• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What was done to this AI AW makes me sad

That is an impressive bit of horrific work done to it.
I should stop by and take a look at it in person

Reactions: Dselman
I can't believe that they are asking $4K for it. If it hadn't been butchered then sure but now.....

I wish it was hard chromed as that'd at least be cool LOL.

At something closer to $3k, it'd make for a potential refinishing project. At the asking price, no way.

Problem solved, problem staying solved

1598105136333.png

That dude with 5-10 AIs needs this.

Not gonna lie I would buy this to hang in the gun room as a pimp rifle

Would also be good for bringing to deer camp if you’re into that stuff.

0030E2C2-1D7F-454F-9DC4-937841C5036B.jpeg

You gotta admit, when they screwed it up, they REALLY screwed it up. I bet it took a lot of money to screw it up like that....

I’m going to play dummy here and say that I don’t see anything wrong. Looks like someone put a big chrome roll bar on their truck. Otherwise I’m AI-tarded.

did they just polish all the finish off of it, or did they actually coat it?

Reactions: Bradu
I think it looks alright but it would depend on what they did to get that finish.

I would love an old dovetail AW, but damn...

It's also the 1.0 configuration so not so great.

I've get a dovetail in the 2.0 configuration, if it was a 2.0 config, it might be worth close to what they want even being bastardized.
As it is, I'm thinking $2k ish is about where it should be.

gotta say, I don’t really see anything wrong with it. It’s black and stainless.... With all your responses, I was expecting it to be 100% gold plated. Sure, it doesn’t look like a military rifle anymore, but its definitely not gaudy. Most of my rifles are stainless with a black stock.

Way to take a rifle that already exists explicitly for the purpose of making people know they’re poor, and turn it into a rifle that makes all the other owners of those rifles realize they’re poor too.

• Haha
Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
I was waiting with baited breath when I clicked the link... and was disappointed.

But then I've been coating stuff metallic blue and pink lately so this seems pretty tame haha.

Depending on the finish it could be for marine use.
I have seen a few older guns and actual factory built kits set up for use at sea. Model 70 Winchesters, Colt Woodsmans, 1911 Colts. Thompsons etc.
Some were quite elaborate with spares kits etc.

I too don’t really see anything wrong with it, not my style but then again neither are some of the retarded looking chassis guns that are in vogue these days.

Honestly, I’d sand blast all the metal parts to a dark matte grey. It’d look killer!

I was expecting worse too. Like a Hello Kitty or Punisher theme with gaudy color schemes.
No different than other stainless guns with synthetic stocks.