• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What scope are you using on your 22 stick?

Re: What scope are you using on your 22 stick?

Subbing to thread. Looking for a scope for my 10/22 kinda want the mueller APT but also leaning towards a red field for the warantee

the mueller apt really is worth the price........they are getting hard to find used.....use that as a gauge for desireability of the scope. buy it and shoot with it....don't like it? sell it and lose maybe $20. I am not really familiar with the Redfield, can the same be said for them?

I have a tasco 6-24x42 on my 453 17hmr. On the 10/22 is a 4-16x50 nikko stirling nighteater. I had a Mueller before, I personally dont think they could do the job of a paper weight. The two scopes I currently run are not my first choice but are really hard to beat for the money. The Tasco should be called a 6-20, after 20x its useless but for 50-100yrds I can spot .17 holes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">16X SS. Just got it today. </div></div>

How did you get yours already?? That is not fair at all...

I have an Accushot 3-12x44 Tactical for my trainer. Nice scope for $100.

DK

+1 on Mueller. Only costs around 130. Has adjustable parallax, good objective size and is a good fit for the price. While I could have slapped a SWFA SS 10X on it, why? I would argue that the Mueller performs better, and for cheaper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still have another accushot if you want it. How does it track for you? How far out have you shot with it? </div></div>

I haven't even shot with it yet... sick, I know. Hopefully I will get to go out shoot some this weekend. As far as tracking goes, I will know more next week when we go bust some groundhogs that are tearing up a friends horse pasture. Should be a good time!!

DK

the great flaw in the Mueller APV is the lack of a mildot reticle option. Sure you can step up to the APT, which i have done twice already, but if you wanted a smaller, 1" tube scope with a mildot reticle, your search will be tough.

Bushnell Elite Tactical 10X on CZ452
Leupold 6X-AO on 39A
Leupold 4X on CZ Scout
Nikon 4X on 10-22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">16X SS. Just got it today. </div></div>

How did you get yours already?? That is not fair at all...

I have an Accushot 3-12x44 Tactical for my trainer. Nice scope for $100.

DK </div></div>

LOL, I just ordered a new one from SWFA on sat and it showed up as I was about to walk out the door for work on Thurs. Figures, I was like a little kid on Christmas eve clock watching all day to come home and play with the new toy!
smile.gif

I updated my thread in the rimfire section with a few pics. Check them out if you get a chance.

I got caught up in the Mueller craze at rimfire central. Possibly the worst investment i made. I dont understand why everyone thinks that is such a great scope. Maybe I had a bad one. It was not clear past 10x, it would NOT track at all, and was constucted very shotty at best. For under 150 there are many better options out there. A new or used nikon, <span style="font-style: italic">some</span> of the tascos, and weavers. MHO

Vortex Diamondback 2-7 x 35

Sightron SIII 6-24 x 50

Some Simmons POS that's destined for the trash soon

The Sightron gets around a bit... its 24x is useful when checking loads and/or modifications on any of the rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gjantzer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the great flaw in the Mueller APV is the lack of a mildot reticle option. Sure you can step up to the APT, which i have done twice already, but if you wanted a smaller, 1" tube scope with a mildot reticle, your search will be tough. </div></div>

The APT is the model I have. It is quite large, and yes it would be nice if it wasn't so cumbersome.

My biggest thing is the reticle is mildot but adjustment in MOA. Why is it so hard to get mil/mil or MOA/MOA you cannot get this simple feature at these price points. It actually works out decently for me as we still use Leupolds which are mildot reticle, adjustments in MOA at work. Still hopefully someone starts making decent, cheap mil/mil scopes sometime(heres looking at you SWFA) Oh and the $600 plus mil/mil scopes I see aren't what id call cheap for a rimfire before i get a million postings of people with their nightforces they are running on their remington 40x's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TresMon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BSA tactical mil/mil FFP side focus 4-16x from midway usa.

Yep it's a BSA. But it's a great scope for a .22 anyways....

(don't know if it would take the recoil of a big centerfire or I'd recommend it across the board for the money.)

Nice modern Mil reticle
TONS of elevation
side focus
30mm tube
.1 mil target turrets (yes slightly mushy)

I couldn't really justify more for my CZ tackdriver even if I had double my budget. </div></div>

I have the same one on my .22LR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scsbronco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got caught up in the Mueller craze at rimfire central. Possibly the worst investment i made. I dont understand why everyone thinks that is such a great scope. Maybe I had a bad one. It was not clear past 10x, it would NOT track at all, and was constucted very shotty at best. For under 150 there are many better options out there. A new or used nikon, <span style="font-style: italic">some</span> of the tascos, and weavers. MHO
</div></div>

Wow, sounds like you got a real lemon! I have done box tests w/ both of my APT's and they tracked perfectly and been 100% reliable though several thousand rounds of rimfire and a few hundred rounds of centerfire rifle. Return to zero has been spot on every time. The one on my .22 especially has been cranked on day after day at all extremes of it's elevation adjustment, beat around, stepped on, dropped, (hey, I'm hard on gear), and still maintained zero except for the time I forgot to tighten the rings after a switching rings. Dumb me. On a clear day, @ 14x I can spot .30 cal holes @ the 400 yard target, but no farther.

I'd call Mueller and see what they have to say; they have always treated me very well. Give them a chance to make it right maybe?

Falcon 5-25 50mm FFP Mil/Mil and a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14 44mm SFP Mil/MOA.

The Nikon has better glass but the Falcon has nicer features. Not sure I would do another Falcon though, mines working fine but lots of folks are bitching about all kinds of problems with them. You certianly can't go wrong with a Super Sniper. Wish they would offer the SS 10x and 16x in a Mil/Mil config.

i have used a bushnell 10x and wotac 10x.

now i have falcon ffp 4-14 mil/mil to match the 4.5-18 on my .308

Weaver 4-16x42 on my 77/17
Weaver 6-24x42 on my 504T .22lr
and about a dozen 4x and 6x weavers on the rest of them.

There's a group buy for SWFA scopes that you get a whole lot of extra's for the same price I paid for my SS 10X42 HD. Go to the Group Buy thread and look for Extensive SWFA-SS Group Buy. Incredible Savings!!! They're really nice scopes and don't break the bank and with all the extra's you get it's a great deal.

Re: What scope? 10x40 or 10-40x50

Hi, I was at a centerfire match at my club today
and have a Bushnell 10x40 fixed mil-dot on my
.308 Tikka. They all had scopes with much higher magnification.
I guess because it was bench-rest? Anyway, there is
a long-range .22LR match every month out to 200 yds
that I haven't been to before. I have another Bushnell 10x40 I was planning on
putting on my CZ 452 for this but they all seemed to think
I'd need much higher magnification for LR .22LR.
What do you all think? Is this true or is it because
they are all mainly bench-resters?

thanks,

Jon

Re: What scope? 10x40 or 10-40x50

I can't afford to go crazy with my rimfires yet, so I have Muellers. They get the job done for the squirrels =)

I'm running a Bushnell 4200 3-12 x 44 FFP in Burris Signature Zee rings for extra cant on my 10/22-based build (Force receiver, VQ barrel, CT Precision did the trigger work, bolt work, receiver/barrel threading.) Was shooting out to 225 yards on Saturday with it.

I run another 4200 3-12 FFP on my .22 Edgun Matador air rifle. I really like the 3-12 on both of the rifles. The eye relief gets a little fussy at 12X and there's a bit of a "fisheye effect" at 3-4x but the knobs repeat & track very well and the glass is quite good for the price of the scope.

Zeiss Diavari 1.5-6
Jason 3-9X40 great scope I have it for 20 years now

Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 mildot on .22LR

Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32 on .17HMR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">vortex 6-24 it was 100 bucks and works great. can't beat that </div></div>
Ditto here . Bought 3 of them.

I think im going to go with the APT BUT i need to find a set of rings that cost less than $20 preferably $30 is the very tippy top maximum i can afford.

Rings would be mounted on a Tactical Solutions rail so would i need medium height rings? what would be a decent little set to look at?

I love my Signature Zee rings but they are way to expensive.

Would something like this be tall enough? and would it be OK?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the noobie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think im going to go with the APT BUT i need to find a set of rings that cost less than $20 preferably $30 is the very tippy top maximum i can afford.

Rings would be mounted on a Tactical Solutions rail so would i need medium height rings? what would be a decent little set to look at?

</div></div>

I'd spend a little more money and get these: Warne Permanent Attach 30mm

The ones you chose are not designed to go on the rail.

My .22 is now wearing a Nightforce 5.5-22X50, because the 6-24X50 PST that I had on top of it is on its way back to Vortex...again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TonyAngel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My .22 is now wearing a Nightforce 5.5-22X50, because the 6-24X50 PST that I had on top of it is on its way back to Vortex...again. </div></div>

Damn, sorry to hear that. If you dont care to do you mind sharing your experiences/problems with the PST? I am curious because I have been considering one and havent seen many guys have bad experiences with them. This may help me make the decision between this scope and the new SS 5-20X50 in the future. Thanks Tony.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stmcelroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the noobie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think im going to go with the APT BUT i need to find a set of rings that cost less than $20 preferably $30 is the very tippy top maximum i can afford.

</div></div>

I'd spend a little more money and get these: Warne Permanent Attach 30mm

The ones you chose are not designed to go on the rail. </div></div>

If I up the price for rings then I have to drop the price of the base. So I have $60 and I need rings and base. What would be a decent set up? And what height rings do I need for the 30 mm scope over the heavy bull barrel

My Anschutz 1416 sports a Clearidge 3-9xAO 32mm with duplex reticle, sitting in the modified Warne .22 dovetail rings that Brownells and some others sell (4 screw design instead of 2 screws).
The Clearidge is basically a LOW built Weaver RV9 rimfire classic copy, but equipped with the target turrets used on Bushnell 4200 Elite target models instead of the crappy coin slot adjustments of the RV9.
It's repeatable, tracks well, and has great glass.

The suppressed 10/22 has Bsquare rings,holding a 20 year old Tasco 4x32mm duplex reticle scope. It actually has ok glass, from back when Tasco didn't suck. It's been beat around, has terrible coin adjustments, old erector springs and doesn't adjust worth a darn anymore, but it smites squirrels and crows with regularity.
Given the money, it will eventually get either a Weaver V16, or another Clearidge. I'm a big fan of AO scopes on my rimfires now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Millet TRS-1 in mil/mil. Pretty nice for $300. </div></div>

I've got one of those too (on a .17hmr). Elevation works really well, dialing anywhere from 25 yards to 300 yards is always repeatable. Windage knob is a little suspect, it wobbles like a bent rim on a bicycle. Seems to track OK but I hate dialing it. Good thing I dial distance and hold for wind...

Leupold VX II 3-9X40 sitting on a Savage 93R17-BVSS 17 hmr.

IOR 2.5-10X42 FFP mill/mil, but I think I'm going to try my Falcon 4-14 FFP mil/mil so I can focus at the closer ranges. The Falcon goes down to 10yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'm going to try my Falcon 4-14 FFP mil/mil so I can focus at the closer ranges. The Falcon goes down to 10yds. </div></div>

I have a 5-25x50mm and 5-25x56mm Falcon's.

I've been pretty happy with them on other rifles, but I just mounted the 5-25x56mm on my new Savage Mk II TRR SR and with the factory mount I maxed-out the elevation before I even got to 100yds.