• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to do?

RPN

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2013
New Zealand
I am a lefty, and looking for a new .22. It will be used solely for hunting, and currently I'm trying to decide between waiting for the left hand T1X to arrive here, or buying a Anschutz 1416 off the shelf. If the Lithgow wasn't so ugly I'd look at one of them too, but...

I've got a 10/22 for spotlighting, this will be to bridge the gap between that and a suppressed T3 in .223. I'll be putting a March 3-24 on top and a can on the front.

What would you do? I'm in no hurry, the job is currently being done by a Savage Mk II, but I just can't bring myself to like it.

Agreed. Left handed Vudoo and they are available now

Reactions: RPN
Thanks guys. Unfortunately, due to mainly geographical reasons (I live on the other side of the planet...), a Vudoo isn't an option.

With that in mind, does anybody have experience of both of these rifles, and a comparison to offer?

Welllll, turns out the 1416 is discontinued, and the last new one in NZ was bought the morning I started looking. I had a look through all the gun shops I could think of, nothing.

Then a mate sent a link to a second hand rifle, so now I own a 1988 (marked made in West Germany) LH 1416 22lr. It's in the workshop with me now, while I try and decide how much to trim off the barrel. I'm thinking to start at 16", and cut it back in 1/2" sections (to lose the thread) if that doesn't shoot well.

Very happy, I am. Contemplating putting a 2.5-10 x 52 W German marked Zeiss on it, just because.