• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What rifle for decked box in truck for shtf

Nor is the breakdown lane likely to be blocked in the event of no frontage road. I'd be getting a ticket for driving through a fence to get to the last crossroad.
Was at the Wings over Houston air show yesterday. Saw a driver in a Porsche give up because he couldn’t/wouldn’t jump the curb into the designated grass parking area. My first thought was “Ha Ha.” Then, this thread.

Lol the truck will die before the gun does inside a Decked box
My first shotgun was a NEF single shot 410. At some point in its life, it was relegated to “truck gun,” riding behind the seat of the ‘88 single cab Dodge Ram “ranch truck.” Pest control, and by all accounts it was suited fine to the task. Well, I grew up and moved away, and “the ol’ red truck” was sold and replaced.

“Hey, where’s that old 410 you made me learn to wing shoot with?

“IDK. Haven’t seen it in years.”

-Months of intermittent rummaging-

“Hey, you remember that old 410?”

“Yeah, you find it?”

“No, I think we left it behind the seat of that old truck when we sold it.”

“We? You got a mouse in your pocket?” 🤦🏻‍♂️

I have an eberlestock rifle bag that is very inconspicuous that holds a metric shit ton of stuff and does not scream gun. It will hold a carbine, a lot of mags and other stuff. I wouldn't leave a gun in the bed in a box that leaks. Far as rifle goes, I really like sonics and have had amazing luck with them. They claim them to be 1.5moa guns, but if you handload, they can easily be under 1moa guns. Tough, reliable and relatively inexpensive.