• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's my 10/22 worth?

Re: What's my 10/22 worth?

$500 to $600 should be ok. IS it scoped?

It has a scope but it's just an old cheapy. It's all stock except for the stock itself

I would look to see what similar 10/22's are going for on GunBroker. It takes a few custom parts to get one up to the $600 range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a guy that is wanting to buy my Ruger 10/22. It is the target series and it's stainless. It also has this stock on it http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=847876. Could someone give me a good number to start with on pricing it to him.

Thanks </div></div>
As <span style="font-style: italic">ryanjay11</span> said, check-out the prices for used 10/22s' on GunBroker for a baseline. Also, is your 10/22 an old-school gun (anodized receiver and actual SS barrel) or one of the newer/current guns that has that crappy paint that Ruger now uses to save time and production costs? It may or may not equate to a price difference, as some people don't know the difference or know any better.

Keith

What ever price you set you can always come down but never go up. So start with a realistic price based on what you see on Gunbroker or Auction Arms.

to you, or the guy your trying to sell it too? thats the real question. i dont think even if you add up the parts sometimes that you will even get that back. but start with a base 10/22. $200ish, add up from there. but it boils down to what you want for it, how low will you go? if the sale will bring you something else that you really want, i have been known to sell for less than i wanted to. i sold my cetme and gave away the extras, about $300 worth of stuff cause i got what i needed for something else

I think that it is worth about $155. I hate to see you lose money to "this guy you know", so I can paypal you $225. That's like a $70 profit for you. For me, well, I like to help out people on the forum. Let me know and GLWS.

BTW, prices may not resemble actual values.