• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's it worth?

Re: What's it worth?

whatever someone is willing to pay at the time.
i would say about 600 bucks though. you may find somebody willing to pay more

$600 for just the barrel trigger and bottom metal seems awfully high to me. But like jccobb2 said it is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

+1, triggers sell for $35-$50 depending, factory BM about the same. Used barrel...definitely less than $500
wink.gif

Rem barrel maybe $75-100, trigger(older model) maybe $70 and bottom metal maybe $45.

yea id say a good price would be $300-$400. I mean you gotta figure how much you gonna have to sink to put an action and stock on it. I mean heck you can slap any ol stock on it until you have money to get a good one but you can't even fire it without an action and thats gonna cost ya.

I had a complete 5R. Sold the stock and am thinking about selling everything but the action and building it up at a later date. Only reason why I'm keeping the action is my father gave it to me, not long before he passed.

trow it on gunbroker, I saw a 5R barrel go for $350 on GB about 8 months ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jccobb2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">whatever someone is willing to pay at the time.
i would say about 600 bucks though. you may find somebody willing to pay more </div></div>I missed the "no action" part of that post somehow. I would say around 300