• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What power do you recommend?

mdslammer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Looking to buy a tactical scope for shooting between 100 yds. to 1000 yds.

What power do you recommend?
Fixed or Adjustable?

Thanks.

Mark

Re: What power do you recommend?

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978%3Aqcbx5qqy10o&hl=en
v2z1io.gif

USO SN3 3.2-17 (mil/mil or moa/moa)

Get behind a few scopes and see what you like. If you want to shoot small groups at distance, you will want more magnification. You will find that as you shoot, that you need less magnification. Be careful not to let magnification be a crutch. For the distance that you are looking, you would be well served with the medium magnfication range like 3-15. However, I would recommend if you are not sure, jump up to the 5-25 range. Its a variable and you can always dial it down. I like scopes in this category, but almost never shoot them at their highest magnification.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get behind a few scopes and see what you like. If you want to shoot small groups at distance, you will want more magnification. You will find that as you shoot, that you need less magnification. Be careful not to let magnification be a crutch. For the distance that you are looking, you would be well served with the medium magnfication range like 3-15. However, I would recommend if you are not sure, jump up to the 5-25 range. Its a variable and you can always dial it down. I like scopes in this category, but almost never shoot them at their highest magnification. </div></div>

What he said.