• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What stock, HTG or ???

txgunnertx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
weatherford tx
I am in need of a new stock, looking at a HTG but curious what others I should look at. This is a hunting rig that might see some targets so I am thinking that the normal style will suit me better. Also how much heavier is an A5 than a HTG?

Re: What stock, HTG or ???

For my personal recommendation to you... Manners MCS-T. No other stock for me...

DK

McMillan HTG and Manners MCS-T are both outstanding for your needs. I currently use both. Both have adjustable combs which for my eye/scope alignment is needed. Pay the extra money and get the factory adjustable combs. Both can also be had in lighter weights if needed. The Mcmillan with the Edge tech fill. The Manners can be had with 90% carbon fiber fill.

The manners has a higher comb in the non adjustable version which is nice. Also as mentioned thsey have the carbon finer option.

The T3 rear is similar but the forend is rounder. I like the feel of the T3 alot. I have 3 of them now.

McMillan has the new Game Scout and A3 Sporter that sound like they might be what you're looking for.

I will never let go of my HTG stock. Unless you have used one its hard to describe. i think the adjustable probably is the better way to go , although i wanted a m40a1 look so i for go the adjustable.

MCM A1-3 or MCS-T for a hunting rig. I don't think you can get an edge tech stock with an adj comb, but that would be countrer productive anyway.