• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's a good LPK

Austan

Uncontrollable Fringe Outlaw
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2007
    Spooner, Wisconsin
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a good lower parts kit and wondering if one brand is better than the other. I'm not talking about the triggers, just the little parts, springs, detents, ect. It appears to me that there really isn't any gains to be made in those areas unless a guy wants something ambi or oversized. I usually just search made in USA lower parts kit and buy one from a reputable dealer. Anyway, before I pull the trigger on one, I'd thought I'd check with you guys.

I recently got a LPK from red barn armory that Im very happy with. I really like the fact that you can customize it to purchase as little or as much as you need so you don't end up with a drawer full of extra crap you'll never use.

I stopped buying lower parts "Kits" a long time ago and now buy the individual pieces-parts instead, most from DSG. I generally buy small parts like detents and detent springs 10 at a time and the other parts 2, 3, 4, or 5 at a time so I always have extras on-hand. No more A2 grips and marginal quality safety selectors or trigger groups piling up in the junk drawer.

I like the JP parts kit from joebob outfitters online. Comes with everything except the fire control group. I think the kit is around $40 and I have never had any issues with it.

I've been buying LPK from Fulton Armory for years. They have it without trigger ( I never use those milspec shit triggers) and it's cheap and always in stock. I think it's $35....and seems to be very nice quality.

With the low number of replies, I'm thinking it doesn't really matter that much to people. I ended up just getting one from toms tactical since he had a couple other parts I wanted. I do like the idea of getting a bunch of the little parts 5-10 at a time. I'll have to keep an eye out for bigger quantities of that stuff and add it to a spare parts box.

Things people tend to swap out most. Trigger. Grip. Safety. Trigger guard. It is relatively easy to find a kit w/o a trigger. Almost as easy to find one also w/o a grip. You can save a few bucks purchasing kits w/o the things you won't use. I don't think I have ever seen a kit sans safety or trigger guard, but I have seen kits with upgraded safeties and trigger guards. Other than the parts listed above, a pin is pretty much a pin and a spring is pretty much a spring. No need to pay name brand prices for OEM parts. LPKs are pretty much the same, regardless of vendor- unless containing upgraded parts.

Daniel Defense has a nice kit and I've also had good luck with RRA. As most people have mentioned it depends on what all your going to swap out.

I've used a variety over the years, it would be nice though if trigger and gripless LPK's were more common. If it came to only wanting the turned parts and springs, I'd probably just get an Anderson kit and throw the FCG parts in the spares bin to use in a cheapy build down the road.

G&R Tactical has quality LPKs. You can order them without a trigger, which is my preference.

Over the years of buying "complete" lower parts kits, I have a drawer of grips and triggers. I'm very thankful for the new triggerless LPKs.

I buy parts separately from WOA (kits minus trigger, safety, trigger guard) and have been very happy with their quality.

I've been getting mine from ALG, can get it without fire control group and grip. Very good quality. There are definitely some of lesser quality out there.