• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes What Leupold turrets are these?

timelinex

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2011
    Scottsdale,Az
    So I have a mark 4 4.5-14x50 with duplex reticle that I received with a used rifle I purchased. Fairly positive it is this one:

Leupold Optics Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-14x50mm (30mm) M1 - | Leupold Optics

The only thing is I don't recognize the turrets. Obviously it looks like bdc turrets, but I have no experience with that type of turret. It doesn't even start from zero. So does that mean it's not useful unless your using it for that particular bullet? Or how do those numbers work.

It seems like a nice and clear scope but I want to put it up for sale, because I only use mil/mil scopes. I just want to have all the info on it for the buyer before I do.

Posting pics of the turret will make things a bit easier. I have M3 turrets on mine and there are yards on top with MOA on the bottom of the graduation. The scope came with several turrets for 308/7.62 M118 (175 smk) 223, 300wm, 308/7.62x51 168gr

If they are M1, Kenton makes/made BDC turrets, as well as Leupold. If the number starts with 1 or 2, thats the zero yardage the turret was cut for.

I'd go back and ask the guy I bought it from if there are still any doubts.

Oh man, I thought I posted the pics but obviously I did not. Can't always expect technology to work right the first time around! No way you guys can figure it out without them haha. Here it is

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1409628656444.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1409628656444.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 71
    • uploadfromtaptalk1409628669576.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1409628669576.jpg
      53 KB · Views: 66
    M1 knobs. Not bad but I like the m3 personally. That's if I had to choose a Leopold though. I can't afford to pay with their more modern stuff.still good scopes though.

My m1 knobs are marked in Moa. These appear to be marked for 168vld's. It might be a variation on an M1 knob...but not a standard one.

The elevation knob is a custom, set for a 100 yard zero, using a 168 VLD .308 bullet, and the windage knob is the standard M1 1/4 min click knob. The numbers on the elevation knob are for distances, with the upper numbers for the second time around. The problem with them is that you need to know what velocity they were meant for. You could try working it out by loading and trying to match it, or just get the regular M1 dial knob from Leupold to replace it with.

The elevation knob is a custom, set for a 100 yard zero, using a 168 VLD .308 bullet, and the windage knob is the standard M1 1/4 min click knob. The numbers on the elevation knob are for distances, with the upper numbers for the second time around. The problem with them is that you need to know what velocity they were meant for. You could try working it out by loading and trying to match it, or just get the regular M1 dial knob from Leupold to replace it with.

Ok, so I can get a standard know and just replace it? It's just the turret cover and none of the 'insides' the are messed with right?

Anyone have any idea where I can buy a regular 1/4 moa knob to put on it? I doubt this scope is gonna sell on the classifieds with a 'custom' turret.

Yes, it is just the knob. Loosen the set screws on the side of the knob and it will pull straight up and off. The Leupold web site has a sales e-mail that might be easier. Their Custom shop used to be able to get things, but it seems to be down now, but there is a notice about a new Custom shop coming.