• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

What to do with spent brass

GhengisAhn175

Last known
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2013
Last known
Gents,

Some of my brass is coming to the point where primer pockets have expanded and don't hold the primers in anymore.

Besides stockpiling brass to sell around $2 a
Lb, anything else that can be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep a bucket for scrap brass under my bench. When casings get messed up during reloading or don't meet my specs anymore, I'll scrap it. You should be getting more than $2 a pound though.

I'd scrap it or maybe make whatever I can out of it. Maybe have some craft time?

I have a bucket of brass under my bench for "non working" brass. Including some Berdan stuff I picket up at the range. I use it to set dies, set up case neck trimmer and case neck turning tools.

Don't trash it. There's always something to do with brass.

[MENTION=77238]JaysonF[/MENTION] that's the offer around my area. I checked briefly online but some sites ask for specific calibers only. A lot of this I have is mixed from pistol to rifle and may calibers.
[MENTION=88056]BDA2[/MENTION] I have less than 20 lbs (don't have a scale to weigh it). I'll get around to weighing it when able I could ask a friend of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I give my used/surplus brass to a friend who casts it into buttplates, patch box covers and trigger guards for the flintlock rifles he makes.