• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What mag kit to use for 6br,6 dasher, 6bra

I use the pva kit, I think they will all work well since they all keep the cases forward in the mag.

MDT BR mags are flawless running
Mine isn't. May not be the mag's fault, but it has issues about 15% of the time. Haven't had it long, so maybe I haven't learned the idiosyncrasies of it.
This is a 6BR in 700 Rem action.

Mine isn't. May not be the mag's fault, but it has issues about 15% of the time. Haven't had it long, so maybe I haven't learned the idiosyncrasies of it.
This is a 6BR in 700 Rem action.
I guess I should add I was running mine in a Impact action.

MDT BR mags for my Dasher. Works great once you tune the feed lips, and it's super slick.

Ideally, you need to tweak any mag, including AI AICS, to optimally run in your rifles. And that's for every cartridge.

Just part of the game, and it's not just MDT mags.

Ideally, you need to tweak any mag, including AI AICS, to optimally run in your rifles. And that's for every cartridge.

Just part of the game, and it's not just MDT mags.

Didn't say otherwise. I tweak all my mags for optimal fit, and the MDT mags work great.

Reactions: kthomas
Has no one else had luck just trimming off a couple coils from a Magpul 10rd AICS? Know it doesn't hold 12rds.
I tried one just factory and it jammed up, then tried a spring from a 5rd one worked pretty good.
So left about 1 extra coil on from 5rd spring, trimmed roughly 2.5 coil off the 10rd spring.
Has worked pretty flawless, or is it a your results may vary. Running 6br in a Origin/MPA chassis combo.

I ran some in a KRG Bravo/ Magpul 5 round/Origin and they fed like butter.
Tried the same with a Rem 700 and it didn't work very well.
I believe the controlled feed on the Origin helped tremendously over the push feed 700.

I ran some in a KRG Bravo/ Magpul 5 round/Origin and they fed like butter.
Tried the same with a Rem 700 and it didn't work very well.
I believe the controlled feed on the Origin helped tremendously over the push feed 700.
That's a very good point, I wasn't consider why the popularity of the Magpul AICS might have not taken off in other actions, since most don't seem to be CRF.

I should have clarified that I'm speaking of feeding 6-BR cases.
Anything remotely resembling a 308/243/22-250/Creed feeds just fine.