• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What model is this Remington trigger

delixe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2014
Valley Forge, PA
I picked up a Remington 700 barreled action today and I thought it would have come with an X-Mark Pro trigger.
Instead it came with this trigger. Is this a 40X trigger? I can't find any pictures online that positively identify it.

trigger.jpg

Looks to me like the predecessor to the Xmark Pro, the Xmark. Adjustments are like the old style Remington triggers instead of the external adjustment on the pro. I think they were only made for a couple of years. I bought a 700 varmint that had one in it, not bad for a factory trigger and certainly better than the pro model but still nowhere close to a custom.

Looks to me like the predecessor to the Xmark Pro, the Xmark. Adjustments are like the old style Remington triggers instead of the external adjustment on the pro. I think they were only made for a couple of years. I bought a 700 varmint that had one in it, not bad for a factory trigger and certainly better than the pro model but still nowhere close to a custom.

What make it better than an X-Mark Pro?

The one I had seemed to have a more "crisp" feel to it and it did adjust down lighter than my pro's. I don't know if it was just that particular trigger or if they all were that way. Like I said though, not anywhere close to a custom.

Yes. Quite adjustable and a decent trigger. I have one with an Ernie the Gunsmith spring in it. Breaks at a clean 2.5#...YMMV, but I feel theyre a nice trigger.

Not sure what you're saying.

I have installed Ernie the Gunsmith springs in several X-Mark Pro triggers, also set around 2.5 pounds.
With minimal breakin they have a smooth pull with a crisp break.

The pictured X-Mark (non-Pro) has no external adjustment and must be removed from the stock to adjust, so how is it "quite adjustable" in comparison to the X-Mark Pro which has an external adjustment?

Not sure what you're saying.

I have installed Ernie the Gunsmith springs in several X-Mark Pro triggers, also set around 2.5 pounds.
With minimal breakin they have a smooth pull with a crisp break.

The pictured X-Mark (non-Pro) has no external adjustment and must be removed from the stock to adjust, so how is it "quite adjustable" in comparison to the X-Mark Pro which has an external adjustment?

It is quite adjustable. That's what I mean. You can work the trigger pull weight, over travel and creep. That is what I mean. I know exactly what trigger is pictured. You did not...

The main thing that makes it better is it doesn't have a fricken hole in the trigger shoe. You can more finely tune the X-Mark. It is much more closer to the original Waker tan the current crap trigger that get tossed in their rifles. I have pulled a few X-Mark Pro trigger that the owner claimed was smooth and crisp. They broke nice, but there was FAR too much travel in them. I dont care how clean the break is if there is creep.