• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would be a good rear rest for Magpul PRS?

CanPopper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Houston, TX
I recently got a custom AR 15 that comes with a Magpul PRS stock. So I've been doing load development.

However, I'm running into the issue where I'm shooting vertical stringing 5 shot groups that are between 0.67" to 1" long but only 0.4" wide on the horizontal plane. I'm currently using Protektor 13 and 14 rear bags.

Is there a better rear support that prevents me from stressing my NPA (natural point of aim) with the PRS? I'd like to eliminate the vertical stringing problem and it seems like the discomfort of using the two is contributing to my problem.

Re: What would be a good rear rest for Magpul PRS?

Acu-shot mono-pod or the small to medium bags they sell @ Triad Tactical work well for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Acu-shot mono-pod or the small to medium bags they sell @ Triad Tactical work well for me.</div></div>
+1 on Triad - I have the Tab Bag. Works well.

http://www.triadtactical.com/TAB-Rear-Bag.html

I just ordered some of the TAB bags and use 1 of the small Triad pillows and one of the TAB bags underneath it for my rear rest.
Just Squeeze for hieght adjustment! Simple

For the front rest if im not using a Atlas or Harris I stack 3 of the Triad Large pillows <span style="font-style: italic">(with 2 on the bottom and 1 on the top (the one on top is longways and the 2 on the bottom are going the opposite way). </span>Works well <span style="font-style: italic">(on a bench)</span>

To the OP;

When I shoot my PRS-stocked AR-15 in F-class, I use the Protektor 41 filled with heavy sand. The stock fits very well in there and it actually goes back and forth in the bag by virtue of sliding the cover for the small picatinny rail. It's very neat.

Since you do not shoot in F-class, you do not have to worry about the rule that says no monopod for the stock allowed, so that may also be an option for you.

So, where do you shoot?