• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What sucks more than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

Re: What sucks more than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?

spending a crap load of money and a years anticipation to go to the air show and it gets cancelled due to weather- no refunds either.

Dolphins...regards of win/loss record.

The Chicago Cubs. They'll probably suck for another 100 years at this rate.

AND THE WINNER IS!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Chicago Cubs. They'll probably suck for another 100 years at this rate. </div></div>

Cubs File Bankruptcy Under Sale to Ricketts Family

By Steven Church

Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- The Chicago Cubs filed for bankruptcy as part of a plan by owner Tribune Co. to sell the baseball team to the family of TD Ameritrade Holding Corp. founder Joe Ricketts.

Chicago National League Ball Club LLC listed assets and debts of more than $1 billion in documents filed today in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware.

The company’s board approved the bankruptcy, saying it “is desirable and in the best interest of the company,” according to the Chapter 11 petition.

Under a process approved last month by U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Kevin Carey, Tribune plans to transfer the Cubs to a new entity controlled by the Ricketts family. Tribune, the bankrupt newspaper and television company, would retain a 5 percent stake in the team.

The deal, worth about $845 million, would bring Tribune creditors $740 million, according to court records.

Because the transaction is a so-called leveraged partnership, it will enable Tribune to avoid paying about $300 million in taxes, according to tax consultant Robert Willens, who teaches a class on tax law at the business school at Columbia University.

December Filing

Should Carey grant final court approval for the deal, Tribune would take cash out of the partnership, which is funded by debt. The structure allows Tribune to avoid taxes it would pay as part of a traditional sale, Willens said.

Tribune filed for bankruptcy court protection in December, about a year after billionaire real-estate developer Sam Zell led the $8.3 billion purchase of the company. Tribune’s properties include the Los Angeles Times and the namesake Chicago newspaper.

The Cubs have drawn more than 3 million spectators to their 95-year-old stadium in each of the past six seasons. Those fans fill Wrigley Field, on the city’s North Side, to root for a squad that hasn’t won a World Series since 1908, the longest drought in baseball. The team finished 83-78 this season, second place in the National League Central division behind St. Louis.

The Cubs haven’t reached the World Series since 1945, when the team lost to the Detroit Tigers in seven games after tavern owner William Sianis cursed the franchise because his pet goat was ejected from a game.

The case is In re Tribune Co., 08-13141, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware (Wilmington).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fubarski2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chefs.

ETA: Not a misprint. </div></div>

"Great googley moogley"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phil1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
AND THE WINNER IS!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Chicago Cubs. They'll probably suck for another 100 years at this rate. </div></div>

Cubs File Bankruptcy Under Sale to Ricketts Family

By Steven Church

Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- The Chicago Cubs filed for bankruptcy as part of a plan by owner Tribune Co. to sell the baseball team to the family of TD Ameritrade Holding Corp. founder Joe Ricketts.

Chicago National League Ball Club LLC listed assets and debts of more than $1 billion in documents filed today in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware.

The company’s board approved the bankruptcy, saying it “is desirable and in the best interest of the company,” according to the Chapter 11 petition.

Under a process approved last month by U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Kevin Carey, Tribune plans to transfer the Cubs to a new entity controlled by the Ricketts family. Tribune, the bankrupt newspaper and television company, would retain a 5 percent stake in the team.

The deal, worth about $845 million, would bring Tribune creditors $740 million, according to court records.

Because the transaction is a so-called leveraged partnership, it will enable Tribune to avoid paying about $300 million in taxes, according to tax consultant Robert Willens, who teaches a class on tax law at the business school at Columbia University.

December Filing

Should Carey grant final court approval for the deal, Tribune would take cash out of the partnership, which is funded by debt. The structure allows Tribune to avoid taxes it would pay as part of a traditional sale, Willens said.

Tribune filed for bankruptcy court protection in December, about a year after billionaire real-estate developer Sam Zell led the $8.3 billion purchase of the company. Tribune’s properties include the Los Angeles Times and the namesake Chicago newspaper.

The Cubs have drawn more than 3 million spectators to their 95-year-old stadium in each of the past six seasons. Those fans fill Wrigley Field, on the city’s North Side, to root for a squad that hasn’t won a World Series since 1908, the longest drought in baseball. The team finished 83-78 this season, second place in the National League Central division behind St. Louis.

The Cubs haven’t reached the World Series since 1945, when the team lost to the Detroit Tigers in seven games after tavern owner William Sianis cursed the franchise because his pet goat was ejected from a game.

The case is In re Tribune Co., 08-13141, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware (Wilmington). </div></div>

This really does suck but...I still think the suckage (Suckishness? Suckination?)of the Bucs has a certain pathetic pedigree to it that overwhelm their 8-10 respectable years, thus revealing the rich sucky contrast from well owned, managed and populated teams.

Thus, I am unpersuaded thus far that anything other than Detroit and the C____(deleted to keep post free of offensive, though entirely true, political content), suck as much as, let alone more than the Bucs.

Georgia, that's why the St. Johns river flows north(my favorite Florida/UGA joke). Just Kidding, stop crying...

The one thing or person that comes to mind is the POTUS.hehehe. Or having to rip perfectly good welded frames from the walls at Sears in Odessa,TX. just because the client wants 3-0x7-0 doors instead of 3-0x6-8!!!!!!!LOL

The skins may have a "W" or two but they are the most frustrating team to watch bar none
mad.gif

Logo.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRAM40A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The one thing or person that comes to mind is the POTUS.hehehe. Or having to rip perfectly good welded frames from the walls at Sears in Odessa,TX. just because the client wants 3-0x7-0 doors instead of 3-0x6-8!!!!!!!LOL </div></div>

Glad your'e busy man. Perhaps they realized 6-8 doors aren't tall enough for <span style="font-size: 26pt"> Texan's ! </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRAM40A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The one thing or person that comes to mind is the POTUS.hehehe. Or having to rip perfectly good welded frames from the walls at Sears in Odessa,TX. just because the client wants 3-0x7-0 doors instead of 3-0x6-8!!!!!!!LOL </div></div>

Glad your'e busy man. Perhaps they realized 6-8 doors aren't tall enough for <span style="font-size: 26pt"> Texan's ! </span> </div></div>

Thank you!!!! I needed a good laugh!hahaha.

The #40 jersey was the only reason for me to give a crap about tampa bay; so now I don't.

Pittsburgh Pirates. Are they still a professional team?

The Twins base running. Ugh! I've seen little leaguers make fewer errors running the bases.

Marc Anthony Sucks more than the Buccs, and almost as bad as the city of Detriot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nesikabay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the west coast </div></div>

thats what I was gonna say....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fubarski2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chefs.

ETA: Not a misprint. </div></div>

"Great googley moogley"</div></div>

"Great googley moogely"......Havent heard that oneinages

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smallmouth Crazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Bengals did for a long time..now I only praw they dont lead me to dispair once again. </div></div>

they just did.

I can tell you what or who doesn't suck tonight!!! The Dallas Cowboys.......hehehehe. 34-7 right now.

I'm holding out hope... that the bye week will inspire my beloved Saints. If not, I have one week to prepare my next post for this thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy Birthday Guard Dog! Do they play the Cowboys next week?</div></div>

No, Dallas won so they play Minnesota. Had Philly won, they would play New Orleans.

New Orleans gets the winner of the Arizona/GB game today.

Well in that case, I can support the Saints since I don't give three turds about Green Bay or the Cardinals! And New Orleans is in the Bucs division. <span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">Since the Bucs made the Saints our bitch last month, I can support them as their win would be ours... </span></span>
laugh.gif

Much as I feel a huge void regarding football this year with the Bucs blowing cunks and USF now coachless, this weekend's football, and that coming up is the best there will be for several months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy Birthday Guard Dog! Do they play the Cowboys next week? </div></div>

Thank you very much.

We have to wait for the AZ / GB game, to see who they play. Either way, it's at the Dome, so I hope that home field advantage give the Saints a boost.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well in that case, I can support the Saints since I don't give three turds about Green Bay or the Cardinals! And New Orleans is in the Bucs division. <span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #CC0000">Since the Bucs made the Saints our bitch last month, I can support them as their win would be ours... </span></span>
laugh.gif

Much as I feel a huge void regarding football this year with the Bucs blowing chunks and USF now coachless, this weekend's football, and that coming up is the best there will be for several months.

</div></div>

Very well played, sir. I expected as much from a tattooed savage. On this of all days.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I support any team that plays the igles
laugh.gif
, even the awful Vaqueros!
</div></div>
imageln.jpg

Theres nothing awful about that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I support any team that plays the igles
laugh.gif
</div></div>
imageln.jpg

Theres nothing awful about that! </div></div>

Well played sir.

Thanx, that was from last nights game!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I support any team that plays the igles
laugh.gif
</div></div>
imageln.jpg

Theres nothing awful about that! </div></div>

Well sir you do know that a Vaquero is a cowBOY not a female cattle harrasser. The lovely in that photo would be a VaquerA. But then I should not have to correct a Texan's grasp of basic Spanish... should I?

And yes, there aint a damn thing awful about her except her longing to be riding cowgirl me
laugh.gif
!