• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats the deal with the Tikka T3 in .260 Rem ?

Rprecision

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2011
Progressive Hell, CO
So I got all hot and bothered when I found this listed on the Tikka website. The Varmint Stainless model in .260 would be a great gun.

After doing some looking and searching it doesnt look like anyone can get them in the USA. IS this correct ?

May have to go for a .243, but the twist is too slow

Re: Whats the deal with the Tikka T3 in .260 Rem ?

Beretta owns Tikka, Sako, Benelli, etc. and is slow to figure things out.

A Tikka in .260 would sell like hot cakes in the USA. A .260 Tikka in a KRG Chassis would be a great tactical comp gun.

I suggest that you contact Beretta and request that they import Tikka CTR and Varmint rifles in .260. Maybe if they have enough requests they will import them.

A Tikka CTR in a .260 Hits the US Shores I'd Break out my Wallet in a Heart beat!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGTOOTH5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Tikka CTR in a .260 Hits the US Shores I'd Break out my Wallet in a Heart beat!!! </div></div>

I know a number of people that would join you.

Not available in the US. Beretta even stopped importing the varmint .308 more than a year ago.

Would you guys be interested in purchasing a T3 CTR/SCOUT/Varmint in .260/.243/.308 as a barreled action only?
Justin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you guys be interested in purchasing a T3 CTR/SCOUT/Varmint in .260/.243/.308 as a barreled action only?
Justin </div></div>

YES!

I would be all over this. I have actually decided that I guess IM stuck with the 6.5x55 since they wont actually sell the .260. But If I had word that it was not unobtanium, I would be all over it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be all over this. I have actually decided that I guess IM stuck with the 6.5x55 since they wont actually sell the .260. But If I had word that it was not unobtanium, I would be all over it. </div></div>
You can buy a T3 Sporter in .260 right now. Most people bash the looks of the stock and I can understand that, but they are available, right now and I believe you can even find them in left hand models, too. I just picked up a 6.5x55.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would you guys be interested in purchasing a T3 CTR/SCOUT/Varmint in .260/.243/.308 as a barreled action only?
Justin</div></div>

I'm down for a .260 varmint with a whiskey-3 chassis.

Justin </div></div>

243, 223, and maybe 7-08

Justin </div></div>

YES! I got all worked up yesterday thinking about building a T3 in .260 and putting it in a KRG Chassis.

I would also be interested in The option of barreled uppers, maybe even in 300 win mag

Justin,
If the barrel twist was right for heavies, they would sell well.

The 8 twist .223 Tikka varmit is a hammer. BUT, (like typical big corporation decisions) the factory mag will only take a 2.26 OAL, negating almost all the advantage of the 8 twist capabilities for heavy bullets.

But your stock allows the excellent AI mags to be used!!

Brad

These would all have the fastest or near fastest twist per caliber. i.e. 7.5 or 8 for the .243, 10 for the .30, etc. They would probably have a SAAMI chamber. It would take time. Also I think the .223 varmint is actually still available so maybe it's not necessary. It sucks though that they stopped importing those great values (Scouts and the .308 Varmint) and now they want you to buy the Sporter or Tactical. I didn't pay much more than their current retail for my first TRG!

Sorry to the OP for the hijack, but it is sort of related.

I'll start a new thread when the time is right. Anyone who would like to comment feel free to PM me. Thanks,
Justin

Anyone seen any Stainless 260 - in the USA? Wondered if they were being imported......or is Beretta STILL Confused?

There were a few 260 hunters on GB a couple of months ago , but I have not seen any since. I decided to buy one and they were gone .