• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What scope?

Cullenwruth

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2011
Looking for a scope for my future gap ar10, can't afford a NF right now what's the best I can get for under or around $800?

Re: What scope?

Weaver tac, Vortex pst, Supersniper, or SightronIII.

I think you will like what have to offer, there in your price range and all are excellent scopes.

Plan on shooting steel out to 1000 and the occasional hunting with it

Me personally, I'd go with a used SWFA SS 10x RF. When looking for a hold over scope, I try to go low cost/no frills, but functional.

They hold their value well and can typically be resold for what you paid for it, but it will function for you in the interim. Put the rest of your budget to the funding of your permanent scope.

I have a SS fixed 10 on my rem sps tac and really like it. Just wish they made a variable zoom for under $1000

I'm looking at going for the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 FFP mil/mil EMDR for my next rifle. Can't decide if I want to go for an under $1k or over $1k scope; but for the money under $1k, the Weaver is a phenomenal bargain. I have looked through the 3-15x and it's an exceptional scope. I like it better than my Vortex Viper PST due to the eye box being more forgiving.

There are 2 Weaver 3x15's. One has Mil/MOA, and the next one up has Mil/Mil with illuminated reticle. I've fondled dozens of scopes in the $600-$1000 range, and the Weaver is the the one I'm buying. It's really nice.

I have a Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24x50 that is FFP amd Mil/Mil. It has been a good scope but lacks enough internal adjustment to get to 1000 yards. You would need to get a 20 moa base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenZero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are 2 Weaver 3x15's. One has Mil/MOA, and the next one up has Mil/Mil with illuminated reticle. I've fondled dozens of scopes in the $600-$1000 range, and the Weaver is the the one I'm buying. It's really nice. </div></div>
I should have looked better, you're right. Sweet.