• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Whats the delay on Viper PST Delivery

kenv50

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2010
Snellville Georgia USA
Based on all the good reviews and discussions, both here and on the internet, I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP from Optical Planet on April 25. At first Optical Planet was to have Viper PST in Mid May. In May they told me their shippent would be in May 25. Today I called and the Vortex shippment should arrive June 7th.

Does anyone know the status of Vortex's manufacturing of the new PST's? Are there problems?

Ken V

Re: Whats the delay on Viper PST Delivery

Both Sam and Scott from Vortex have said it would at least be some time in June before these were shipped out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">June is a tentative estimate on when we might be shipping them out, but we don't have anything nailed down yet.

We're working to release them ASAP though. Sorry I can't be more specific.

-Sam
</div></div>

its better to wait and get a quality product than to have something quick and be a piece of shit.

Good things come to those who wait...but with that said, I'd sure be happy to have my 2.5-10x44 sooner rather than later! I don't think another month (hopefully less) will kill any of us.
wink.gif

From the sound of things, Vortex was just ironing out some details, putting the final touches on the scopes and getting them ready to go out by mid-June or so.

I can't really remember a new product release that did not slip.

Oftentimes, manufacturers are not good at predicting worst case scenarios in development, production, and distribution. The Premier Heritage 5 - 25 X 56 was about 3 months late, if I remember correctly. I am still waiting for Stiller's 40X action originally slated for October 2009.

The Lapua Palma brass that was supposed to be ready in February... not even close here in May.

When it comes to new products, people who get their orders in early just need to be prepared to wait longer than they are told.

I had always heard that it was to be a June release.

I think that it is more Optics Planet that was trying to entice people to preorder and its more on them giving false shipping dates.

It's still too early to be a delay as far as I know.

Yeah June was what I heard from the beginning. I'm anxious to see what they look like.
Lee

Vortex has been very up front on the delivery of this product. In January thry estimated April. In March that was revised to June. I have been in touch with them on a regular basis and they still say June. No particular date in June, just June. The reason that they are not saying June 5th, or June 18th or even June 39th is because Vortex is a stand up company that does not want to give false info. They will contact their big dealers once they have a confirmed delivery date to their USA warehouse so we can let you know what's what. Until then nobody knows the expected date in June, including Joe Hamilton who runs Vortex. Those who are regular members here know that as soon as that date is firm Scott from Liberty will let you know, the guys at SWFA will let you know, I will let you know as will the other authorized Vortex dealers that support this forum.
Sit tight, it will be worth the wait.

I imagine it will release when it's ready to be released.... Rushing out a new product is a recipe for disaster.

All you folks jumping up and down, bellyaching about wanting it NOW, will be the first ones slamming them on the interweb if there's a problem.

I called Vortex around 2 months ago, and was told that June was the delivery period for pre-orders. Like others have said, nothing is late or delayed yet.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!! getting excited.
smile.gif

Waiting for good scopes to be released is nothing new.

I seem to recall a friend paying in full on a prototype (not Vortex) at SHOT09 and getting his scope 9+ months later.....

Everyone that is getting into this when a FFP with matching adjustments/reticle is going to be available from a responsive manufacturer for under $1K has no idea how good they have it..................

Christmas in June! I know I'm pretty excited for mine to come in too, but with another baby ready to make her appearance day now, I doubt I'll be out at the range too much for a while anyway. Sit tight guys, the Vortex Santa will be here before you know it.

I just pre-ordered mine this week. I can't imagine waiting since December for a scope. Props to those who could. I hope it is worth the wait. I chose this scope based on what current vortex users on these threads said about them and their awesome warranty. Very excited for my first vortex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cross C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mmmmmm can't wait for these bad boys! </div></div>

Meeeee either. I haven't pre-ordered yet, but I probably will just so I don't have to wait for the 2nd batch.

If there is a PST that interests you please call the store and speak with me or Neil. We will take your name, phone # and product desired information and will contact you when we hear from Vortex that they are available. This is our version of a pre-order. Since nobody knows when these will really be why make you leave a deposit. You're members of the Camera Land family if you're a SH member. Your request is all we need to secure your scope for you. I assume that there will be an allocation situation from Vortex and limited quantities available. The list we're taking, IMO, is the best way to do this. No deposits needed. No pre-payment needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I imagine it will release when it's ready to be released.... Rushing out a new product is a recipe for disaster.

All you folks jumping up and down, bellyaching about wanting it NOW, will be the first ones slamming them on the interweb if there's a problem. </div></div>

I want mine...NOW NOW NOW

If I stomp my feet and jump up and down will it help?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kenv50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Based on all the good reviews and discussions, both here and on the internet, I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP from Optical Planet on April 25. At first Optical Planet was to have Viper PST in Mid May. In May they told me their shippent would be in May 25. Today I called and the Vortex shippment should arrive June 7th.

Does anyone know the status of Vortex's manufacturing of the new PST's? Are there problems?

Ken V </div></div>

This is actually pretty common for all manufacturers. Rarely does any manufacturer hit the initially stated release date. Knowing the quality people at Vortex, the delay is a result of them continually finding new ways to make their product better. From the looks of some of the latest pics/reveiws they've already improved on it from SHOT Show in January when it already looked like a great product.

I too, am anxiously waiting to get one in my hands...

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

If I stomp my feet and jump up and down will it help? </div></div>

You gotta Razor. Wacha bitchin about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I imagine it will release when it's ready to be released.... Rushing out a new product is a recipe for disaster.

All you folks jumping up and down, bellyaching about wanting it NOW, will be the first ones slamming them on the interweb if there's a problem. </div></div>

Yes Hugh, everybody knows that....

oh, it's definitely delayed. When I ordered mine in February it was based on a late match early April delivery. Now its June-july. If that's not a delay I don't know what is...but this ain't my first rodeo with waiting for new product releases so i half expected it. I just hope this late June, early July estimate is the last delay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bodywerks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh, it's definitely delayed. When I ordered mine in February it was based on a late match early April delivery. Now its June-july. If that's not a delay I don't know what is...but this ain't my first rodeo with waiting for new product releases so o half expected it. I just hope this late June, early July estimate is the last delay. </div></div>Well if it's not the last delay and you change your mind about wanting the scope, I'll gladly take your place in line.

LOL! No the delay actually worked in my favor. Started going thru a divorce just about rite after I ordered it so I had to use the money for that. Now that that's done I have cash in hand again and am getting antsy. But it's not keeping me from being able to shoot so ill wait as long as I have to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well if it's not the last delay and you change your mind about wanting the scope, I'll gladly take your place in line. </div></div>

We still have room on our 1st shipment that's coming. We purposely ordered more than our pre-order list so that we could have some in stock (hopefully).

Let us know what you're looking for and we can check our list.

Link To Viper PST Pre-Order Page

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want mine...NOW NOW NOW

It may help, if you dress in full loadout and post the tantrum on youtube
wink.gif

Inhale.......................exhale.................inhale...............exhale..........feel the stress leaving you body as you exhale...............inhale................exhale..............
-you'll be ok.

My preorder went in on 1/14/2010 9:18:28 AM and the waiting continues, I guess another month or two won't kill me although I'm getting a little anxious.

I can't wait for mine to come in...if it lives up to the hype these are going to fill a great niche.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gr8fuldoug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there is a PST that interests you please call the store and speak with me or Neil. We will take your name, phone # and product desired information and will contact you when we hear from Vortex that they are available. This is our version of a pre-order. Since nobody knows when these will really be why make you leave a deposit. You're members of the Camera Land family if you're a SH member. Your request is all we need to secure your scope for you. I assume that there will be an allocation situation from Vortex and limited quantities available. The list we're taking, IMO, is the best way to do this. No deposits needed. No pre-payment needed.
</div></div>

Left my info with Neil this morning... thanks again for all of your help through email as well Doug. I look forward to doing business with you.

are they sitll working out the bugs? That's a good thing. Maybe their Japanese or Chinese factories are too busy with other orders

I don't think there are 'bugs', per se. I think there are refinements that they are finding that can be made to streamline the manufacturing process, etc.

As soon as we hear word from Vortex that they have a confirmed delivery date to their warehouse in WI we will be in touch with everyone to give you a confirmed delivery date on your pre-order requests. We are confident that we will be able to fill all pre-orders, have no worries.

<span style="font-weight: bold">You're members of the Camera Land family if you're a SH member. Your request is all we need to secure your scope for you </span>

No wonder these guys/gals are loved so much. Thats some good shit right there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhedg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">You're members of the Camera Land family if you're a SH member. Your request is all we need to secure your scope for you </span>

No wonder these guys/gals are loved so much. Thats some good shit right there</div></div>

+1. very pleased I went with Doug for my PST pre-order.

At NRA convention in charlotte Vortex rep said mid to end of june was going to be release

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wrighty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhedg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">You're members of the Camera Land family if you're a SH member. Your request is all we need to secure your scope for you </span>

No wonder these guys/gals are loved so much. Thats some good shit right there</div></div>

+1. very pleased I went with Doug for my PST pre-order. </div></div>

+2. I very much appreciate people who take care of their customers as well as Doug / Cameraland NY.

4653263384_12261a4481_b.jpg