• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What was your first firearm?

Re: What was your first firearm?

Rem. 700 ADL in 22-250. Worked all summer for 1.25 per. Dad had to buy it 'cause I was not old enough.Sold it to buy a ring. Still got the woman. 38 years. Good deal

Ithaca 16 ga double barrel. Got it from my grandmother in 1965, still have it.

Remington 870 20 ga when I was just a little guy. I still have that gun, and I always will.

Re: What was your first firearm?..I ever bought...

11 or 12 at the time: My first firearm was a Savage sxs .410, and the first Pheasant I EVER dropped was with that .410, got up under my feet and it scared me so bad I shot the bird from the hip.

At 16 my first shotgun was/is a model 12/20 with a Full choke.

The very first gun I ever bought w/my own $$$ was a Marlin, Golden 39 A, four digit serial number, in 1966, at a PX for $60. The army made sure it was at the airport waiting for me when I got home in 1969!

When I was married I lived by a creek, and every Sunday during Hunting season we had Rabbit in Mushroom soup gravey.

Three yrs later 1972, at a gun show a guy offered me $150 so I sold it....and regretted, deeply regretted it EVER since.

In the Fall of 2009, while I was at the Hasting's Nebraska gun show, a guy walked upto me, tapped me on the shoulder and said "Hi Mike, you probably don't remember but you sold me your Marlin 39A some time ago...would you like to buy it back".

Yea, I remembered...I nearly cried...

This rifle is now in my safe and IT'LL put Rabbit on the table...again.

Talk about LUCK...

Re: What was your first firearm?..I ever bought...

Like High Binder grew up with family access. Learned with a Winchester 72 tube fed bolt 22 that my dad used as a teen and was left to him by grandpa. It skipped me and was just gifted to my son for his 14th, thanks dad. Grandpa left me his model 94 30/30 with saddle ring 1926 vintage so no complaints. I'm unsure if first cash out of pocket went to the 700 Rem BDL varmit in 243 or SKS??? Probably was the SKS, fun over accuracy at that time in my development...

A new Ruger 10/22 - they still stocked them in real walnut back then. I paid $89 for it.

In 1953 I inherited a Win Model 97 (12ga), a Springfield single shot .410 and a Stevens .22 cal bolt action repeater from my dad when I was 9. I still have the Stevens and Springfield. The Springfield is my main grouse getter, to this day.

A new Browning Challenger .22 pistol for my 12th birthday. Learned a valuable lesson about left thumb placement on the very first shot.

First rifle was a Mossberg 340M 22lr bolt action w/mannlicher stock. I still have it.

Dad gave me a H&R M488 Topper 410 single shot. That was 1953 when I was 11 years old. I still have the gun. I did well enough with hat one to justify the Mod 12 Winchester air weight in 16 ga. Still have that one , too.
Some things are keepers.

Marlin mod 25n 22lr. $99 from service merchandise 24 years ago.

First gun: Red Ryder

First real firearm: 870 Express

First self purchased: Rem 700 7MM Rem Mag

First handgun: Ruger P90 DC

Winchester Defender 12 gauge pump action shotgun. Got it fifteen years ago when I was sixteen. I still have it hanging on my bedroom wall at my parent's house in Texas. Thumbs up to my parents for not turning the room into an entertainment room or yoga room. Good to know I'll always have a place to crash if everything goes to shit.

ruger m77 mk 2 stainless steel .270 caliber rifle. still have it, got my first deer with it but it wasnt a great platform to work with, so a year ago i bought my first gun, a savage 16 300wsm, i absolutely love the new gun, but i feel guilty letting the .270 gather dust in my safe...

I got my 1st gun at about 5 in 1978. My Grandmother gave me a Remington 1100 .410
grin.gif
I thought I was the shit! My Dad gave me my 1st handgun, a Ruger Bearcat, at about 9 or 10. I'll never part with either one.

410 Remington 870 at 8 years old
Remington 7400, 30'06 at 9
Taurus 357 at 9.

Dad liked the Taurus and traded me for his Colt Trooper 2 years later. I put plenty miles on my bicycle with those 2 strapped to my hip. I never did tell anyone that I had to wear a girls holster rig because it was the only thing that would fit me.

remington mohawk 10c, clip fed version of the nylon 66.
it was a gift from my dad on my 12th christmas. still have it and always will.

At 8 a J.C. Higgins .22 single shot

At 10 a 6.5 x 55 Swede ( still have )

At 12 a Coast to Coast Master Mag 12 ga ( Mossberg 500, still have ).

My first gun was a mossberg 835 12 Ga shotgun, but the first gun I purchased was a ruger mini 14 that I still own and love to this day.

Remington 870 Wingmaster about 12 years old later traded it and my second rifle (10/22) for a Winchester 101.

1st one in my name.... Remington 870 12 gauge 2 3/4 retired to the safe. Bought it when I was 18..... 30 years ago....

Ithica 37 with a cuts compensator! I was to young to buy it, dad bought it for me. My first gun I bought myself when I was 18, rem 870! And had to buy two barrels, one improved, one full, before choke days.

Just like Jaeger98, a Remington 870 12 gauge purchased at 18 years old.

I grew up in an "anti" house. Did all the paperwork in secret. Bought it at Best (anyone remember that place?).

My parents were horrified.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Sears .22 single shot bolt action. My Dad and my Grandfather each bought one new in 1969, consecutive serial numbers. My Granbdfather gave me his when I was 10. I got the other one when my Dad passed away early this year and I now have both in the safe. The first gun I ever bought myself was a Remmy 870 and it too is in the safe. </div></div>

When I was a teenager my granddad gave me his Savage/Stevens 3C .22 RF single shot bolt action rifle he bought from Sears after WWII; I have since given it to my son. We had to repair the firing pin about a year ago - if you ever need information or repair parts Numrich Gun Parts was a helpful website.

1st firearm I bought when I moved to the states 11 yrs ago was a mossberg 88 shotgun. It has been modded since then and has a lot of friends hanging with it in the safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottishtornado</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1st firearm I bought when I moved to the states 11 yrs ago was a mossberg 88 shotgun. It has been modded since then and has a lot of friends hanging with it in the safe. </div></div>

I have one of those sitting in the safe as well, as far as first firearms, this was my first shotgun, also have a remmy 870, but for some reason i find myself liking the maverick 88 a bit more...

Beretta 92fs. Couldn't help myself, I was obsessed with Lethal Weapon at a young age. Got shortly after I turned 21. To this day, the 2nd most unreliable gun I have ever owned. "Owned" is a key word.

H&R Topper Jr. 20ga. Wish I still had it. Took it to a gunsmith about 20 years ago and never saw it again (my fault).

Mossberg 835 that I bought used from my neighbor.

I got a Daisy lever action bb gun for Christmas when I was 10. I followed that up on my next birthday with a Crosman pump with a scope for starling hunting.

My first real gun I purchased the week after I turned 18; it was a Remington 870 12 gauge. I traded it in on a Benelli Nova the next fall for the 3 1/2" chamber and I still wish I hadn't. You live and learn. I still have and enjoy the Nova though.

Win9712ga.jpg

This shotgun came with the barrel sawed off to 18.5" from the ship's hold on the C.S. Holmes, my uncle's ship that was a 4 masted schooner than worked the fur trade between Alaska and Seattle. It sunk in WWII.

I was always told that the shotgun was bought for the 1934 Seattle dock strike.

It was given for Christmas to my Father in 1957.
He had Warshalls rebarrel it.
He handed it to me for hunting when I was 12.
My father shortened the stock for me.
I blew up the barrel, and the barrel was short again.
My father put a poly choke on it for me, and it was a never miss gun.

To make this post I see that this shotgun was manufactured in 1939.

They lied to me.

My first was a Remington 870, the most basic model. I passed it along to my brother and added a new 870 to my collection. I love shotguns and am always looking for interesting items.

I recieved a Ruger 10/22 and a Mossberg .410 pump for Christmas when I was 6. Still have them both. The .410 hasn't seen any action in probably 2 decades, but that damn 10/22 gets shot all the time. It looks like "damnit" but runs like a scalded dog with what ever you feed it.

New here.... Love the site... My first gun was an old Remington 740 Woodsmaster in 30-06. My Great-Grandpa and my dad used to drill squirrels with it back when 30-06 was 10 cents a shot. It doesn't shoot anymore, but I'll always have it and so will my son.

H and R Topper .410. Black with silver receiver, single shot, 1957. 29.95. Could not hit shit with it, I was 10. Traded for
a 20 gauge topper, could not hit shit with that either, I was 11, traded the 410 and 5.00 for the twenty. Now when I was twelve got JC Higgins pump 12 guage with a Lyman choke(remember them), gun muswt have weighed 9 lbs, boy could I hit shit with that. My dad bot it used for $35.00 with a cigar box full of shells. My......how times have changed. Xmas present 1959.