• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What tumbler to buy?

Re: What tumbler to buy?

Ditto as to what Cinch posted. I have the FA one and its been going hard for over 5 yrs, I also have the Midway branded version and its been going for well over 15 yrs as its the first one I ever bought! I run the snot out of both of them, sometimes for hours at a time and they just keep going......however, I did have one FA that the motor died on the first week I had it, but the current FA was its replacement, free of charge from FA and its been running since. For the money, hard to beat. If your budget was a bit more, you could go with the Dillon as well.

John

"What tumbler do y'all reccomend I'm on a budjet so less than 80 bucks"

Regardless of brand or price, there is little diffence between them other than the shape and color of the plastics.

Few of the "makers" actually make them; they buy the bowl, lid and base from plastics firms, buy small cheap motors from electrical firms, add four-six springs and a power cord, then assemble them in house - and not always that.

My Lyman 1200 was one of the first vib tumblers on the market, in the 70s, IIRC, but if I had to replace it I'd just get the least expensive model I could find, sure wouldn't pay for a Dillon or RCBS! (I've replaced the Lyman's motor twice and reconnected broken AC powder connections and plug 4-5 times. Seems many people toss units that could be repaired easily.)

The level of noise depends on how agressive the tumbling is AND how much media it contains AND how many cases are in them AND how tight the nuts holding the bowl and lid are. The agressiveness depends a lot on the amount of off-set the spinning weight has, if you want less you can easly remove some of the weight.

You can eliminate a lot of noise from the more aggressive units by placing them on a soft pad. I like 2-4 thicknesses of the cheap "non-skid" rubbery netting stuff used for kitchen shelves. It stops them from "walking" too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cinch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have used one similar to this for over 10 years and it's still running strong. This one is a little different than the older one I have, but still the same basic kit.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=414369 </div></div>

I have that kit and have had no problems with it so far.

If you have a Harbor Freight & Tool nearby, they carry vibratory tumblers in two sizes, and walnut media. I've had mine for two years now with no problems, granted I don't run it for 10 hours at the time either. The small tumbler will clean 100+ .223 cases in 2-3 hours. Paid like $30 for it on sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been pleased with Berry's...

http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/13683/Case-Tumblers </div></div>
That's the same of Cabela's. Berry manufacture them for Cabela's, as my warranty links back to Berry.

I've run the Lyman 1200 for something like 5+ years. I run the daylights out of it because its smaller than I need. No issues to date.