• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What lube do you use for resizing cases?

Re: What lube do you use for resizing cases?

liquid lanolin and 99 % isopropyl alcohol. I get the isopropyl alcohol at the janatorial supply store. Its about $17 a gal. The lanolin is about $5 for 4oz on the net. Been using this for about 6 yrs.

The responses of those successfully using lanolin have been much appreciated on my part. I'm going to try that again per info given here.

Dillon spray lube, stay away from hornady one shot, aka "stuck case thread starter".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan46n2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dillon spray lube, stay away from hornady one shot, aka "stuck case thread starter". </div></div>

Not if you can follow directions.

I use the lanolin, castor oil, and Iso alcohol also and have been for about 3 years (~7,000 rifle rounds FL sized) and I have not had a stuck case. Besides no stuck cases I have not had a dented shoulder due to too much lube either.

My leftover can of OneShot makes a great release for bedding rifles.

wade

I use the lanolin and alcohol mix but I also put in a tube of the wally-world brand hemorrhoid medication. This has bee's wax in it which dilutes well.

FYI, the hemorrhoid stuff works Great on leather too. The bee's wax stuff seems to be the ticket.

Quit using the 1-shot, 4 stuck cases, didn't matter which directions I used. Enough for me . . .

Have used RCBS case lube on a pad, and Hornady One Shot. RCBS takes longer and I never had a stuck case. Been using One Shot for about the last 500 .308's and one case stuck in the beginning. Now I spray all four sides heavily. Have not had any more issues so far. JAA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe-n-TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan46n2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dillon spray lube, stay away from hornady one shot, aka "stuck case thread starter". </div></div>

Not if you can follow directions. </div></div>

Tell that to the op in just about every single stuck case thread, they use one shot. Funny how Dillon users can follow directions but Hornady can't...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Imperial sizing wax, a little goes a long way, I use my fingers to apply and a rag with iso alcohol to remove. </div></div>

+1

+1 on Imperial Sizing Die Wax

in regards to stuck cases, this stuff happens when operators dont stick to a proper technique, or clean their dies regularly or a combination of both