• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the deal with Riley Defense AKs?

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Hey everyone,

I shamefully admit that I bought an IO Inc AK a few years back because my local gun store said they were much better than the WASR rifles. First few mags I had a few issues but it seemed to work itself out and fired. How accurately I have no idea, we were shooting at milk jugs maybe 25 yards away, and I had to take my boot to the charging handle to eject one casing. Whatever live and learn.

So I'm looking for a better AK and can't afford an Arsenal currently, let alone a Rifle Dynamics. I see a lot of conflicting videos on youtube about Riley Defense rifles. Some swear they run like sewing machines, but other videos really throw them under the bus. I really don't want another $600 piece of shit..

For you guys with Riley rifles. What's the no-bullshit truth on them? Are they worth it if getting their Gen2 rifles now or should I just wait for an Arsenal? I also seen they are releasing an AK74 soon, I guess? Too bad Arsenal SL104 isn't available anymore :( REALLY wanted a plum furniture 74!!

Because of the quality of Palmetto ARs, I'm really hesitant to buy one of their AKs. I could be wrong, but hey I'm here to learn, so school me on it.

i would question that. The newer palmetto ARs aren’t bad. I have 16” stainless that hands with my craddock precision

i would question that. The newer palmetto ARs aren’t bad. I have 16” stainless that hands with my craddock precision
Everything of theirs is out of stock. And doesn't include a cleaning rod.. why is that? Not that a $10 cleaning rod matters much, but why aren't they including them?

They tend to restock either every tuesday, or every other one. Sign up for their alert and then hurry over when they message you. At least this worked when I was trying to get a perpetually out of stock ak-v.

Pass on the Riley Defense AK. Get a WASR if you want a true combloc factory AK