• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Whats the best designed true fighting knife

I carry a hissatsu or.....something that worked in my grandfathers day as well as ours.

Yeah, I remember seeing a few guys with knives like this on their kit. We usualy saw them in the rear, they tended to be PAC clerks, truck drivers, cooks, mechanics. You know, the guys known for always being engaged with the enemy in hand to hand knife combat. :D

hey! when gravity fails and that extra six pounds of stupid keeps us on ol' terra firma.
I'd show my old Spartan that I normally carry but you would probably heckle me for that.
Snobby green bean! :eek:

Last edited:
It's really cool to see all these suggestions for these modern day pork stickers, but I have to chime in and say the good ole USMC Ka-Bar is what I would rather have than anything else.

I can't imagine that this thread has gone four pages without it being mentioned. I didn't read all the way through. So I am either bringing it up or agreeing with others who have mentioned it.

For simple cool factor, the Gurkha Kukri gets the nod.

Sorry haven't been looking on the site for a while. Here are a couple of photos of some of the blades I have been issued and carried over the years. The three with the Gerber on top the Sikes Repo and the Case V-42 are safe queens now. The Gerber is the second of the two issued I broke about one inch of blade tip off the first one throwing it and was replaced with the one in the photo. The second photo is of most of the knives I used over the years with the Bowie a custom that was made by a friend. The ballistic (as was ask earlier) on the bottom was purchased after a LEO NLETS bulletin came out from the Arkansas State Police to test. They work and would be a bad surprise to someone who had a knife pulled on them and kept mainly to take to court if I ever shot a knife attacker.
There has been some VERY GOOD information put out on this thread. Many good tools out there pick one you like the feel of, get some training, and practice.

Attachments

• Arch's  2010 102c.jpg
    Arch's 2010 102c.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Arch's  2010 103c.jpg
    Arch's 2010 103c.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 23