• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What scope do you have on your 22?

Vortex Gen II Razor 4.5x27

I already had this scope on my .308 --I sold the .308 and started shooting my 6.5 Creed all the time. Since I already owned the Razor and love them why not mount it on my Vudoo. Overkill,maybe but who cares?

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
I just got a Sightron S-tac for my 10-22 4-20. Repeats tracks parallax goes down to 9 yards. Awesome glass for 400.00

It depends on what your intended goal is for the rifle. I am happy with my NF ATACR F1 4-16X42 on my Anschutz...

But I have had a lot of scopes on rimfires over the years, just depends on the job.

How do you like the NF ATACR on a rimfire? How far will the parallax go down to?

Ben

I am not sure how close I can correct parallax as I never shoot closer than 50 yards. But I love the 4-16X42, I have had everything from a Gen I Razor, Gen II Razor, PMII 5-25, Hensoldt 4-16, DMR, Zeiss Diavari 6-24X56, and many others to include all out target scopes on rimfires over the years. They all have been excellent for my needs. But in comparison I like the little ATACR as much as any I mentioned above and maybe more (I love the size, reticle, and turrets). I have an 5-25 ATACR F1 on my centerfire rifle both have the MIL-R which I love.

Definitely some slick rimfires here, I hope to find a reason to put top tier glass on my .22 some day. In the meantime, it's a Nikon prostaff rimfire with BDC. Works great

For some reason Im loathe to part with cash for rimfire optics. Centerfire sucks up all my funds lol although reading this thread has me rethinking that. Meuller 4.5-14x40 APT on the long range trainer and Vortex 2-7 x35 Diamondback on my light rabbit gun. The beauty of the Vortex is that where the bottom stadia line gets thicker it does so by coming to a point. With a 50 yard zero that bottom point is my exact holdover for 100 yards. Fills the gumbo pot fine-

I feel like I should clarify a bit. I don't think top tier optics are absolutely required to net a super accurate rimfire system, just a scope that corrects parallax, has repeatable adjustments, and useable magnification is all you need. Spend the rest of your $ on the rifle and top tier AMMO!

Reactions: D_TROS
SHV 4-14 F1. Compares pretty well to my ATACR at a little under half the cost, and it has the same reticle to boot.

I’ve made hits out to 475 yards with it, but most of my shooting is in the 50-250 yard range where it’s sharp enough to spot hits on paper on the short end and hits on steel on the long end.

Attachments

• D9A12607-0063-4B1F-B638-956F6ED0D387.jpeg
    D9A12607-0063-4B1F-B638-956F6ED0D387.jpeg
    967.6 KB · Views: 90
Vortex PST Gen II 5-25 on my CZ 455. Vortex PST 1-4 on my KSA 722 PT, but that's because it's the only spare optic I have at the moment. It will either get a SWFA 3-15 or Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18 (at least those are at the top of my list today).

I am not sure how close I can correct parallax as I never shoot closer than 50 yards. But I love the 4-16X42, I have had everything from a Gen I Razor, Gen II Razor, PMII 5-25, Hensoldt 4-16, DMR, Zeiss Diavari 6-24X56, and many others to include all out target scopes on rimfires over the years. They all have been excellent for my needs. But in comparison I like the little ATACR as much as any I mentioned above and maybe more (I love the size, reticle, and turrets). I have an 5-25 ATACR F1 on my centerfire rifle both have the MIL-R which I love.

Thanks for the input! I really like the low profile turrets.

Ben

I have Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-12x with G2 reticle atop a CZ 455 in Mcree chassis.

I have spoken to a number of guys who are using Nikon's BLACK FX1000 on their 22LR trainer's. Even with a minimum focus range of 50 yards, they like the similar features to their longrange rifles for a lot less $. I would love to build a rifle on the Vuudo platform. I have yet to see on that isn't a great shooter. I know Bhoges Vuudo can shoot wood matchsticks at 40 yards.

Main Squirrel Rifle

6X Unertl Small Game Scope, USMC mounts, With 33% reducer and 33% magnifier attachments. Winchester 52 C 28" Std weight target in factory sporter stock. Ordered that way in 1955.
I would Love to see a picture of this beauty!!
DW

To of my favorite are Sightron SS III 10-50x60 on my 17 WSM and my .22 LR benchrest rifle. Whether I'm shooting sage rats or paper with the 17 WSM I don't need a spotting scope. Most of the time for sage rats I have it set on 20 X.

I put a Sig Tango 6 3-18 on a Kimber SVT and have to say, I'm very impressed by it so far. The center dot in the mrad milling reticle is the perfect size.

It also will focus to 25 yards, so I can see it being quite useful.

Anschutz 02.jpg

My Annie MPR from the custom shop still uses my SWFA 3-15. It works really well to 300 yards.

I do intend to replace it eventually with something that provides a higher top end and a better reticle. I really like the Vortex AMG. However, I may buy a new scope for my AR10 and move the S&B 5-25 PMII from it to the Annie

I do intend to replace it eventually with something that provides a higher top end and a better reticle. I really like the Vortex AMG. However, I may buy a new scope for my AR10 and move the S&B 5-25 PMII from it to the Annie
If you put an AMG on it you won't be sorry.

Reactions: Nik H
Ruger Precision Rimfire
Warne 20 MOA Mount
150 Cold Shot Mount
Athlon Cronus BTR MIL
CCI Velocitor
Outstanding glass is a must

Last edited:
All the C’s except Sporters were shipped with target blocks. This one has Lyman 48H rear and 17 on front. It’s stamped “SPECIAL” on bottom of barrel.
I know of no other. Accuracy was astounding from start.

I put a Vortex PST Gen2 5-25 FFP mil on a Ruger 77/22. Thought my boys (8 and 9 years old) would love having a cool scope on it.

Nope. They prefer the Bushnell TRS-25 red dot 1MOA. Eye relief on a fancy scope is too hard for them I guess.

I'm hoping when they get a little older they like a nice scope. In the meantime, it's just sitting in the corner of the safe.

Last edited:
I have spoken to a number of guys who are using Nikon's BLACK FX1000 on their 22LR trainer's. Even with a minimum focus range of 50 yards, they like the similar features to their longrange rifles for a lot less $. I would love to build a rifle on the Vuudo platform. I have yet to see on that isn't a great shooter. I know Bhoges Vuudo can shoot wood matchsticks at 40 yards.
I put a Nikon Black FX1000 on my .22 and close range parallax is such a huge issue I removed it. You cant get accurate groups at even 40 yards with high magnification unless your head position is 100% PERFECT. Even with reduced magnification to make the target less blurry the reticle moves a ton with the slightest head movement. A 25 yard parallax is a MUST. The Nikon will go on a .223 Wylde AR, where it does not get use under 50 yards. Please dont waste money on the Nikon for a nice .22 I have better results with a cheapo Athlon Argos BTR 6-24×50 in Seekins Rings.

You cant get accurate groups at even 40 yards with high magnification unless your head position is 100% PERFECT. Even with reduced magnification to make the target less blurry the reticle moves a ton with the slightest head movement. A 25 yard parallax is a MUST.

Yup. This is why I put a Weaver Competition T-Series 36X40 on mine. Parallax works great down to 25 yds. :cool:

Does anybody have the Athlon Midas tac 4-16x44 trying to build a 4H light rifle for the kiddos. Vudoo V22 action, Boyd's AT1, gotta be less than 8.5# which I'll have to put the stock on a serious diet. Looks like parallax will go to 10yds which they shoot at 16yds.

I came across this thread https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/athlon-midas-tac.203669/ The fellow did end up with a Midas TAC, take a look and see what he thinks.
Sounds like one guy likes it and one doesn't. The one that didn't replaced it witha scope over 2x the price. This scope is going on a 22 also. So 15-200 yards 99% of the time. It's top of the list now as it's one of the scopes that the parallax will come down to 10 yards, doesn't cost a ton or weigh a ton.

Well, I mentioned earlier I had this Vortex Viper PST 1-4x in USO adj. rings, which by far cost more than the scope but I had 'em and they fit. IMO this scope is perfect for a field use .22 semi. First Vortex optic I've ever owned too, actually impressed with it for the price, it's a nice little scope. Rifle is a Kidd action/trigger/etc. in a Titan stock with a 16" Liberty Pinnacle 2, 4" match barrel and integral suppressor (bored from a Green Mountain match blank). Super quiet, amazingly accurate. Awesome fun. Did I say it was quiet? 12" monocore baffle w/expansion chamber makes it real quiet, moreso than any thread on.

IMG_0837.JPG

Sounds like one guy likes it and one doesn't. The one that didn't replaced it witha scope over 2x the price. This scope is going on a 22 also. So 15-200 yards 99% of the time. It's top of the list now as it's one of the scopes that the parallax will come down to 10 yards, doesn't cost a ton or weigh a ton.
The guy that didn't like a scope states is was an old discontinued Midas BTR, not the new Midas TAC. The Midas TAC has a completely different turret system.

The guy that didn't like a scope states is was an old discontinued Midas BTR, not the new Midas TAC. The Midas TAC has a completely different turret system.
Ahhh I didn't see that, well i have time to research and build. I'm hoping it will work out. I really want to put a variable pe power on it but if I have to ditch some weight I'll have to go to the 6x SWFA that is 15oz.

RPRF3.jpg

I had been running a NF ATACR 4-16x42 that I robbed from a SCAR 17 on my Ruger Precision Rimfire but I recently got a Midas TAC 6-24x50 for my RPRF.......Is it as good as my ATACR? No....but for the price it is awesome! Feels super well built, turrets feel very positive with tight audible clicks, parallax works great, glass is very clear, though I find it much better at x20 than x24.....Love the reticle......that little dot is great for tight little groups.