• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What Scopes Compare to Trijicon?

bigbovine

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2010
TN
I have looked at a few scopes at the local gun store. I looked at the Trijicon Accupoint and liked it somewhat. It has a few of the things I am looking for, but wonder what there is that has the same features.These are
1- "click" adjustments. I do not care for the sponge adjustments of the cheap stuff.
2- "clear to me glass." I have and like the glass on Luepolds and like what I see through a Bushnell Elite 4200 for Example(I am not super picky, this is according to my weak eyes)
3-The price on the trijicon is in the upper level of my spend range, but will spend more if i truly like.
4- 3-9x40 or a 4-12x40 is what I want at this point, like to be able to reach out, but mostly under 500 yards.

I realize that parallax adjustment is a different concern, but I would like to have but do not need. I am leaning towards the Elite 4200, Trijicon, Leupold AR 3-9 and 4-12, And the Nikon monarchs and buckmasters. Anything else I can look at that is similar? By the way,I really like how the Trijicon Dials are set and the positive clicks, that may push me to the Trijicon except for price, the Elite 4200 I am looking at is half the price.

Re: What Scopes Compare to Trijicon?

As a side, I am looking for something with mil dots.

Another Option:

SWFA Super Sniper 3-9x42mm
-$599
-http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-9x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P41044.aspx

With a search you can probably find the video review done by Lowlight here on the hide.

Yep Gonna go with the SS3x9. I am also going to get one of the 1x4x24 Trijicons the optics are both top notch.

I looked into the AccuPoint during my last scope shopping research. I ended up with a Leupold MK4, but would've been happy with the AccuPoint as well. In the end, the MK4 was less money and the budget won out.