here is a pic of the bedding block:
DSC00197.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottsnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it have the aluminum bedding block in it. If it does it is more than likely a HS stock. </div></div>

Yes it does, I was only thrown off by the remington imprint on the butt pad</div></div>

I have a HS off a LTR it also has a Remington imprint on the butt pad.

Hope I could help,
Rhett

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pretty sure it is not a pss (look at the scallop on the forend), the forend looks alot like a stock that came on my Savage10 fphs, The thing that is throwing me is the non pistol grip. I looked over HS precisions website and did not come up with a match.

Could we get a pic of the bedding area? It could be a Manners, but Im putting money on HS!! </div></div>

The HS's that come on the Rem 700 5R have that "scallop" on the fore end more than a PSS stock. Might be a stock from a 5R painted black with some epoxy on the foreend and grip?

It originally was black with some green webbing so I sanded it down lightly and added some texturing on the palm swell and fore end. Then duracoated the whole thing combat black.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottsnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It originally was black with some green webbing so I sanded it down lightly and added some texturing on the palm swell and fore end. Then duracoated the whole thing combat black. </div></div>

Then it's deffantly from a 5R

5R milspec HS precision stock with palm swell, with textured grip and forend. That is a pretty accurate description. They sell for about $200- $250 as take offs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5R milspec HS precision stock with palm swell, with textured grip and forend. That is a pretty accurate description. They sell for about $200- $250 as take offs. </div></div>

Thanks guys, apprieciate all the help!!