• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to do and eat in tuscon?

hypno02

Not Politically Correct
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2006
South Dakota
I'm in tuscon playing baseball and my dad and I are looking for good places to do tourist-ish stuff and eat. Any input would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

For a nice piece of steak and different atmosphere check out Lil Abner's Steak House, 8501 N Silverbell Rd, Tucson
(520) 744-2800

Is that one out on the east side somewhere that has open mesquite fired grill in the middle of the place??? My family took me there about 8 years ago I dont recall the name and dear lord that still ranks up there as one of the better streaks I have ever gotten in a restaurant anywhere in the country.

Plus one on on tTt, go for their country fried steak. One of the best I've had. Ours a truck stop restaurant.
Another plus for lil Abners. Some of the best steak in town.
If you like Italian, Mamma Luisa, vivache, or Guiseppes.
For Mexican, high class, cafe poca cosa downtown.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

If you have time head west on Speedway and go towards the Saguaro National Monument. Really beautiful scenery in the Sonoran Desert. Along the way you'll pass a place, don't remember the name, but it its like a desert museum with all kinds of of natural flora and fauna. There's an aviary you can go in with birds. If you've never been in the desert, don't miss it. Also try the local Mexican food. Much different than the stuff you get at the local TexMex restaurant. They use green chilies and blue corn. Yummmmmm

^
Fairly sure that place you speak of is actually called "The Desert Museum" and if your going to be out on the south of town of there is always the San Xavier Spanish Mission, Built in the 1690's its the oldest still active house of worship in the county. Its kinda creepy though....

I cant believe it has not been mentioned but out by the base near the airport is Pima County Air Museum, and its one of the better ones I have ever been too outside Wright Patterson Field in OH.....

Last edited:
The Pima air museum is a must see and it's also worth a trip a few miles south to Green Valley to see the Titan missile museum - descend into a retired missile defense silo and check it out!

Is that one out on the east side somewhere that has open mesquite fired grill in the middle of the place??? My family took me there about 8 years ago I dont recall the name and dear lord that still ranks up there as one of the better streaks I have ever gotten in a restaurant anywhere in the country.

There is also Pinnacle Peak http://www.pinnaclepeaksteakhouse.com/ which I always enjoyed, particularly for the skillet BBQ thing they do. There is also El Corral, owned by the same people but a totally different vibe. I've had good steaks at both places.

Thanks for all the reccomendations fellas. We ate at El Carro mexican downtown which was very good. Tonight we ate at lil abners and it's truly the best steak I've ever had. Yesterday we went to the Pima Air and Space museum and it's easily the most impressive air museum I've ever seen. The aircraft boneyard tour was 100% mind blowing and incredible. We also checked out the Titan II missile yesterday which was very cool.

After checking out those two places I have determined this: There are some really smart people out there. True geniuses.

Make sure you visit Curves. Top 5 all time clubs :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hypno, if yer still there, give Zinburgers on Grant a shot, best Kobe burgers evah!! Make mine med rare please!