• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's Going to Happen May 1st?

jerryrva

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2018
How do you reopen businesses and not start to the curve going back up with new infections? At least mandated wearing of masks in public will help. I foresee a long summer of sadness for our country.

I would surmise that none of us really know for sure. There will be a new normal at some point, no one knows what the hell that will look like at this stage. K-12 Schools here in WA State not reopening till fall, Stay home order extended till early may, Covid supposedly dropping off in state. Crazy times for damn sure. Masks gotta help...but I anticipate periodic hotspots of new outbreaks through the summer.

Crowds in commie countries and commie crowds in free countries gather to celebrate May Day... Commie crowds catch and transmit the second wave of COVID-19 amongst each other?

I'll have a fucking Coke please... As long as the governments in the free countries quickly cordon off the commie areas and let them burn each other out. The rest of us will have a hell of a job working together to bring this country out of the current mess...

We shouldn't keep a self quarantine going. We should self isolate those who are the most vulnerable. This would allow for herd protection as younger people get the virus and form antibodies to it. This would slow the virus down form killing people and keep the economy going. Also, this would allow time to make a vaccine for the most vulnerable. Soon enough there will be too much stress on the economy and we will be forced to do this anyway. You can't keep people shut in for months with no way to pay for food, rent, and car loan.

Crowds in commie countries and commie crowds in free countries gather to celebrate May Day... Commie crowds catch and transmit the second wave of COVID-19 amongst each other?

I'll have a fucking Coke please... As long as the governments in the free countries quickly cordon off the commie areas and let them burn each other out. The rest of us will have a hell of a job working together to bring this country out of the current mess...

You've been following this for longer than anyone here, so you're clearly smart enough to know there is no way to detect community transmission of this stuff early enough to lock down a region (NYC, Chicago, etc.) before it spreads like wildfire.

LOL, I was coming here to say the same thing.

2014-05-01T073112Z_1431527870_GM1EA5116YN01_RTRMADP_3_RUSSIA.JPG

If there aint at least 100,000 fresh graves, and I hope there wont be, open the entire country back up and publicly shame the chicken littles.

Trump is in the middle of a stone crushing machine.

Had he not shut down every death would hang around his neck like an anchor.

Fauci and Berx have told us best case is 200k-250K dead.

The doctors have jumped the shark.

People are expecting at least best case.

People are getting tired of this shit.

Trump is going to have the political ammo to take numbers and say we are opening up without suffering fatal political blow back.

Between now and May 1st everyone will die of Corona Virus. What I mean to say is if you roll your car, get ejected, suffer severe trauma, the cough of your last dying breath will be the indication you have CV-19 and the stats will reflect that. They can not allow Trump to say "30,000 deaths due to Chyna virus are horrible but our response is based on the best case of 200K deaths if we did everything right. As fucked up as we are we had 30K deaths. Open the economy."

Of course than for the next 6 months we will hear how every death was related to Trump opening the economy.

Last edited:
If there aint at least 100,000 fresh graves, and I hope there wont be, open the entire country back up and publicly shame the chicken littles.

More graves will be dug from this then the entire conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You want to be mad at the govt. fine... just have enough respect for the 10,000+ that have dead family members to not belittle their loses

Nothing will be opened back up. Lockdown for the foreseeable future. 1 infection, 1 death, is just 1 too many. Better safe than sorry. Right? So, the safest thing to do is close EVERYTHING. Not hand select essential businesses to stay open, but close EVERYTHING. One of those essential workers might get sick and spread it back across the country. Is that a risk worth taking. No way!!! Stop the electric. Stop the food. Stop the gasoline. Its not worth the risk. This thing is deadly as fuck.

*sarcasm off*

Once things open back up, we will go back to our lives. Jobless or employeed, life WILL go on. People will still visit bars, restaurants, music events, sporting events etc etc...people arent going to live in fear the rest of their lives. I know Im not.

Trump is going to have the political ammo to take numbers and say we are opening up without suffering fatal political blow back.

Between now and May 1st everyone will die of Corona Virus. What I mean to say is if you roll your car, get ejected, suffer severe trauma, the cough of your last dying breath will be the indication you have CV-19 and the stats will reflect that. They can not allow Trump to say "30,000 deaths due to Chyna virus are horrible but our response is based on the best case of 200K deaths if we did everything right. As fucked up as we are we had 30K deaths. Open the economy."

Of course than for the next 6 months we will hear how every death was related to Trump opening the economy.
Now that number is forcasted to be 80,000 dead (a bad flu year). It will be much mess than that when this is said and done. You nailed it with your description above. Guys like me and others here will be proven right all along. This is either negligence or blatantly nefarious intentions. One or both.

More graves will be dug from this then the entire conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You want to be mad at the govt. fine... just have enough respect for the 10,000+ that have dead family members to not belittle their loses
8,000 die here in the US everyday. You can speak the truth and not make light of any of them.
Most here arent snowflakes and take things so personally. I’m not name calling you. Talking in general.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC

Im interested to hear your “fix” to this, moving forward...

Boomers brace yourselves because like Trump it's going to come back to you!! LOL

Reactions: jinxx4ever
Come what may, the country has to start getting back to business on May 1st. I had a dental appointment this morning. My doc says he won't make it to summer and will have to lay off his staff if things don't start improving soon. He says the American Dental Association surveyed its members and about 70% say they won't make it to summer if this continues. That is just one small segment of our economy. Multiply that by thousands.

The people that want to drag this thing out indefinitely are mostly government types (bureaucrats) with guaranteed jobs no matter what. It's no skin off their back to say just stay home until January 1st, 2021. You know, just to be extra safe. We don't pause our country because 25K people die every year from car accidents. Or the 500K Americans killed every year by the medical profession due to errors and fuck ups. Fine, keep NYC, LA and Chicago closed as long as need be. But that cannot be the standard for the entire country.

Im interested to hear your “fix” to this, moving forward...

Don't have all the answers... never claimed any different.

Whether you agree or disagree with the actions so far is your prerogative. Hell, whether sheltering had any significant impact is still unknown.

It's easy to say if it's less than 100,000 dead this is all a waste as it's such a tiny number vs the total population. Yet, when just 30 of your friends don't come back from patrol... well... these numbers hit some of us harder than others.

You guys do you. I'm not saying otherwise.

Not belittling their losses. Each is horrible.

They are no more devastating than the 30K that die each year from flu.

I also have a lot of concern for the young family with an infant that now has to live off of unemployment and spending any hard worked for savings they may have. Perhaps home ownership will be lost to them because of this. The whole trajectory of their lives possibly has changed.

Their lives are no less important than those deceased.

Have some respect for them.

Don't have all the answers... never claimed any different.

Whether you agree or disagree with the actions so far is your prerogative. Hell, whether sheltering had any significant impact is still unknown.

It's easy to say if it's less than 100,000 dead this is all a waste as it's such a tiny number vs the total population. Yet, when just 30 of your friends don't come back from patrol... well... these numbers hit some of us harder than others.

You guys do you. I'm not saying otherwise.

You have had 30 friends not come back from patrol?

False equivalency.

In all the post that I have read here on SH I have not heard anyone talk about having a relative or close friend die of C19. Now I have a good friend, a good man, husband, father, grandfather pass because of it. I live in a rural area that should be as safe as any in the US. Yes he was old but not in poor health. Only two deaths in my county and he was one, my friend who deserved a few more years on this earth. The Chinese Government should pay dearly for all the deaths that their way of life and deceitful , traitorous behavior have caused.

if u die currently , it's related to the virus. The commies r going to get their numbers come hell or high water. Happening right here in my town. It's BS!

How do you reopen businesses and not start to the curve going back up with new infections? At least mandated wearing of masks in public will help. I foresee a long summer of sadness for our country.

It is simple, you reopen businesses. The curve will do very little since it is arbitrary and false and the majority of this story is contrived. This entire thing is an effort by the Dimmcrat party working hand-in-glove with their communist overlords in China to interfere with yet another election and try and steal the presidency from Trump.

If they reopen unrestricted air travel to China, the communists will send plane loads of disease ridden "tourists" to try and re-infect areas of the country and continue the ruse. Otherwise I'd fully expect disease ridden Dimmercrat operatives to walk around in public gathers coughing and spitting into their hands and rubbing it on people in hopes of spreading disease and scaring the general public.

What is happening is that a political party is using a virus to steal an election since their last plane for Russians to help them failed utterly.

Come what may, the country has to start getting back to business on May 1st. I had a dental appointment this morning. My doc says he won't make it to summer and will have to lay off his staff if things don't start improving soon. He says the American Dental Association surveyed its members and about 70% say they won't make it to summer if this continues. That is just one small segment of our economy. Multiply that by thousands.

The people that want to drag this thing out indefinitely are mostly government types (bureaucrats) with guaranteed jobs no matter what. It's no skin off their back to say just stay home until January 1st, 2021. You know, just to be extra safe. We don't pause our country because 25K people die every year from car accidents. Or the 500K Americans killed every year by the medical profession due to errors and fuck ups. Fine, keep NYC, LA and Chicago closed as long as need be. But that cannot be the standard for the entire country.

Multiply the health effects of dental patients that dont find new care because their long term Dr is out of the profession.

No one is looking down stream.

whether sheltering had any significant impact is still unknown.

I am going to say no, because very few people are sheltering in place or staying home, etc
Just about everyone is out on 'essential business' all the time

We are going to have all the loss of staying at home, but none of the benefits

The only thing that closed for real was public school systems, so there might be some benefit had there.

Optimally, everyone would stay at home under a kind of house arrest, forever, in case something bad happens. A Party of Essential People can be formed to make sure everyone is isolated, tucked in, and getting salt soup and 3 oz. of bread a day. Trials can be held to deal with the wreckers that got us into this mess, namely Drumf and everyone who voted for him, or ever stated in public or in private that something he did was not literally Hitler. Many cases actually will not need an actual trial. In short order will emerge a paradise on Earth, the likes of which humankind has not seen since the previous Century. This is a great opportunity to make great strides in transforming America. Please prepare to do your part, and give up everything for the greater good.

In all the post that I have read here on SH I have not heard anyone talk about having a relative or close friend die of C19. Now I have a good friend, a good man, husband, father, grandfather pass because of it. I live in a rural area that should be as safe as any in the US. Yes he was old but not in poor health. Only two deaths in my county and he was one, my friend who deserved a few more years on this earth. The Chinese Government should pay dearly for all the deaths that their way of life and deceitful , traitorous behavior have caused.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Met my first person account today.......guy 6 feet ahead of me in line at Dunkins. His brother had it, described it as an annoying cold. I asked if he tested, yes his brother tested positive for it.

Seems its a landmine disease.

Most dont trigger the pressure plate some die.

As it sits 12,064 is the total deaths from this as of now so say the CDC, I have not yet found their reported number of recoveries. Taking what I found as recovery numbers and adding it all up you have a 3.04% chance of dying from this. Acording to the CDC you have a 4.5% chance of dying from undiagnosed diabetes...

Big panic no cattle?

Reactions: 308220
Fuck it, We win, corona loses.

Synthetic antibodies might offer a quick coronavirus treatment
www.msn.com › en-us › health › health-news › synthetic-antibodies-...

4 hours ago - In the search for a treatment for COVID-19, researchers are exploring a wide range of approaches. Dr. Jacob Glanville, one of the researchers ...

Very likely, but how long is the FDA going to want to play fingerbang with it to confirm what others already know? Seems that they are more interested in thier prolonged processes than saving lives . . .

15 minutes before I read your post I was saying to someone much the same thing about the numbers dead, and the number of people that won't be dead. I have surmised that by May 1st things will look a little rosier across the political and media landscape... meaning fewer corpses to hang onto. As I said those things I could not get rid of the indecision over whether I want those things to be true or if I think they really will.

In any event, day by day the volume of data gets larger and over the last 48 hours many of the better models have dialed back their body count predictions. But no matter what, come May 1 the political war will be far from its crescendo. Most of us can agree on this.

I think on April 20 all us “essentials” are gonna go on strike and then let the bureaucrats figure out how bad this shit really is. My guess is they will be forced to declare the pandemic over and everything fine by May 1st as a result.

We will see if the pragmatic Swedes acted accordingly or not in a week or so, or if the chicken littles are the ones who had it right.

We worry about protecting our old and infirm from contracting the disease by the young and healthy staying home...WTF kind of circular reasoning is that? My grandparents are rolling in their graves because the country they fought for and sacrificed so much for has effectively been subdued once and for all by Communists in China.

IMO, on May 1st Trump can pivot to an embargo and all out sanctions on China. He needs to once and for all draw a real line in the sand and globally rally against the CCP and UN. It will be the last chance he has at re-election and will have the hearts and minds of all those who have suffered focused solely on the true culprit and criminals responsible for this shit show. If he can’t come through in November we are all truly fucked.

Exactly. A friend of mine works at the county courthouse. She does the payroll for all city employees. When this lockdown started, I asked her....”So what do you think about all this?”.....her reply...”Im still working.”

And that was it. Gov employees dont give a fuck. None of them. Not until their paycheck stops too.

Not sure its fair to say all “government employees don’t care.” Many are continuing to do their jobs and getting infected and dying. I think they care. You quote Psalm 144:1 in your signature, ya may want to re-read Romans chapter 13:1-14. Lets not let this China virus divide us. ??

Reactions: jb0311
I am honestly not sure. I’m ready for things to get back to normal. K-12 aren’t going back to school. Major Universities are doing online class( my sister doesn’t get to do clinicals) I’m trying to learn school online. Have I lost someone due to the “Covid-19” ? Yeah, I have but I realize or would think we can’t keep the economy closed or like this forever. People need to get back to work. I look to the elders and see what they have to say left or right winged individuals. I know some places that can’t come out till June 1st. That’s a long time to be stuck at home. So many divorces and baby are being made in the process I suppose. Get to do a little more reading on this forum and a little more learning

Reactions: kabarNC
Well I never seem to predict what Trump or most any other elected official will do, BUT I would expect wear masks, allow businesses to reopen with limited crowds, and still not allow large gatherings through the summer. Obviously all of this could change with a “cure” or treatment option with a high sucess rate.

15 minutes before I read your post I was saying to someone much the same thing about the numbers dead, and the number of people that won't be dead. I have surmised that by May 1st things will look a little rosier across the political and media landscape... meaning fewer corpses to hang onto. As I said those things I could not get rid of the indecision over whether I want those things to be true or if I think they really will.

In any event, day by day the volume of data gets larger and over the last 48 hours many of the better models have dialed back their body count predictions. But no matter what, come May 1 the political war will be far from its crescendo. Most of us can agree on this.

Take pride you are on the side that wants less dead.

Matter of fact thats our default position as opposed to the other side that loves body counts to push their agendas.

Reactions: 6/250/40
I think on April 20 all us “essentials” are gonna go on strike and then let the bureaucrats figure out how bad this shit really is. My guess is they will be forced to declare the pandemic over and everything fine by May 1st as a result.

We will see if the pragmatic Swedes acted accordingly or not in a week or so, or if the chicken littles are the ones who had it right.

We worry about protecting our old and infirm from contracting the disease by the young and healthy staying home...WTF kind of circular reasoning is that? My grandparents are rolling in their graves because the country they fought for and sacrificed so much for has effectively been subdued once and for all by Communists in China.

IMO, on May 1st Trump can pivot to an embargo and all out sanctions on China. He needs to once and for all draw a real line in the sand and globally rally against the CCP and UN. It will be the last chance he has at re-election and will have the hearts and minds of all those who have suffered focused solely on the true culprit and criminals responsible for this shit show. If he can’t come through in November we are all truly fucked.

The disease is real.

The most severe threat seems to be identified.

I saw we reverse polarity on who stays at home and who is going out.

Not sure its fair to say all “government employees don’t care.” Many are continuing to do their jobs and getting infected and dying. I think they care. You quote Psalm 144:1 in your signature, ya may want to re-read Romans chapter 13:1-14. Lets not let this China virus divide us. ??

I think the result of this should be "Whatever the government imoses on the people the governement must also suffer under"

Everyone in Govt should be funded to the level of unemployment.

Exactly. A friend of mine works at the county courthouse. She does the payroll for all city employees. When this lockdown started, I asked her....”So what do you think about all this?”.....her reply...”Im still working.”

And that was it. Gov employees dont give a fuck. None of them. Not until their paycheck stops too.

Dude it gets uglier.

There is serious discussion that those working should be paid overtime.

"Its not fair, that they are leaving the safety of their homes to attend to their jobs"

The should be lucky they are not unemployed.

Its like these stupid govt shut downs......there is always full funded back pay.

Reopen everything and let people go back to work. Even if million across the world die tomorrow from this, it’s a drop in the bucket and wouldn’t warrant a second glance. Keep this up and they’ll be creating economic ripples that will cause a bigger deal than a lack of hospital beds.

Pretty much each year we tweak the flu vaccine for the new/modified strain...so what’s it going to be like this flu season when this pops back up? Or next year? Are we going to shut everything back down for months every year? Also even if we 100% open everything back up in the US, all it takes is one person to spread it back around again. Sure a lot of people speculate about immunity, but no one knows how this new virus adapts and mutates over time, let alone if it’s going to be a yearly thing or not.

Reopen everything and let it play out as it needs to.

Dude it gets uglier.

There is serious discussion that those working should be paid overtime.

"Its not fair, that they are leaving the safety of their homes to attend to their jobs"

The should be lucky they are not unemployed.

Its like these stupid govt shut downs......there is always full funded back pay.
Fuck fair. They are doing the job they volunteered to do.
The issue is definitely the fact that those who make the decisions for lockdowns aren’t financially effected by the lockdowns because they are essential personnel. Their paychecks are guaranteed.

You know who should be taking advantage of all of this? The military. “Oh you lost your job because of the flu? Well in the military we still get paid the 1st and 15th baby! Join us and never go without! Even when there’s a freeze, you’ll get back paid and most times your credit unions will pay you regardless. Did I mention we give you healthcare that doesn’t stop just because people catch the sniffles? Join today. It’s literally the easiest job you can ever half ass and still get paid.”

Schools here in Nevada are shut down.
Are all administrators and teacher's receiving paychecks?
Most schools are requiring the teachers to still work and provide online materials/assignments. That’s based on what I’m hearing from family in FL and friends in other states....plus the memes mentioning it lol

Schools here in Nevada are shut down.
Are all administrators and teacher's receiving paychecks?
My wife is a teacher and is working as hard or harder than ever trying to make content, provide hard copies, and assist kids who don’t have adequate support at home while our district tries to sort through all the horseshit directives from the asshole in his bunker down south in LV.

FUCK YES the paycheck is still coming in and she’s earning it. Some teachers around the country may already be on summer break basically but payroll is a 12 month deal anyway.

Reactions: netranger6
Multiply the health effects of dental patients that dont find new care because their long term Dr is out of the profession.

No one is looking down stream.

Yeah I'm a dentist with 8 employess counting on me and my practice for careers. I've been shut down to emergency care only since 3/19. Many, many practices will go under if this carries on too long. I did half a day of extractions and root canals today the first time I have worked since last Tuesday. Then I went to Lowe's hardware to get wood for a box blind and the place was packed, as was the local garage,all convenience stores, the liquor store, etc. People everywhere business as usaual, yet I'm struggling to pay employees out of work with no production. If I wasn't 26 years in with good financial choices I'd be facing practice bankruptcy eminently and will anyway if I am forced to do this extending out. Selectively putting folks out of business is the crux here. News is all doom and gloom about lack of hospital space looming meanwhile our local hospital is down 60% with a grand total of one corona case seen and the closest hospital corp (7 regional hospitals) has laid off 300 due to lack of business. Probably 85% of my patients would be coming as usual if the stay at home emergency care shut down wasn't on line and many are pissed at being put off indefinitely.

Last edited:
Are all the park rangers getting paid for sitting at home? They have shut down all of the state and national parks around here.