• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What makes the cases spin? (Case annealing machine)

Is the friction caused by a rubbersurface or something like that?

I'm experimenting with my own here, and just tried with tape. It seems to work, but not super consistently.

Could i get you to shoot a picture into one of the holes, so i can see how the tape is placed?

The lower plate on mine is dished so only the outer edge of the case head makes contact, causing the rotation. The size of the holes in the top plate and it's height off the bottom plate also affect how positive the rotation is.

As OF&B says. Alternately, the holes in the top plate could be drilled at a very slight angle off center, which would accomplish the same thing. One edge will contact, rotating the cases. Not being a machinist, I don't know which process would be the most expeditious.

I have relieved half of the diameter under the cases, but it's apparently not enough. I will try to relieve more, so only the very edge of the case has contact. If that doesn't work, i will put in a large o-ring.