• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to get for a precision rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

John22

Private
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2020
Indiana
I am looking to get into precision rifle shooting and I would like one ready out of the box for it or if it is better to go the chassi route what chassi. I’m new and any information or suggest pls comment

What is your budget? Does your budget include glass ect? What are you wanting to do with the rifle? Hunt? competition?

Preferable the rifle to be bellow the 3500 dollar mark and same with the chassi route. I already took care of the glass. And shoot competition

I am new to precision shooting and I would like to buy a rifle and I don’t know if the chassi route is the way to go or just a rifle right out of the box ready to go. I would like to keep the rifle under 3,500 including the chassi route too. I already have glass I just don’t know what brands are the best. Pls give any suggestions and any information thanks

I am new to precision shooting and I would like to buy a rifle and I don’t know if the chassi route is the way to go or just a rifle right out of the box ready to go. I would like to keep the rifle under 3,500 including the chassi route too. I already have glass I just don’t know what brands are the best. Pls give any suggestions and any information thanks
I'm very pleased with my Tikka T3X TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor. Under $2000, 1/2 MOA groups with good factory ammo.

Thanks I was kind of deciding between a tikia t3x and the cadex sheep dog but I haven’t heard about the cadex sheep dog that much and I don’t know how good they are and the quality

Badrock Southfork, Seekins Havak Bravo, or APO Sniper's Hide Edition Saber.

The American rifle co xylo rifle would have my attention for 2500 with zero upgrades to do to it

Same, and I wouldn't look at anything else, but I am a fan boi of ARC. What I like is that it is an action, trigger, and chassis that don't need upgrade.

I like the way the others are doing their "production rifles" for PRS too, but so many use a "lower quality" action, chassis, and/or trigger. Its not a lot lower, but Ted didn't dumb down any portion of his product to get it under the $2500 so to speak. MPA uses their chassis but a budget Curtis action. Badrock, uses an MDT, I think, but it isn't the ACC. None of the Xylo components are anything but the straight up off the shelf, and its a great deal looking at individual prices.

You wouldn't go wrong with any of the other rifles mentioned above. It just comes down to features you want to pay for. All of them will shoot. Look at features and go from there. Some are three lug, some two, some CRF, some push, etc.

I would like to get into prs shooting and I don’t know what rifle to get. I was looking towards the cadex defense sheep dog but I haven’t heard anything about them. Any suggestions pls comment

Can we establish a few things first?

What is your budget?

What caliber do you plan to shoot?

Why do you think the Cadex Sheepdog is your best option at this point?

If you can afford a custom rig you’ll be better off. Tikkas are good production rifles and if that’s what you like go for it. Just don’t expect a production rifle to be in the same class as a custom rig. Your $3500 will be more than enough to get you a nice custom rig. Defiance tenacity action with nitride treatment $1000, PVA prefit barrel $675, trigger tech diamond trigger $275, krg chassis $350-$1200 depending on which one. Most of those items are on the px for less money and many are still new never assembled or used. Good luck with your rifle and happy holidays to you and yours

Reactions: Jcrios014
He’s probably just trying to get his points or reply’s or whatever they’re called so he can get px privilege without really contributing anything.
That’s what I’m thinking. Fuck him! People are taking the time to give him suggestions and he’s basically shitting on them by not acknowledging and posting another thread asking the same thing.

That’s what I’m thinking. Fuck him! People are taking the time to give him suggestions and he’s basically shitting on them by not acknowledging and posting another thread asking the same thing.
That’s pretty messed up if you think about it. I mean wtf is the hurry to sell stuff and not contribute. That’s some shady shit and I concur wholeheartedly with your sentiments.

Two posts on the same day, same topic, broken English and bad spelling.

Just saying..............................................

Heck.....he may be from Georgia...like me. Generally speaking...English is not our primary language. It ranges from ATL-ish street talk, to trailer trash.....to Southernese.

Hell, just look at how bad we've done in the most important election in our history in terms of protecting the shooting sports.

Reactions: sjmpcc022
Status
Not open for further replies.