• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What mags for 338 Norma ?

WeiserBucks

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Weiser , Idaho
    I'm getting into a 338 Norma soon . I have a Manners and Defiance bottom metal that accepts standard 300 WM magazine. Is my bottom metal going to work with the appropriate mag or do i need different bottom metal ?Seems like the only mags I've found are CIP or AW .

With 338 norma my buddy’s rifle uses the AW(short) mags loaded to 3.62

With his chamber he’s about .020 from the lands.

If your mags are the 3.775” length such as a standard (not CIP) 300WM Badger Ord M5 The accurate mags Lapua magazine in that length only gives you 3.675 COAL so likely to work

Only Defiance bottom metal I’ve seen is a BDL for Rigby that will load out to 3.850” COAL so if that’s what you have you’ll be good to go.

Last edited:
    My Defiance bottom metal is a discontinued DBM , I have 3 of them and they work great for me. Id like to use it on the Norma but have zero experience with the various 338 magazines available.

Edit to the above The Badger uses the 3.650 COAL mag, your defiance may as well in which case you would be ok just not optimal. Are your mags 3.775” long?
    Edit: you would still need to get the appropriate sized magazine