• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to do.......what to do. I've got a chance at a dream rifle.

Nice buy and nice camo indeed. Good luck on getting a good scope and also for any competitions you get into using it. Don't think there are any near me really close and even then I have several months before being able to because of work.

As someone who doesnt fully know your financial situation i cant say for certain what you should do but I will say this...every time ive bought something a little cheaper rather than save for what i really wanted i regretted it in the end.

...every time ive bought something a little cheaper rather than save for what i really wanted i regretted it in the end.

I won't say "every time" because every once in a while one does come across a smoking value for money deal where something performs way better than it should. But I will say "almost every time".

Awesome rifle. I too lusted over one for years, and about 3 years ago broke down and bought a new trg-22. I don’t regret it one bit, and was worth the wait and sacrifice.

About a year ago I bought a trg-42, which is currently sitting in the safe waiting on optics. During the same time I purchased a suppressor (omega) for my trg-22 and it has quickly become my all time favorite rifle.

Great find and great price. May the rifle bring you many years of joy.

It wasn't an invitation to start a pissing match. It was a legit question from me, who has plenty of trigger time with high end Anschutz rifles but has never had the chance to shoot a TRG.

If you have no basis to compare the two, just say "I don't know" and that's that.

I have a LOT of time behind several Anschutz 5018 and 5020 trigger equipped 54's and also wore a 308 barrel out on my TRG before having a 260 and a 2nd 308 barrel installed. So needless to say I am familiar with both. IMO the "old" TRG trigger is better, but not by much. I have owned and shot at least 10 Anschutz 5018 triggers and while they are great they don't feel as crisp to me as the TRG trigger.

You have a killer rifle right there my friend, enjoy it! Also as far as optics if it were me and on a budget I would be looking for a used Bushnell DMR with the G2.

I have owned and shot at least 10 Anschutz 5018 triggers and while they are great they don't feel as crisp to me as the TRG trigger.

Currently owning both a 54:18MSR and older TRG22 for side by side comparison, I don't agree. However, both are top tier factory triggers and trigger feel is largely personal preference.

Congrats to the OP on your dream rifle, TRG's may not be the newest/coolest any more, but no doubt they are still among the very best available.