• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What type of prescription glasses do you wear?

Deafalyre

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2011
I was unable to find this topic.
My problem is I have some cheapo walmart glasses now that are not working to well when it comes to shooting. fogging, slip forward while prone, lens not really big enough... the list goes on.
I wonder if there are any other four eyed shooters out there that can recommend a brand of prescription glasses that serve a shooter well.

Re: What type of prescription glasses do you wear?

Crizal progressive shatterproof lenses, but for the range I have a set of Wiley-X prescription bifocals.

I've been wearing Oakleys for years. I had a cheap pair of glasses from Sears and I left them in the car for no more than 45 minutes and the lenses cracked from the heat, i leave my oakleys in the car all summer and no problems for the last 5 years.

I wear hi index bifocals for daily wear, and seldom shoot with them.

I have distance polycarb polarized sunglasses, and distance polycarb clear glasses for shooting. Both in sport frames with good coverage.

I do have to lift the glasses to adjust my scope come ups, LOL.

Decot also.
Have been using them for almost 30 years.
Check out the newer Revel frames.

Costa del Mar sunglasses with prescription lens. The polarizing sometimes gives me fits with eye relief, I may slide them up then. Definately changes focus on the scope though. Haven't reaaly found a great solution, but hafta wear the shades due to a couple eye issues a few years ago. No want repeat of that...

Well, prescription eyeglasses should be like that you can work on your computer for hours and your eye should be protected from the rays. I refer many friends that prescription eyeglasses is a necessary thing if you are working in office.. find some stuff on internet about the prescription eyeglasses

prescription eyeglasses

I've also worn Oakleys for years. In addition to shooting, I play hockey, run, and bike frequently, and have never had any problems. Two years ago, to save a few bucks, I opted to get lenses through VSP instead of Oakley, and they completely sucked. Shortly thereafter I ended up getting the lenses redone by oakley, even though I have to pay for them out of pocket, and had no regrets. Sight is key, and anything that helps improve it is well worth the cost IMHO.

If you qualify, Oakley has a government sales deal through their usstandardissue.com site that will yield substantial savings. I have used both prescription M-frames and a couple of different daily-wear frames and been pretty satisfied. I was disappointed that my last prescription frame says "China" on the inside of the earpiece though. :-(

If you are a Veteran, check with the VA med center you use to see if you can get them to provide you with a pair. They will be free, and the same prescription glasses from the same source that are issued to USGI personnel.

If you qualify, you are entitled to a new prescription exam and a new pair every two years. Since I cannot tolerate bifocals, I get a pair of distance glasses one year, and a pair of readers the other year. They are very well made, and they also accomodate issues like astigmatisms, and varying prescriptions between your two eyes. They will also repair/replace any broken glasses that they made for you on request. They don't make sunglasses, so I look around for clip-ons. I found mine in the jewelry department at Wal-Mart.

Greg

Check out the ESS Crossbows which have prescription insert. Search this forum. I recall there's some one here that has discount code.