• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship what math is used for first round hits?

Re: what math is used for first round hits?

same as second round and third round. You have to shoot the gun to know what it will do.

LL, what do you use to wet your finger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wet my finger and hold it in the air... </div></div>

Damnit....I knew there was something I was missing!

T+AxIxF=1st round hit

T= Time/Experience
A= Ammo and Dry Practice
I= Quality Instruction
F= Properly applying the Fundamentals of Marksmanship

It is really easy math, just takes a while to complete the equation.

Pretty darn simple really, take everything into account on previous posts, get a known zero for your gun and enter appropriate info into correct locations on this website: http://www.jbmballistics.com/cgi-bin/jbmtraj_simp-5.1.cgi and you'll be pretty darn good to go to get ya started.

An experienced shooter will make it look so easy at varying distances, but there really is a lot more to it than just plugging data into that site. Bullet weight and BC, velocity of your load, distance your scope is above your bore, temp, humidity, barometric pressure, elevation, target distance, wind speed and that is after you make sure your gun and loads are adequate for grouping well enough to hit your intended target if you have perfect technique and get off a perfect shot. You're scope has to be installed correctly and tracks and functions as intended. LOTS of factors so a question of what math is used for first round hits really won't get you an answer you are looking for.

Good luck, lots of reading/studying and paying attention to the shooters that are at the top of the list at matches will help a lot. After all of that and LOTS of shooting on your own you'll start getting more first round hits.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cowboy_bravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T+AxIxF=1st round hit

T= Time/Experience
A= Ammo and Dry Practice
I= Quality Instruction
F= Properly applying the Fundamentals of Marksmanship

It is really easy math, just takes a while to complete the equation. </div></div>LOL! I like that answer.

they said there would be no math.

1+1= this question makes no fucking sense

Math to understand distance to target
Math to understand wind favor
Math to understand effect of slope
Math to understand proper sight adjustment
Math to understand effect of temp, drag. and gravity

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jacob harper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just woundering what math is used? </div></div>

In order to guarantee first round hits everytime you will need to factor in the effect of neutrino's passing through your bullet throughout the duration of the bullets flight time.

Since some Neutrino's travel faster than the speed of light an accurate formula is unavailable until the theory of relativity is corrected. Fortunately since Neutrino's are so light they can be bent with the powers of the mind.

In this way if your round is slightly off mark by focusing on it intensely enough you can bend the bullet back on target.

The OP's question is a good one. Think about it. To get a good hit on targets which cannot be hit intuitively, that's to say, targets not under the direction of the shooter, the shooter will need to estimate distance to target which requires math. The shooter will need to adjust sights which will require math. The shooter may need to account for slope which requires math. And, the shooter may need to estimate wind favor which requires math.

Some of this math may have already been done for us and some we've become so accustomed to that we're not even aware of doing it, yet, without compensation for external ballistics we would not get many first round hits.

i rub me pecker till its hard, lay on me back and use the fleshrod as a sundial, the shadow points to a clock type number i multiply that number by how many fingers are in my ass at that particular time, the sum is then applied to the knob on my countersniper scope and BAM! very snipery

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stealthy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jacob harper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just woundering what math is used? </div></div>

In order to guarantee first round hits everytime you will need to factor in the effect of neutrino's passing through your bullet throughout the duration of the bullets flight time.

Since some Neutrino's travel faster than the speed of light an accurate formula is unavailable until the theory of relativity is corrected. Fortunately since Neutrino's are so light they can be bent with the powers of the mind.

In this way if your round is slightly off mark by focusing on it intensely enough you can bend the bullet back on target.</div></div>

Now this is good! Neutrinos.....I wonder if I can buy some of these on-line all the way from down under?
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i rub me pecker till its hard, lay on me back and use the fleshrod as a sundial, the shadow points to a clock type number i multiply that number by how many fingers are in my ass at that particular time, the sum is then applied to the knob on my countersniper scope and BAM! very snipery

</div></div>

wrong forum pal...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chanonry</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i rub me pecker till its hard, lay on me back and use the fleshrod as a sundial, the shadow points to a clock type number i multiply that number by how many fingers are in my ass at that particular time, the sum is then applied to the knob on my countersniper scope and BAM! very snipery

</div></div>

wrong forum pal...?</div></div>

nope, you?

I carry a chinese calculator and a exbal just for backup.

Maybe he was talking about cold bore shot vs a warm barrel shot. Cold bore shots are not always spot on. Same with what is known as a fouler. Some guns shoot differently clean than they do with a few shots down the tube. I do not know of any type of calculation that will say hold over or turn two clicks in this direction to correct it though.

Just my .02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i rub me pecker till its hard, lay on me back and use the fleshrod as a sundial, the shadow points to a clock type number i multiply that number by how many fingers are in my ass at that particular time, the sum is then applied to the knob on my countersniper scope and BAM! very snipery

</div></div>Thats what i been doing wrong i forgot to multiply by the number of fingers in my ass. Thats the funniest thing ive heard in a while.

The kid had a total of 9 post when he posted that question...After the humiliation...His post count is at a stand still @ 9.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flynlow3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The kid had a total of 9 post when he posted that question...After the humiliation...His post count is at a stand still @ 9. </div></div>

Or he got his answer from VJJPunisher and is busy practicing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flynlow3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The kid had a total of 9 post when he posted that question...After the humiliation...His post count is at a stand still @ 9. </div></div>

Yep,
That was one heck of a welcome. I wouldn't blame him if he never comes back.

</div></div>

Something tells me he's not kidding...
crazy.gif

Addition
Subtraction
Multiplication
Division

Geometry
Physics
Algebra

Accounting principles will assist in understanding what you can afford. See the first four items again. Divide by two then double the percentage total, but only at the proper ratio.

There.

If you want to increase your chances of first round hits I would recommend you get a data book and start tracking the data on your rifle and learn what your rifle does.

The sooner you learn how your round, you, and yoru rifle perfrom the more accurate you will become!

DITTO Data Book reply. It allows the shooter to glean information long after the rifle is back in the case for the week.

dude seriously?

what do you think its just something like a*b=xring

precision shooting at distance is an insanely difficult skill to master. the amount of math becomes mindnumbing to do it well.

I have a folder that's stuffed half an inch thick just filled with different equations and calulations for every imaginable variable, not to mention a data book that handles an entirely different billion variables and even with all the time in the world I still can hit shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flynlow3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The kid had a total of 9 post when he posted that question...After the humiliation...His post count is at a stand still @ 9. </div></div>

Yep,
That was one heck of a welcome. I wouldn't blame him if he never comes back. </div></div>

This is your guys home, so im sorry if im out of my lane. but for the most part, this place is about real shooting. and for that theres no place better. I don't see anyone here arguing about spongebob or any silly crap, if that's what hes looking for he can go to where I usually hang and have all the fun in the world.

nobody makes anyone type anything. think back to when you were so new that you didn't even know how little you knew. did you ever see yourself asking a forum full of shooters if you needed ot know math to hit a target?

I know I didnt.

Besides in all honesty this is a gun forum, theres only three things that he could be either hes like 12 in which case its fine hell be back, hes very very not bright in which case I don't want him representing gun owners, or English is not his first language, in which case ill feel bad.

do you need to know math to shoot?
hey Im new what .308 should I get?
Ill be fine with an ncstar scope on my 1000 dollar stick right?

how many times can that continue, the mods have done a ridiculous job making eeverything available already..

The best advise is use a good data book and record everything for that rifle, find yourself a good ballistic program. And get to shooting brother . Welcome to the Hide man don't be intimidated to ask questions. I still have yet to meet someone who never fucken misses a first round shot. But you increase your chances by keeping a good data book record of your rifles cold bore shot. Keep on shooting !
Joe

Range time and recording cold bore and environmental factors for each shot. Trends will show and from those trends you can greatly increase your chance for a first round hit. Just depends on you and you attention to detail and training. MAKE EVERY ROUND COUNT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jacob harper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just woundering what math is used? </div></div>