• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to use when you can't find Lemi shine

I used to clean and sell upwards of 1,000 lbs a week. Used multiple bigg dawg tumblers for the stainless, and a cement mixer for the corn cob polish. Just bought it from Amazon.

Reactions: georgelza
Because Publix is the best.
While you're there, you can also grab a Pub sub or chicken tenders.
Oh, and they carry Lemi Shine too.😁

Reactions: georgelza
curious, if I say I'm not in the USA, and can't buy Lemi shine this, how do you think giving me another product and listing a USA located shop is going to help... from the sarcastic side of me ;)
G

You don't have airlines and a passport? from the sarcastic side of me.

Seriously, move to a county that hasn't banned lemon juice.

Because Publix is the best.
While you're there, you can also grab a Pub sub or chicken tenders.
Oh, and they carry Lemi Shine too.😁

Well, yeah, if you want to use dishwashing products. I buy the lemon juice made specifically for cleaning brass.

There's a reloading section here. I bet you will get more helpful advice with your situation there. The Bear Pit is where the fun and games happen. So don't take it personally
I saw the reloading section, but it looked allot more caliber specific,
figured instead of pasting this there, as this is 1/2 talking sh$t about what people do I'd post it here.
G

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Well, yeah, if you want to use dishwashing products. I buy the lemon juice made specifically for cleaning brass.

My first attempt at citric acid and drying in the toaster oven.

Some really old Remington 6-BR brass.

Both things went wrong.

Too much Lemishine and the toaster oven was at like 350°

Forgot they were in there and they got that temp for something like two hours...
The color was really pretty though. 😁
20211004_133639.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
I saw the reloading section, but it looked allot more caliber specific,
figured instead of pasting this there, as this is 1/2 talking sh$t about what people do I'd post it here.
G

You have to scroll past all the pinned posts to get to the more active portion of the reloading sub forum.

If you'd ever learned how to use walnut media properly, you wouldn't need to ask this question in the wrong forum.
Its almost as hard as using the search function to find Anal Compulsives Anonymous.

If you'd ever learned how to use walnut media properly, you wouldn't need to ask this question in the wrong forum.
Its almost as hard as using the search function to find Anal Compulsives Anonymous.
oh heaven forbid, i asked question in the "lounge" forum, forum police pls spank me. ffs.
Thank you everyone that decided to add value/contribute to my answer, vs those that decide their value would be to bank at me.
pitty we don't have a close thread button at this time.
G

Reactions: 308pirate
oh heaven forbid, i asked question in the "lounge" forum, forum police pls spank me. ffs.
Thank you everyone that decided to add value/contribute to my answer, vs those that decide their value would be to bank at me.
pitty we don't have a close thread button at this time.
G
You do have a close thread button. And an ignore button. I'm not surprised you can't find it.

I thought you said you wanted a bit of chicanery, is why you posted here?
If you want spankings, you'll have to wait till your next lemon party, Scooter.

You do have a close thread button. And an ignore button. I'm not surprised you can't find it.

I thought you said you wanted a bit of chicanery, is why you posted here?
If you want spankings, you'll have to wait till your next lemon party, Scooter.
since it seems you you missed your calling... being a junior grade teacher... where would i find the "close" button, for my reference for next time.
As per requests, I'll leave this open so you can have more chances to show to others you better than anyone as you are a quick searcher.
G

My first attempt at citric acid and drying in the toaster oven.

Some really old Remington 6-BR brass.

Both things went wrong.

Too much Lemishine and the toaster oven was at like 350°

Forgot they were in there and they got that temp for something like two hours...
The color was really pretty though. 😁
View attachment 7988551
That poor, poor brass......

I just squirt some Brasso in my tumbler. Brass comes out looking new in a few hours.

Doc

Reactions: abn31c
since it seems you you missed your calling... being a junior grade teacher... where would i find the "close" button, for my reference for next time.
As per requests, I'll leave this open so you can have more chances to show to others you better than anyone as you are a quick searcher.
G

I ribbed you a bit.
I answered your question.
Now you want to act tough for the crowd.

I see that you are handicapped, probably on government assistance for your ADHD. Feel around in the edit thread section, maybe you'll find it. Kinda like finding the G-spot on a 12 pound pussy. Just keep poking around, it's hard to miss.

Citric acid is good shit to keep around the house. Has a ton of uses. It’s a good all purpose cleaner/degreaser also.

You can also soak rusted metal in a strong solution of it and it’ll eat all the rust off.

It cuts carbon deposits really well also

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
You need more brass so it can air dry. After SS tumbling, I toss it on a bath towel. It's dry overnight.
Don't know if it's the oven or too much of the lemon juice causing that. I use Lemi-shine and they come out looking like wedding rings - perfect.

In addition, I usually dump the water (dawn) half way through as dirty water doesn't clean well.

You need more brass so it can air dry. After SS tumbling, I toss it on a bath towel. It's dry overnight.
Don't know if it's the oven or too much of the lemon juice causing that. I use Lemi-shine and they come out looking like wedding rings - perfect.

In addition, I usually dump the water (dawn) half way through as dirty water doesn't clean well.

I use the towel method, as well. I let it dry for an hour or so and them dump in the corncob with a little Nufinish. I do this with just a few specific calibers. No way I would go to the trouble with thousands of .45 and 9MM every month.

I tumble my brass in nut media. Stuff I recently shot gets about an hour or two. Range pick ups more time.

I don’t care if it’s not shiny it still works.

how did you modify for try number #2 :)
I got a Frankfort arsenal dryer... so hopefully not to end with the "to pretty" version.
G

I went back to tumbling with rice.

I only wet clean if it's dirty range pickup brass.

The fix was easy. Less lemishine and putting the oven on 170° with a timer

That poor, poor brass......

I just squirt some Brasso in my tumbler. Brass comes out looking new in a few hours.

Doc

I got a few more firings out of it before it started dying off.
I'll make some dummy cartridges out of it for dry firing practice.

Like I said, it was my first attempt and likely caused by too hot, too long in the oven.

The stuff I've wet cleaned since then looks like gold.
And yeah, multiple rinsing is necessary.

Op table spoon of citric acid or so in a wet tumbler will work fine

I went back to tumbling with rice.

I only wet clean if it's dirty range pickup brass.

The fix was easy. Less lemishine and putting the oven on 170° with a timer
I did rice for a long time, but getting it all out was a PITA. Started doing cruched walnut reptile bedding. Much finer than the reg “reloading” stuff

Hi all,

So I'm all the way down in South Africa and we can't get Lemi shine here... to be used when wet tumbling brass.

I've been told to just use citric acid.

So.. same measure, 1 table spoon ?

or do you add something more to it.

G
Do a Google search for Citric Acid near you. The amount varies by how hard or soft your water is. A 45 auto case full works here for me. The last place I lived it was a 9mm case. Trial and error.