• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what's so special about SR-25's?

Re: what's so special about SR-25's?

Because the government pays for em, so pricing isn't the issue.

gotcha that makes sense falls right in with the 100 dollar hammers and 50 dollar staplers!!! Keep paying your taxes

nothing, they have an inovative bolt design, but then again, LMT has the same damn bolt and manages to sell the MWS for 50 percent of what knights ask,

they also and pretty cool rifle length gas system on there carbines that makes them shoot smooth, but terms of inovation, its no more inovative then LMTs QD barrel, just profiled lighter.

component to componet there isnt anything special there, ask the question, why is the KAC sr15 which has a has the same number of inovative features,(ehanced BCG, gas system, lower, ect...) as its SR25 couter part, why is the sr15 priced reasonably as in within few hundred dollars of other high end rifles, where as their SR25 somehow ends up cost twice what a comparable high end 308 AR.

the sr25 has contracts the sr15 doesn't

It really is a joke, man. There is nothing special about them at all. A GAP-10 is every bit as good as an SR25. I would seriously laugh at someone if they bought one of these over a GAP gun... which is why you see GAP rifles all over this site. No one wants me to laugh at them.

Because there is quality in every SR-15 and SR-25 KAC build.

I really like my 1993 SR-25 Match/Mk11 Mod 0. To me, it is the quentessential .308 AR.

004-8.jpg

i agree with the quality, but why is the sr15 priced like other high end ar15's where as the sr25 is twice what high end 308 AR's go for.

quality has nothing to do with it

There are a few people on here who would dispute that quality comment.

No doubt an awesome rifle I want a 308 semi auto just on the fence what to get. POF, Gap-10, Repr, DPMS Sass, so many decisions so little money. I have a R-25 Remington in .243 really like the rifle but I really want a semi auto in 308 too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a few people on here who would dispute that quality comment. </div></div>

Lol... If you say his name 3x in a mirror he appears...

Why does an Audi R8 cost more than a Ford Mustang?

I own many rifles and none of them compare with the machine work and finish of my KAC rifles. Your either willing to pay for something or your not, simple as that.

" I would seriously laugh at someone if they bought one of these over a GAP gun... which is why you see GAP rifles all over this site. No one wants me to laugh at them."

Translation: I cant afford one
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">" I would seriously laugh at someone if they bought one of these over a GAP gun... which is why you see GAP rifles all over this site. No one wants me to laugh at them."

<span style="font-weight: bold">Translation: I cant afford one</span>
frown.gif

</div></div>

Or, perhaps he can spend half of what the KAC SR-25 costs by getting a GAP-10 and get every bit as good, if not better, accuracy.

My buddy has an SR15, so I can comment on the differences that are unique to Knights.

1) The lower has integrated QD mounts on either side.
2) Ambi bolt release
3) Proprietary bolt design
4) A gas system that is longer than a standard middy, and shorter than a standard rifle length.

None of these things mean a whole lot to me, so I wouldn't spend the money on one. I will say though, the fit and finish is nice, but that can be said for any AR15 assembled from quality parts. The only thing that really stood out to me was how smooth all of the small parts were (selector, bolt release, trigger, etc.). The rifle I shot was damn near new and felt like a nice worn in rifle. You are basically getting a top of the line "tactical" style rifle at a premium price. Personally, I would spec a rifle different.

I'd dispute the quality in every SR-25. There isn't as much fascination with the SR since there are others making quality .308 platforms. I do own a couple KAC 15's, but the SR was a bad experience. I can say Kevin B. is a good guy and went to great length's to rectify.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

the sr25 has contracts the sr15 doesn't

</div></div>

Selling things to the government drives the price up, and they aren't legally allowed to sell it on the open market for less than they charge the government.

At one time, way back, the SR25 was about the only .308 based AR out there and they charged whatever they wanted and got it. They started at $1999.00 and have went up from there in price. They do think they have something special! I bought one of those back then and it shot pretty good and I suspect they still do?

Ive owned just about all of them. I like my EMC best for what I want of a ar pattern 308. I would buy another Gap as a DMR but I just dont like the POF setup
frown.gif
Down the road I may talk to George about building one up on Seekins components. Buy what you want, what you like. But I do not understand those that bash a rifle manufacturer due to its cost. If you dont see the value, dont buy it. Apparently enough agencies and people do.

I have to agree with the post above. If you don't want to pay the price or can't then don't bash. I can't afford a BMW 750i but I don't bash it. I have owned jut about every 308 AR platform and KAC/KMC is by far the best. That's just my opinion but I have owned an shot almost all. Thats still just my opinion!! I wouldn't sell my EMC for anything and I still have my Mk11 Mod O.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GYZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't afford a BMW 750i but I don't bash it.</div></div>

You're lucky you can't afford one believe me. They are terrible cars.

As for the SR25 rifles they aren't seriously priced for the civilian market.

What makes you say the 750 is a terrible car? I have driven a few and cant see how they qualify as "terrible"

To the OP. It's simple, SUPPLY & DEMAND !

I would never say my SR25 is the finest rifle that ever spit lead or is better than such & such or such & such brand rifle. Since mine was not issued to me - meaning I used alot my hard earned cash to pay for it, I maintain and don't abuse it. This rifle repay's me by shooting where the crosshairs meet- If I do my part and works every time I sqeeeze the trigger. If I were in combat and needed precision semi auto firepower I would hope to have this rifle with me. My SR25 is one of the first early SR25 match rifles that came with the heavy Remington 24" 5R barrel.
You are the one that earns you're money, buy what you like!- I do

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GYZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't afford a BMW 750i but I don't bash it.</div></div>

You're lucky you can't afford one believe me. They are terrible cars.
</div></div>

If you recognize that they should be sold after the warranty runs out and depreciation will cost you a lot of money, and are OK with that, then they are excellent cars. No I don't own one but I drive one a lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: millertime2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just asking never seen one or been around one I just was wondering why they bring so much money? </div></div>

It all comes down to government contracts. The government pays top dollar for "GOOD" equipment. Are they nice, hell yes, but just like its been pointed out the SR-25 is ridiculously priced while the SR-15 isn't because of the contracts. If you look up the price for Knights plastic forward grip that you see in about every Iraq or Astan photo on a M4 or M16 because they come standard on their contracts handguards, Knights price is like $64, for a plastic grip. Yet they are no way superiour to any $20 plastic grip. Just like the LMT sopmod stock is $200 when all the competitors are around half that, the sopmod was made for and got a military contract.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you recognize that they should be sold after the warranty runs out</div></div>

This.

/end thread derail

What makes it special? It's the only rifle I have...

What makes it incredible? It's the only rifle I have...

312558_267601323291725_100001255777854_769916_1013389116_n.jpg

They're not terrible if you don't mind a history of wiring problems.

Just to make those that were unable to attend SHOT aware this year we actually increase our SR25 line-up:

SR25 Enhanced Rifle (ER) #30359 MSRP $4125.00
SR25 Enhanced Carbine (EC) #30365 MSRP $4368.75
SR25 Enhanced Combat Rifle (ECR) #30289 MSRP $5618.75
SR25 Enhanced Combat Carbine (ECC) #30313 MSRP $5743.75

The top two weapons ER & EC are more of price point guns they don't have all the latest and greatest features like the bottom two. But they still retain the accuracy and reliability our weapons are known for.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a rundown of the diffferences? </div></div>

Heated seats & cruise control?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a rundown of the diffferences? </div></div>

Heated seats & cruise control? </div></div>

no no, you <span style="font-style: italic">have</span> to buy the rustproofing, and be sure to monitor the level of your blinker fluid....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">" I would seriously laugh at someone if they bought one of these over a GAP gun... which is why you see GAP rifles all over this site. No one wants me to laugh at them."

<span style="font-weight: bold">Translation: I cant afford one</span>
frown.gif

</div></div>

Or, perhaps he can spend half of what the KAC SR-25 costs by getting a GAP-10 and get every bit as good, if not better, accuracy. </div></div>

Agreed Killshot... I only ask one question. Why? Why go KAC when you can go GAP. Absolutely no reason in my opinion.

Ok, to answer my own question. If you have money to burn (some might say literally) you can get the "cool factor" of having a SR25. I personally would opt for rifle + Suppressor + Scope. Just me though... and many, many other people
smile.gif

SR25 Enhanced Rifle (ER) #30359 MSRP $4125.00
SR25 Enhanced Carbine (EC) #30365 MSRP $4368.75
SR25 Enhanced Combat Rifle (ECR) #30289 MSRP $5618.75
SR25 Enhanced Combat Carbine (ECC) #30313 MSRP $5743.75

WOW! I bought two new LMT MWS' for less than one of those.
I'll keep my LMT's!

KAC should open up to CA sales... we got money to burn.

Like I said, I owned most. Specifically I have had:

AR10T custom by SSK industries
AR10T custom by GAP
SCAR17
LMT MWS
KAC SR25 EMC

The KAC has met my criteria the best having some of the positive features of the others without their negative ones in the role I want an AR pattern 308 rifle for. I would gladly own any of the ones I had again. But likely not in the same role as the EMC. I havent abused ANY of the ones I have owned but my impression is that the EMC could take the most abuse and keep going. It has the weight characteristics of the SCAR. Accuracy better than the SCAR and the MWS I had(note that accuracy from those two wasnt bad). The features I place a high value on may not be a consideration at all for others and therefore do not see the value. But consider that there was a time few saw the value in the much greater expence of FFP scopes. I see the value for me and therefore cut loose with the cabbage.

SR25 was an unreliable piece of shit. There is a reason many B4's used the m24 over it when they had the choice.

They would constantly break down and require parts that a typical armorer would not have. Best bud was a sniper in 2/75(SOTIC) and hated the thing. The only reason it lived was there was a need to rapid follow up shots and the m14 was not reliable/accurate/modular enough to fill the roll. Maybe they fixed the problems with the M110, but I still would not waste that much cash on one. You can get a Gap with glass for what one of these would cost. It will shoot better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CobraCutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SR25 was an unreliable piece of shit. There is a reason many B4's used the m24 over it when they had the choice.

They would constantly break down and require parts that a typical armorer would not have. Best bud was a sniper in 2/75(SOTIC) and hated the thing. The only reason it lived was there was a need to rapid follow up shots and the m14 was not reliable/accurate/modular enough to fill the roll. Maybe they fixed the problems with the M110, but I still would not waste that much cash on one. <span style="font-weight: bold">You can get a Gap with glass for what one of these would cost. It will shoot better.</span></div></div>

Thank you!

Oh, but wait, our troops don't carry a GAP so it wouldn't have that whole 'look at me and my military rifle' coolness factor that comes with owning an overpriced SR-25/XM110.

Hey Cobra, were you a tanker? Just curious. We had the exact opposite experience with the SR overseas. Working with a navy team for 3 weeks, they talked to highly of theres. Even got to poke a round or two with it. From my take, having dealt with a few AR platforms, the fit and finish was unrivaled. Like your favorite pair of boots, just better. Hands down. Hard for me to be too objective with the rifle, as it wasn't mine, and I didn't perform any comparative tests. Would love to own one some day. I'm sure there's plenty of platforms which rival in accuracy and probably fit and finish. But that SR25 was in a league of it's own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scouter19D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Cobra, were you a tanker? Just curious. We had the exact opposite experience with the SR overseas. Working with a navy team for 3 weeks, they talked to highly of theres. Even got to poke a round or two with it. From my take, having dealt with a few AR platforms, the fit and finish was unrivaled. Like your favorite pair of boots, just better. Hands down. Hard for me to be too objective with the rifle, as it wasn't mine, and I didn't perform any comparative tests. Would love to own one some day. I'm sure there's plenty of platforms which rival in accuracy and probably fit and finish. But that SR25 was in a league of it's own. </div></div>

Nope, I was Engineer/Scout(RSTA)/Aviation. Was an armorer for a good portion of that time. The reason the MK11 was in a league of its own , was there was no real competion besides the bastardized m14's taken out of mothballing. Anyone who has messed with the M14's know how much of a bitch they are to keep running at a high level and optics/mounts/mags were bassically impossible to find. Units were given old wooden stocked m14's to use as DMR and spotter rifles with nothing but the iron sites. Big army fucked up. I would have taken the SR25 as well, but it does not change the fact that they were a bitch to keep running. That and armorer support was bassicaly nil unless you were SOCOM/JSOC. (FYI: SR25 info is second hand, but from multiple, reliable sources. I never had to work of them in country. I wasn't that high speed)

ETA: I was on the right side of armor. "If you ain't cav, you aint shi't".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">high prices and name, not for me. </div></div>

+1 on that. I like using good parts from good names but those prices are retarded. If I were in the market for one, I'd go to GAP, get some glass and a 30P-1 for that kind of money...

I got 2 SR 25 rifles. 1 MK 11 Mod 0 and a lightweight match. Are they expensive? Yes, but the rifles shoot. I have never had a problem with either of mine in all the years that I have owned em. I do not abuse my stuff but I do not pamper it either. Bottom line is the rifle is a well built rifle and shoots very well. Is it overpriced? Now that the semi gas gun is the cat's meow, maybe? But when I puchased mine the SR-25 was the only game in town and IMHO the eye candy of the KAC gear is second to none.

I agree, the SR-25 was the only game in town. Nowadays, everybody puts out a .308 ar type rifle. As a whole, the industry keeps improving materials, techniques etc, so yeah there are many rifles that could compare to the SR-25, but in the end there is only one. KAC was and still is the benchmark to which all other AR-10 platforms are measured against. Don't believe me? Almost every thread bashing KAC says the same thing, "this rifle or that rifle is just as good as a Kac for less money." I have bought and sold more rifles than I care to admit and I always find myself comparing whats in my hands to what a KAC product is. Is KAC perfect? Is Colt? Is GAP? you get the point. There will always be hiccups and gunshop/internet stories on how or why this or that product sucks. Everybody has different needs and wants. For me, I love Knights Armament rifles (sr-15 and the sr-25 platform) and will continue to do so.

"Death Before Dishonor", bro.
smile.gif
Nice C.A.B. You ever do a Spur Ride? Get a stetson?

well put.. KAC is definitely a good reference and baseline point and their success should have good attention paid.