• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos What the...?

K_Labs

Collector
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Ca, LA
Look what I saw on my way to work. There were actually 2 of them but the 2nd one didn't turn out so well.

Re: What the...?

God I miss riding in Pigs. Fast bastards. Thought they were gigantic until we pulled up next to an M1 Abrams....
Yea we were tiny midgets next to that big fucker.

Fun time was back in 07-08 when they were uparmoring LAVs out in Iraq. Thanks to a logistics fuckup, we got the upgraded engine before we got the upgraded armor for a few months. Had the fastest set of wheels in al-anbar...

Looks like a road march. 2nd LAR used to road march from Camp Lejeune to some of the nearby Army bases (Benning/Brag)every year or so in order to use their gunnery ranges. It's not too often people see military equipment like LAVs traveling the roads...and to a civilian they're tanks.

I was thinking the same thing, if that were cruising down the street in Minneapolis, we'd hear about how it felt to be occupied by tanks by all the lefties.

That's a pretty sweet rig, hows the ride in the back? better than a Bradley?

C_K

I've seen those things before.

I use to shoot things with those back in 99'-03'.

3rd LAR, Chuck co.,Bravo co.

I miss the smell of Bandini in the morning.

Zach

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris_K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking the same thing, if that were cruising down the street in Minneapolis, we'd hear about how it felt to be occupied by tanks by all the lefties.

C_K</div></div>

Cramped, and the turret doesn't have much safety cage around it. When it's traversing you need to be REALLY careful about where your gear and arms / legs are.

But, the suspension is pretty good so the ride is smooth for a 14.5 ton vehicle. Given it's weight, it gets up and moves and stops quickly.

It never ceased to amaze me how many idiots would cut you off on the roads when you were on a road march though.

Seen this all the time when i lived at Camp Lejeune.

Nice. Who needs a prius? I wonder how many stars this has in the crash test?

I currently operate in these. LAV-25A2. For everyone curious it is a 25mm main gun with a coaxially mounted M240 and a M240B pintle mounted. I'm currently stationed in 29 palms with 3rd LAR.

Now that is how you clear up a traffic jam. A little 25mm knocking at your bumper asking you to move.. lol

Welcome aboard ! Go see Stacy @ Stud cuts . Her motto , ' Regulation doesn't have to look stupid.

You guys did a great job at 220H on the last EMV . Good job.

My cousin is a Lifer in the 1st LAR, he is leaving very soon to go back to the box. Been in for at least 15 years at this point maybe more. I got to check one of these out at FOB Payne (not completely sure it was a FOB) last year when I took a couple days off work to go see him while I was in Afghanistan. Pretty neat little dudes but definately not the Abrams that I learned to love in the Army. Pretty crazy the first time I had seen him in 5 years was in a shitty third world country while he was deployed and I was contracting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_Labs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look what I saw on my way to work. </div></div>

yeah Baghdad is a hell of a commute, but the property values in the suburbs makes the ride worth it.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_Labs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look what I saw on my way to work. </div></div>

yeah Baghdad is a hell of a commute, but the property values in the suburbs makes the ride worth it.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

No I'm in southern california that was on valley view & rosecrans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeSWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I miss the smell of Bandini in the morning.

Zach
</div></div> After dealing with AMTRAC's I was like wholy shit LAV's are small on the inside....
Nothing quite like PTing next to thousands of gallons of poo...
I still get to enjoy Lake Bandini for a few more months... Must be lucky i guess....

Hmm, La Mirada / Santa Fe Springs area. Maybe a Nat. Guard MP unit on their way to train with LA County sheriff's - in case the "Occupy Sesame Street" group gets out of control.
laugh.gif

That's what our border towns will look like, if we don't stop the spillage from Mexico's violence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmm, La Mirada / Santa Fe Springs area. Maybe a Nat. Guard MP unit on their way to train with LA County sheriff's - in case the "Occupy Sesame Street" group gets out of control.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Nailed it. It's a funny pic if I could put the full size one up you can see the yellow Oxman's Surplus sign in the back.

That is so friggen bad ass. The best that I have seen were 10 or so M1 Abrahms being pulled on the railroad tracks. Imagine you're just waiting at the RR crossing and out of no where a bunch of tanks go by. Got me PUMPED.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_Labs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmm, La Mirada / Santa Fe Springs area. Maybe a Nat. Guard MP unit on their way to train with LA County sheriff's - in case the "Occupy Sesame Street" group gets out of control.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Nailed it. It's a funny pic if I could put the full size one up you can see the yellow Oxman's Surplus sign in the back. </div></div>

I used to go to Oxman's all the time as a kid. I'm surprised they're still around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captnmo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Click it or Ticket....seriously!</div></div>

Yeah, they are not playing any more!

Im an armorer for 2D LAR A Co and have spent WAY too much time in the back of one of those! They are a super smooth ride in the desert, but if your poped up out the back you get a nice thick layer of dust.

lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris_K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking the same thing, if that were cruising down the street in Minneapolis, we'd hear about how it felt to be occupied by tanks by all the lefties.

C_K </div></div>

could you imagine downtown traffic somewhere just waiting to get through! I need one of those for getting through the DC traffic!!