• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Whats in this NF Mil-XT reticle?

Mudflap621

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2020
Looking at a used NF ATACR 7-35 Mil xt and the pictures of the reticle there is some sort of writing on the right side of the tree reticle around 22 mil mark. Ive searched for hours and haven not been able to find any other pictures of a Mil XT reticle with the writing on the right side of tree. I understand that Mil XT Is etched into the left side of reticle but never seen anything on the right.

Has anyone else seen this and what does it say I cannot seem to make it out.
s-l1600.jpg

I think it says, If you can't read this adjust focus ;)
or
on the left side Mil XT
on the right side R242

Thanks I don’t have this is hand. I’m supposed to meet the gent just never seen writing on the right hand side and just trying to authenticate as it’s a big purchase.

If ur serious what is R242 on the right side.

Thanks I don’t have this is hand. I’m supposed to meet the gent just never seen writing on the right hand side and just trying to authenticate as it’s a big purchase.

If ur serious what is R242 on the right side.
don't know what the R242 stands for.. that's what's on mine.
Call Nightforce Cust service. they'll pick up the phone on the 2nd ring and have your answer in 2 mins.

Ok thank you just trying to verify it’s actually in the reticle lol. Thanks for the reply.

It is a big purchase.. Buy once, cry once. but they will be tears of joy.

I’m pretty positive my F1 ATACR have it as well. One was the reticle. Thought the other was a model number but don’t remember

Reactions: Mudflap621
Thanks guys makes me feel better. Its weird none of their documentation or pictures ive searched online show it.

It's the part number for the reticle. They are visible in lots of NF scopes, though not all of them.

I think if it was was fake, you would know as soon as you picked it up without even looking through the glass. I distinctly remember pulling that scope out the box and before looking through it, was impressed with the feel.

And buy once cry once only works if you don't get stupid and sell it. At least what I sold it for is worth way more now then the scope. But I will definitely buy it again unless it is eclipsed by the next new hotness by that time.