• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would you do?

hdbiker1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
SW Wa
I'm trying to decide whether to sell my AAC-SD barreled action or part it out (sell the barrel) and use the receiver as a donor. I already have a .308 with a Bartlein, one with a Shilen and one with a factory 5R. Also have an LTR and a Tactical, both in .223. So, should I just sell the AAC-SD and stop where I'm at or build something in say, 6.5? So what would you do?
I'm weak and need your help.
crazy.gif

Re: What would you do?

Sell it to me at a great price ! Well that's wha I would do if I were you .

I sold my AAC last week because I was in a similar position like you. If you don't mind adding another caliber go with the 6.5. If you are consolidating calibers, I would sell it to fund other stuff

Don't do anything in your current indecisive state. Better to let it sit for a while than to do something you'll regret later. CKruse

The ultimate choice would be picking the "custom" action of your choice and building from there. 6.5 is a good choice.

If I were to start over I'd buy a used SAKO TRG22, have a Bartlein 25" barrel put on in 6x47L and do a hydro dip.

I'd like to thank everyone for the help. I've decided to just hang on to it for now. But, down the road I will be doing a 6.5 build. At least I'll have something to start with for parts (receivers) from either the AAC-SD or the 5R. Thanks again.