• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What stocks for Sako M995 LM action

ltfirehunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2008
Rock Spring Georgia
I'm using the Sako M995 action in 338 LM to build on, and was wondering which stocks/actions footprints are interchageable with each other that I may be able to use.

Re: What stocks for Sako M995 LM action

An M995 fan right here . . .

McMillan and Manners both make inlets for the M995. I went with a McMillan A5 for my 7mmRM build.

Contact <span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">steelcomp</span></span> here on SH if you want info on Manners. He went with a Manners T4A for his M995 build.

I would also recommend upgrading to a Remington-style recoil lug if you're planning on changing the barrel. The Sako lug leaves a lot to be desired.

Picture014-1.jpg

Picture004-9.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Glock24 Thanks for the info. I will be changing barrels stock and so on. I didnt think they had a the similar footprint as mmost common actions, Rem,,win. etc.
I am leaning towards a Manners T2A

The M995 definitely requires its own inlet. Mostly because it is longer than most other common long actions.

We'd all love to see the completed project!

I saw Glock's rifle last October and decided to go the same direction with the M995 in 7mm RM. I will tell you right off the bat...make sure that who ever does your barrel work understands clearly that the threads are metric. They are 1.052" x 1.5mm thread pitch. This is very close to a 1 1/16 x 16 and is an easy mistake for someone not paying attention.

X2 on the Rem recoil lug as well.

I liked the style and some of the newer features of the Manners, so I went with the T4A. It's a custom inlet that Tom Manners has to do himself by hand (not a CNC program) It takes a little longer than an "off the shelf" stock so be prepared to wait with NO expectations.

I went with a Bartlein 5R gain twist barrel which took some time to get as well, but I believe will be worth the wait when the rifle is finished. I'm still in the "project" phase of my build. I'll put up some pics if I get the time.

Welcome to the family.

APA will do all the work, and the barrel will probably be another Broughton, I have had excellent results with em.
I have a line on a Kreiger 28' blank (MTU contour)at reasonable price, finished length may be a little less than I want.

It is a 28" Bartlein in their heavy varmint (#9) contour.

ltfirehunter, don't overlook the fact that there is no removeable/reuseable bottom metal on your factory stock. You will need a custom metal floorplate assembly to restock this rifle. We sell these for $175 blued with one of our stocks for it. Dick at McMillans

Dick,

Do you offer an M995 inlet for stocks other than the A5 (e.g., A4, McHale)?

Gary