• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk What would you update?

eod_tek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2019
Last year I took a Tikka ctr I had and decided to try my hand at PRS/NRL matches. I shot two matches last year and really enjoyed myself and want to shoot a few more this year. I don't hate the rifle, it shoots decently well, but I also feel like theres room to improve. I don't feel like any one component performed exceptionally well but none of them caused me to miss points. So I can't decide what to update first.
I have set aside around $5k to put into my setup. What would you update for a recreational competitior?

Rifle as it sits:
Tikka t3x CTR action & barrel 6.5 creedmoor
Highland canyon brake
Trigger spring replacement
KRG bravo chassis
Vortex PST Gen 2 FFP
Vortex precision matched rings
Atlas Bipod

I only have one bag and it is a Wiebad fortune cookie, which worked fairly well last year, but I think there's better options.
I also have a kestrel 5700 elite for ballistic solver

A final factor to keep in mind, I don't reload/hand load and shoot factory match ammo. I have enough ammo to practice and shoot one match and will have to spend some of that $5k on ammo.

Last edited:
Aside from maybe going to a fast 6mm your setup looks capable enough to do very well and you have the few pieces of equipment I'd say we're necessary.

Id take the 5k and stock up on ammo and go take 2-3 shooting classes with different reputable teachers that focus on different aspects. This will bring you more performance than anything you could buy for your setup. New gear would be marginal at best over your current.

u looking for whole new rifle or to stay with the tikka? if staying with the tikka id say a chassis/stock upgrade and maybe better glass.
I'm not against the idea of a new build, but I feel like changing the action out would eat up a ton of my budget. Any recommendations on glass? Preferably something with a forgiving eyebox. My biggest happenstance with the pst is getting scope shadow a lot easier than with some of my other scopes when shooting from odd positions.

Aside from maybe going to a fast 6mm your setup looks capable enough to do very well and you have the few pieces of equipment I'd say we're necessary.

Id take the 5k and stock up on ammo and go take 2-3 shooting classes with different reputable teachers that focus on different aspects. This will bring you more performance than anything you could buy for your setup. New gear would be marginal at best over your current.
I've definitely thought about this as well. I've been looking for places to buy ammo without 2 box limits. I've seen most shooting schools require 400ish rounds for the course and I haven't found enough match 6.5 cm at a time to even build up that stockpile. I've definitely considered rebarreling to 6mm creedmoor because the shelves are full of it

I've definitely thought about this as well. I've been looking for places to buy ammo without 2 box limits. I've seen most shooting schools require 400ish rounds for the course and I haven't found enough match 6.5 cm at a time to even build up that stockpile. I've definitely considered rebarreling to 6mm creedmoor because the shelves are full of it
It’s also a barrel burner.

It’s also a barrel burner.
Would 6 ARC be a better choice? Obviously I need a round with factory offerings and hopefully one that's readily available. 6.5 cm is hard to find and I don't see that changing soon

You've got a good decent setup that you can run, it's probably not the rig that you'll want a couple years from now if you keep doing this but you're not at a point where you want to build a brand new gun. I'd say put your money into a few things that will be good upgrades now, but can carry over to a future rifle.

Upgrade scope, something in the $2-3k range. Bigger FOV, clearer glass, will hold its value and be usable on any new rifle down the road.

Better muzzle brake to mitigate recoil further, I'd say APA Gen III Fat Bastard.

A weight kit for the KRG would be a relatively inexpensive way to improve stability/mitigate recoil for the PRS game.

For your next barrel, step up the contour to something a heavier. I'd stick with either 6.5 creed or 6 creed depending on ammo availability and your preference on the barrel life vs recoil tradeoff.

Weibad Fortune Cookie is good, I like the AG schmedium as do a lot of other shooters in my area, but I don't think that's a drastic difference.

The rest of the money on ammo/practice/training/more matches.

You've got a good decent setup that you can run, it's probably not the rig that you'll want a couple years from now if you keep doing this but you're not at a point where you want to build a brand new gun. I'd say put your money into a few things that will be good upgrades now, but can carry over to a future rifle.

Upgrade scope, something in the $2-3k range. Bigger FOV, clearer glass, will hold its value and be usable on any new rifle down the road.

Better muzzle brake to mitigate recoil further, I'd say APA Gen III Fat Bastard.

A weight kit for the KRG would be a relatively inexpensive way to improve stability/mitigate recoil for the PRS game.

For your next barrel, step up the contour to something a heavier. I'd stick with either 6.5 creed or 6 creed depending on ammo availability and your preference on the barrel life vs recoil tradeoff.

Weibad Fortune Cookie is good, I like the AG schmedium as do a lot of other shooters in my area, but I don't think that's a drastic difference.

The rest of the money on ammo/practice/training/more matches.
Thank you for the reply!

Do you have any recommendations on a scope? I'm military and can get some discount on optics and I've been looking at the gen 2 and 3 razors, the new Burris xtr pro, mk5hds, and some nightforce offerings.

I have an apa on another rifle and do love it, I'd never even considered updating the brake but it makes sense!

The weight kit a weighted arca rail and a baracade stop from krg have been on my kind as well, I just wasn't sure if they'd be worth the cost.

I think when it's new barrel time I'll probably step down to 6 creedmoor. I'd rather burn a barrel a year because I can shoot them have a longer barrel life and fight to find ammo.

I'm military and can get some discount on optics and I've been looking at the gen 2 and 3 razors, the new Burris xtr pro, mk5hds, and some nightforce offerings.

I think most any of those would be good choices. Haven't had a chance to look through the Gen III Razor but initial reports are nice. Nightforce ATACR, Mk 5HD both have good followings, don't have much experience with Burris. In that range I'd probably look at NF/Vortex Gen III or Mk 5HD if you want to keep cost down a bit.

I'm not a huge fan of barricade stops, I'd rather just have the rifle track smooth on a bag.

Reactions: Killer Deal
I think most any of those would be good choices. Haven't had a chance to look through the Gen III Razor but initial reports are nice. Nightforce ATACR, Mk 5HD both have good followings, don't have much experience with Burris. In that range I'd probably look at NF/Vortex Gen III or Mk 5HD if you want to keep cost down a bit.

I'm not a huge fan of barricade stops, I'd rather just have the rifle track smooth on a bag.
I am volunteering as an RO for the gem state standoff and maybe I can convince some shooters to let me look down their setups. Inspecting them at the store really just doesn't paint enough of a picture.
I looked at an ATACR and a MK5 at sportsman's and preferred the MK5. I have that on a hunting rifle, and I like it for hunting but the eyebox is pretty narrow in my mind. Maybe it's not a huge deal, it's never stopped me from making a shot, but if there was a more forgiving eyebox I think I'd prefer that.

Keep the Tikka action and trigger. Get a new 6mm barrel spun up in 6GT, 6dasher, 6creed or a 25 cal barrel in 25creed 25x47L. Upgrade your glass, look at the Leupold mark5 or NF ATACR. Vision has aluminum forends for the KRG bravo that are a game changer for that chassis.

Reactions: eod_tek
If you've got $5K and already have a decent rifle, then you're already in a good spot to put most of that towards ammo and actual trigger-time... that is, if you can resist the pull towards fancy gear (that won't help you nearly as much).

I'd upgrade your glass to something a little nicer (the new Bushy is ~$1700, used Razor HDG2's can be had for around that too) and maybe put a little extra time and money into getting your rings/mount height and LOP/cheek-weld fully dialed to fit you (I noticed you mentioned you wanted a better eyebox, and while some of that is glass, a lot of it is gun fitment IMO).

You didn't mention weights; but, if you haven't already, I'd buy every weight KRG makes for the Bravo. I had one and after adding the Heavy ARCA Spacer, Heavy ARCA, Forend T-slot weight, 3 LOP weights and a pair of Gray Ops mlok weights up front mine was ~23lbs with a Razor HDG2 on top and an MTU contour.

I'd say switch to 6CM and get a heavy contour barrel like an MTU or Heavy Varmint, for spotting impacts/splash: 6 > 6.5. I can recommend this guy: https://www.crownridgebarrelworks.com/shop/barrels/tikka/tikka-t3-custom-chamber-to-order/

When it comes to ammo, 6CM will be easier to find... but it's still more expensive than you can load it for (even at today's prices), so that's something you may want to think about.

You don't need a Zero press and an AT4 to load good ammo, you actually could set yourself up to load stuff better than factory (and more consistent) for ~$600 including dies if you're smart about it. Also, 6CM isn't the barrel burner people make it out to be unless you're running it as fast as you can, and loading it right up on the lands like guys did 10 years ago when it first came on the scene.

If you've got $5K and already have a decent rifle, then you're already in a good spot to put most of that towards ammo and actual trigger-time... that is, if you can resist the pull towards fancy gear (that won't help you nearly as much).

I'd upgrade your glass to something a little nicer (the new Bushy is ~$1700, used Razor HDG2's can be had for around that too) and maybe put a little extra time and money into getting your rings/mount height and LOP/cheek-weld fully dialed to fit you (I noticed you mentioned you wanted a better eyebox, and while some of that is glass, a lot of it is gun fitment IMO).

You didn't mention weights; but, if you haven't already, I'd buy every weight KRG makes for the Bravo. I had one and after adding the Heavy ARCA Spacer, Heavy ARCA, Forend T-slot weight, 3 LOP weights and a pair of Gray Ops mlok weights up front mine was ~23lbs with a Razor HDG2 on top and an MTU contour.

I'd say switch to 6CM and get a heavy contour barrel like an MTU or Heavy Varmint, for spotting impacts/splash: 6 > 6.5. I can recommend this guy: https://www.crownridgebarrelworks.com/shop/barrels/tikka/tikka-t3-custom-chamber-to-order/

When it comes to ammo, 6CM will be easier to find... but it's still more expensive than you can load it for (even at today's prices), so that's something you may want to think about.

You don't need a Zero press and an AT4 to load good ammo, you actually could set yourself up to load stuff better than factory (and more consistent) for ~$600 including dies if you're smart about it. Also, 6CM isn't the barrel burner people make it out to be unless you're running it as fast as you can, and loading it right up on the lands like guys did 10 years ago when it first came on the scene.
I'll definitely look into weights for it, it only weighs around 13lbs as it sits and that does seem light for it's intended purpose.

I'm definitely interested in learning more about setting up the rifle properly. Being entirely honest, I'm in the military and very used to conforming myself to my weapon vs really adjusting it to me. Even though I'm sent out to whoever needs my support as an EOD tech, the Air Force still won't let me put anything not approved by big AF on my rifle, and that list is very short. I've done quite a few shooting schools and the instructors generally shake their heads and say "I can't believe they're sending you to war with this" lol.
When I got the chassis I put every lop spacer on it, because it felt most comfortable, then adjusted the scope eye relief at 25x, then diopter and went to the range and really haven't adjusted much since. Do you have any resources you'd recommend a guy read to learn adjustments of chassis? The internet is full of such conflicting information, a recommendation is always appreciated!

I've definitely been considering loading my own ammo, but the mix of cost to get started, unavailability of components, learning a new hobby, all while hunting multiple western states (which is my biggest passion), getting into shooting matches, all while working full time and raising 3 kids all just seemed overwhelming. I think if I can find a local mentor who can flatten that learning curve a little it would help push me that way.

Thanks a ton for the response!

I'll definitely look into weights for it, it only weighs around 13lbs as it sits and that does seem light for it's intended purpose.

I'm definitely interested in learning more about setting up the rifle properly. Being entirely honest, I'm in the military and very used to conforming myself to my weapon vs really adjusting it to me. Even though I'm sent out to whoever needs my support as an EOD tech, the Air Force still won't let me put anything not approved by big AF on my rifle, and that list is very short. I've done quite a few shooting schools and the instructors generally shake their heads and say "I can't believe they're sending you to war with this" lol.
When I got the chassis I put every lop spacer on it, because it felt most comfortable, then adjusted the scope eye relief at 25x, then diopter and went to the range and really haven't adjusted much since. Do you have any resources you'd recommend a guy read to learn adjustments of chassis? The internet is full of such conflicting information, a recommendation is always appreciated!

I've definitely been considering loading my own ammo, but the mix of cost to get started, unavailability of components, learning a new hobby, all while hunting multiple western states (which is my biggest passion), getting into shooting matches, all while working full time and raising 3 kids all just seemed overwhelming. I think if I can find a local mentor who can flatten that learning curve a little it would help push me that way.

You should reach out to @velayo_0317 He runs KRGs almost exclusively and is a helluva shooter. I’m sure he has some advice. He can also be found on the gram with same user and at modern day sniper

I am volunteering as an RO for the gem state standoff and maybe I can convince some shooters to let me look down their setups. Inspecting them at the store really just doesn't paint enough of a picture.

Nice, I shot that match last year and it was a great time. I'm sure you'll be able to look through all the glass you want there.

You should reach out to @velayo_0317 He runs KRGs almost exclusively and is a helluva shooter. I’m sure he has some advice. He can also be found on the gram with same user and at modern day sniper
I've thought about it before, but I don't know where the lines really get drawn between asking for help/info from someone who runs a business training in that exact thing. I won't lie in saying I hope that while I am doing the RO thing at the gem state standoff that I'll be able to chat with him a bit if he's there. I would like to attend one of his classes, I just haven't been able to make a date line up yet.

Reactions: velayo_0317

13lbs is hunting rig territory more so than PRS territory, most guys are running a gun that weighs ~22lbs or more and most try to set up their rig so its balance point is like ~3-4" in front of the magwell.

The weight-thing isn't so much about lessening recoil per se, it's just all about making it easier to self spot one's shots, and having enough weight in the gun to where you can even spot reliably when you're not really "in the gun", like when you have to let it "free recoil" with very little to almost no body input off sketchy barricades and such.

It can sometimes hurt to drop cash on the stupid weights because it seems like they shouldn't cost what they do for just being hunks of steel... but I think you'll find it's one of those things where it becomes worth every penny once you find out what it can do for you performance-wise.

As far as gun fitment, there's lots of info all over the Hide and on YouTube, you just have to take a dive and read/watch a bunch of stuff... the main thing is that generally these days most guys have gone to a shorter length of pull than in the past, and are using higher rings/mounts when in the past it was all about getting the scope's objective bell to nearly kissing the barrel. The general idea is to get yourself more "squared up" behind the gun to make odd positions and shooting off of obstacles easier and to keep one's head up a little more, just a less leaned over and stretched out position. In the past rings/mounts with a 1.1"-1.26" height were considered "high" whereas these days I think most would call that height range "normal".

Loading your own ammo is just a way to simultaneously stretch your budget to shoot more rounds while also getting to shoot better stuff. It's certainly its own animal, but IMHO it's well worth the effort. You don't really need a mentor any more, because again, between the Hide and Youtube, all the info you'd ever need is out there. If the only thing you get good at is just landing on a system that you can follow the same way every time you load a batch and are putting the same amount of powder in every case, then your ammo will be better than what you're used to with factory stuff just by doing that, and it'll cost half (or let you shoot twice as much, which is what most of us end up getting out of it).

The math is easy even using today's inflated prices, hypothetically, for 1000 rounds you'd need:

(1) 8lb jug of powder ~$250
(let's say StaBall 6.5 because it's the easiest to find these days and is easy to use because you won't need a fancy scale to get accurate drops - 8lbs would be enough for ~1300rds at ~42grains per round)

(1) case of primers (1000) ~$75

(2) 500ct boxes of bullets ~$400 at ~ $0.40 per bullet (some are cheaper, some are more)

(?/~$100) Brass can be free if you've saved your 6.5CM brass, or ~$1 per case for Lapua if you're buying it. You should easily be able to get 10 firings from 100cases of Lapua, so let's say ~$100 on brass.

Add in $175 for Hazmat & shipping fees (because shit sucks these days) and that gets you: $1000 for 1000 rounds

You can get a decent single-stage for ~$100, a decent powder measure/dropper/scale for ~$250, priming tool for ~$80, a wet tumbler with pins and media separator for ~$200, dies for ~$100, and calipers and odds and ends for another ~$100. So a decent reloading set-up that'll get the job done will run another ~$600-700.

Buying factory stuff (if you can even find it, and a vendor who'll sell you more than a few boxes at a time) you're looking at ~$2 per round, so ~$2000 for 1000 rounds (if you're lucky).

Of course, your time isn't free... but in the end, IMHO it's worth it if this is going to be something you plan on doing for a while...

Tl;DR version: $5K should buy you new glass, all the weights KRG offers, a new barrel, and all the shit to load for it and shoot it out and then some.

Last edited:
13lbs is hunting rig territory more so than PRS territory, most guys are running a gun that weighs ~22lbs or more and most try to set up their rig so its balance point is like ~3-4" in front of the magwell.

The weight-thing isn't so much about lessening recoil per se, it's just all about making it easier to self spot one's shots, and having enough weight in the gun to where you can even spot reliably when you're not really "in the gun", like when you have to let it "free recoil" with very little to almost no body input off sketchy barricades and such.

It can sometimes hurt to drop cash on the stupid weights because it seems like they shouldn't cost what they do for just being hunks of steel... but I think you'll find it's one of those things where it becomes worth every penny once you find out what it can do for you performance-wise.

As far as gun fitment, there's lots of info all over the Hide and on YouTube, you just have to take a dive and read/watch a bunch of stuff... the main thing is that generally these days most guys have gone to a shorter length of pull than in the past, and are using higher rings/mounts when in the past it was all about getting the scope's objective bell to nearly kissing the barrel. The general idea is to get yourself more "squared up" behind the gun to make odd positions and shooting off of obstacles easier and to keep one's head up a little more, just a less leaned over and stretched out position. In the past rings/mounts with a 1.1"-1.26" height were considered "high" whereas these days I think most would call that height range "normal".

Loading your own ammo is just a way to simultaneously stretch your budget to shoot more rounds while also getting to shoot better stuff. It's certainly its own animal, but IMHO it's well worth the effort. You don't really need a mentor any more, because again, between the Hide and Youtube, all the info you'd ever need is out there. If the only thing you get good at is just landing on a system that you can follow the same way every time you load a batch and are putting the same amount of powder in every case, then your ammo will be better than what you're used to with factory stuff just by doing that, and it'll cost half (or let you shoot twice as much, which is what most of us end up getting out of it).

The math is easy even using today's inflated prices, hypothetically, for 1000 rounds you'd need:

(1) 8lb jug of powder ~$250
(let's say StaBall 6.5 because it's the easiest to find these days and is easy to use because you won't need a fancy scale to get accurate drops - 8lbs would be enough for ~1300rds at ~42grains per round)

(1) case of primers (1000) ~$75

(2) 500ct boxes of bullets ~$400 at ~ $0.40 per bullet (some are cheaper, some are more)

(?/~$100) Brass can be free if you've saved your 6.5CM brass, or ~$1 per case for Lapua if you're buying it. You should easily be able to get 10 firings from 100cases of Lapua, so let's say ~$100 on brass.

Add in $175 for Hazmat & shipping fees (because shit sucks these days) and that gets you: $1000 for 1000 rounds

You can get a decent single-stage for ~$100, a decent powder measure/dropper/scale for ~$250, priming tool for ~$80, a wet tumbler with pins and media separator for ~$200, dies for ~$100, and calipers and odds and ends for another ~$100. So a decent reloading set-up that'll get the job done will run another ~$600-700.

Buying factory stuff (if you can even find it, and a vendor who'll sell you more than a few boxes at a time) you're looking at ~$2 per round, so ~$2000 for 1000 rounds (if you're lucky).

Of course, your time isn't free... but in the end, IMHO it's worth it if this is going to be something you plan on doing for a while...

Tl;DR version: $5K should buy you new glass, all the weights KRG offers, a new barrel, and all the shit to load for it and shoot it out and then some.
Thanks a ton for the inputs! I placed an order for some heavy stuff from krg today, so that will be fun to play with when it get here. I'm about 50 miles from them so it should be here pretty quick.

I'm definitely going to look into hand loading. I've got no less than 300 pieces of once fired 6.5 brass. I'm also sitting on a small fortune of 7mm rem mag and 300 Norma brass as well lol. I've always saved it just in case I wanted to start loading. But for now I've got around 400 rounds of ammo so between dry fire and some one shot per target practice stages I think I've got a little time to acquire components or stockpile some ammo if it shows up.

Looking at glass, and I know this has been covered 1 billon times, but I really prefer MOA, I was raised on it, I think in inches/feet/miles unless I'm describing a ground movement for a mission, at which time I use meters. But I know it's sub optimal to speak a different language than the entire rest of the people at a match. I'm drawn to mils to both be on the same page as a squad and not be looked at like a lepur at matches, but I'm struggling to pull the trigger because deep down what I want changes every 5 minutes. Guess that choice will take a bit more time

Sell every except the bipod and rings. Buy a turn key production rifle 6mm creedmoor or caliber of your choice and slap a $1600 Razor Gen 2 on it from the classifieds.

Reactions: BurtG and eod_tek
I can only speak for myself, but the things that are important to me are;

- Ergonomics, so for me that's a McMillan A5 with at least an M24 profile barrel at 25 or 26". The balance and feel are perfect for me. I'm not really a chassis guy, have had a few, and the only one I still have is the Magpul Pro 700. MPA and XLR are nice, and I always had love/ hate relationship with the older AI chassis.

- Scope reticles, I prefer the MSR and Tremor 2 reticles, so I go with S&B. There are other outstanding scopes out there, so pick one with a reticle you like.

Good luck in your journey.

I can only speak for myself, but the things that are important to me are;

- Ergonomics, so for me that's a McMillan A5 with at least an M24 profile barrel at 25 or 26". The balance and feel are perfect for me. I'm not really a chassis guy, have had a few, and the only one I still have is the Magpul Pro 700. MPA and XLR are nice, and I always had love/ hate relationship with the older AI chassis.

- Scope reticles, I prefer the MSR and Tremor 2 reticles, so I go with S&B. There are other outstanding scopes out there, so pick one with a reticle you like.

Good luck in your journey.
I also generally prefer a stock, but went with the krg bravo because it was similar to a stock, but most importantly, it was available right away.

I think I'm too new at this to really know what reticle I want yet, I like the ebr 7c in my vortex, I'd honestly prefer a just horizontal and vertical marked reticle vs a tree, but understand the potential of holdover stages so I've adapted. I'll definitely have to take a look at other reticles and see if any stick out.

I've thought about it before, but I don't know where the lines really get drawn between asking for help/info from someone who runs a business training in that exact thing.

Then ask. Seriously. How else would you find out.

I would be a paycheck that he won't mind chatting a bit with you about a very specific topic, particularly if you tell him you're new at this.

I ran a Tikka last year in a KRG chassis. Getting a good balance is tough with that combo - I would recommend a full bull barrel in 6gt/BRA/Dasher. Tikka shoulders are smaller than R700 pattern, so your straight taper would be the same weight/balance as an R700 pattern MTU profile. 26" or even 28" barrel would balance nicely on a barricade.

I switched from a CTR in a Whiskey3 chassis to a Tikka with a 6xc MTU barrel, and it made a huge difference in my shooting. I went from scoring in the lower percentiles to having positive z-scores.

The first thing I would do is add a mid size, waxed canvas, heavy fill bag. Either a Wiebad Puppy or an Armageddon gear waxed canvas Schmedium would be good choices. Either will provide additional stability on barricades.

I switched from a CTR in a Whiskey3 chassis to a Tikka with a 6xc MTU barrel, and it made a huge difference in my shooting. I went from scoring in the lower percentiles to having positive z-scores.
Did you keep the W-3 chassis?

I've thought about it before, but I don't know where the lines really get drawn between asking for help/info from someone who runs a business training in that exact thing. I won't lie in saying I hope that while I am doing the RO thing at the gem state standoff that I'll be able to chat with him a bit if he's there. I would like to attend one of his classes, I just haven't been able to make a date line up yet.
Hey brother. E-mail me at [email protected] if and I would love to help point you in any direction. In my next Tikka video I go over a different build option around the Tikka action for those looking to get into the competition space!

Hey brother. E-mail me at [email protected] if and I would love to help point you in any direction. In my next Tikka video I go over a different build option around the Tikka action for those looking to get into the competition space!
Awesome, thank you!
I just saw your video drop and I'll be watching it once the kiddos are in bed

Most import upgrade: You

Invest is some training/practice time. Not only will it help you with equipment upgrade decisions, but it transfers those skills to new equipment
This right here. I chased gear for about 3 years, never really got much better. Took a class hoping add 10 pts to my total at a match. First match, nearly doubled my previous high score. Adding weights would be next. Honestly, your setup should take you a long way, but the training is what most people skip.

This right here. I chased gear for about 3 years, never really got much better. Took a class hoping add 10 pts to my total at a match. First match, nearly doubled my previous high score. Adding weights would be next. Honestly, your setup should take you a long way, but the training is what most people skip.
Do you mind if I ask what class you took? I'm already looking at classes/dates that I can possibly line up this year. I'm also trying to buy ammo where I can so I don't burn everything I have at a course, but with purchase limits I'm currently sitting at around 350 rounds.

I've got a few weighted items coming and I'll evaluate if they're enough once I get them strapped on.

The class I took was put on by Riflemans Path, Andy Slade. He's in southern VA and has a Facebook page by the same name.
Great class, I highly recommend it