• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes What scope and power

DENAUS4

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2008
Australia
Hey guys i am buying a rem 700 mlr in 338 lapua. I want to use it for shooting long range target and possibly a bit of hunting.

What magnification would be a good choice? and what brand? I have a little to spend and would like to get something like a USO sn3 or a nightforce.

Would it be best to get the adjustments in mils

I would love to be able to shoot it to 1000m (with alot of learning)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Re: What scope and power

A Nightforce 5.5-22x50mm or 56mm is a great choice. Anywhere around 20-25 power on the high is great. Mils or MOA is your personal preference. Just get the reticle the same as the turrets.

Re: What scope and power

What kind of options do you want for the scope? Nightforce is solid, but USO gives you a lot more features to choose from. Basically depends on what you want out of the purchase.

Oh yeah, and the nightforce scope suggested is a good magnification choice, and if you want to go USO 3.2-17x or 3.8-22x will do he job. I chose a USO 3.8-22x in mil/mil basically because I wanted a little extra magnification and went with mils because it's more universal and in my opinion easier to use. Obviously others think differently, just what I thought having started on moa scopes.