• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What's it worth?????

7.62willdo

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • My neighbor just came over and asked if i wanted to buy a rifle he inherited from his dad, its a rem. 40x in .308 date of manufacture 1973 has the clip slot and 27 1/4" hart barrel 100% original. The finish is 99.8%.
    what do you guys think he is asking $1000 for it.

Re: What's it worth?????

my book of gun values lists that rifle as 1200-1500 depending on configuration and finish.

I have a Remington 40-XB and can say that they are quality products with sub-MOA to 0.5 MOA accuracy.

Fantastic rifle. I guess the important question is how much has it been shot?? How much wear does it show?? Which trigger does it have?? Does it have a safety?? Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iloveguns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only worth what some ones willing to pay for it! </div></div>

So true.

If you like him.. around $1000.. If you don't I'd say $500
    blush.gif