• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would you do?

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
I am running new loads for my dpms 260 and have found reloader 19 to be very good but i can get .5 moa with 120gr amax 44.5 gr RL19 @2730 or i can get .75 moa 120gr amax 46gr RL-19 @2850. I have shot them both out to 600yds and they stay about the same if i do my part 3-3.5" and 4.5" respectively. Would you go for a little better accuracy but run it slow or take a little velocity over accuracy?

Re: What would you do?

If you are going to limit your distance to 600, then pick the accurate load. If you are going to shoot to 1k then the added velocity would be a plus but you still want a accuracy. You may need to do additional load development if that is the case.

Switch to 123 A-max, then start your load development all over. Look at the difference in BC between the 120 and 123. Same velocity plus higher BC is a win win.

I don't think i would give up a half minute shooter for a little more speed. just my .2 cents

The downside of the slow accurate bullet is longer case & barrel life as well as a damaged ego. Use extreme care with such a load.

Choose the faster load. As you proceed with learning the gun you can likely close that .25moa.

I do have a 140 gr amax load actually but the 120 shot alot better at distance than the 140 did even though they will run about the same at 100 yds. Plus it seems like 2650 is about as fast as I can get the 140 to go with all loads I have tried and still be 1 moa or slightly less. I am thinking of trying the 123 amax and seeing what happens.