• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes What Scope for New Gradous 300 Win Mag?

jbaird

Minuteman
Dec 1, 2011
Dallas,Tx.
Cannot decide on scope for new Gradous 300WM. Is Nightforce 5-25X56 plenty to get out to 1300+

Gotta vote for the nightforce as well. I have an F1 3-15 that is going on my 308 and I will prob get another of those or a 5.5-22 for the 300wm I have in the works

More info would help. If your going to start shooting matches I would go with a First Focal Plane scope. Depending on the budget.... The Schmidt Bender 5x25 is the best you can buy IMO. It will do nothing but increase in value and it is a fantastic optic.

If I was going Second Focal Plane I would purchase the new NightForce 5x25 Atrac scope. It is suppose to have better glass than the older NF scopes. IMO that has been the biggest problem with NF. They track perfect, are bulletproof, and are a great optic. BUT....The glass has never been great. Just OK. Im hoping the new scopes live up to the hype.

BTW.....Im putting a 5x25 NF on my 284 Win that Robert and I are putting together

That ole boy sure can build em

Cannot decide on scope for new Gradous 300WM. Is Nightforce 5-25X56 plenty to get out to 1300+

That is plenty of scope if you are shooting at a reasonable sized target. I run a Nightforce 5.5-22 x 56 on my .300 Win Mag and have shot it as far as 1200 on 18"x18" steel targets in the high desert outside Vegas. While mirage is always an issue at longer distances, acquiring/engaging the target at 22x was not a problem.

I have a 5-20x50 SWFA on my Sendero 300WM and shoot .5 moa all day. But NF is nice and in the end its based on what you need it for.

Have atacr on my lapua and love it. Also have nxs on my 6.5x284 and there's quite a difference in the Ed glass. Atacr will give u more than the 1300.

Have atacr on my lapua and love it. Also have nxs on my 6.5x284 and there's quite a difference in the Ed glass. Atacr will give u more than the 1300.