• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to talk about...

Animal357

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2020
    My 65 year old cousin, newly gay (previously married to a woman, had a kid now and grand children) vegetarian, liberal from Berkely CA, is coming for visit with me in rural Missouri with his husband.

I have seen him maybe 4 times since adulthood

What could we possibly talk about?

Last edited:
    Hate to break it to you but the gay part isn't new more than likely.

your an adult so figure it out, you let them visit. You talk to people daily so just be a normal human.

You have seen him four times in roughly 45 years? Not interested in a visit cuz......might as well be hosting a stranger. Not worth my time spent on real friends and family. Sounds cold maybe but the older I get the less patience I have for wasting my personal time better spent on people that mean something to me.

Reactions: Plinker 73
    Talk about family memories . Family history . All the good stuff .

I would not entertain a single thought about allowing them in my home.
    They are on a scouting trip:"See something, say something." Your two gun collection , and 50 rds of ammo will be reported as an arsenal. You'll get red-flagged in half an hour after dinner, when his screaming bitch companion decides he's been threatened. They are going to expect to have sex under your roof. They are going to push their "business" into everybody's faces who live there. And you are "supposed" to accept all that bullshit.
    Tell them you got the double covid, or will be in Ukraine, or "I'm expecting to be sick then, so please stay home".
    At the absolute LEAST level of offensiveness, he is seeking validation, because his closer family has told them to take their mental illness and depravity elsewhere. He chose you.
    Would you allow someone in your house to screw your daughter. Noisily? Would you share your wife? Would you say nothing if a guest decided to take a crap in front of the hearth? Fart unrepressedly? Screw with the Thermostat? This guy is a near stranger, would you allow that with anybody else you have only seen 4 times in a lifetime?

1647796738733.png

Talk about the impact of monoculture farming on the native watershed. Always an incredibly interesting discussion. And indians, indians are fun to talk about.

Here's a novel idea. How about instead of just focusing on what you both don't have in common, how about focus on what you do have in common. Good food and drinks, movies, games, books, sports, etc.

There was once a time not too long ago where discussing politics and religion in normal conversations was considered inappropriate and rude. I'm all for getting back to those times again.