• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos whats this?

Re: whats this?

Another day training about to happen.

This is how much times have changed..When I was a kid..I turn 50 in a few weeks. The Air Base in Charleston, SC would have base day open to everyone. They would set out a string of M14's equipped with blank adapters. All of kids would be lined up in an orderly fashion and allowed to shoot one magazine of blanks.

You were even allowed to take a piece of brass home!

Just seeing those blanks took me back....thanks.

That must be an older style of blank? I'm guessing the case mouth is covered with wax? Now they are crimped and dipped in sealant.

As a side note, does anyone think it would be possible to cut off the "bullet" part of the blank and use the case for reloading? If that was possible there's a lot of free brass up for grabs..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRS_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a side note, does anyone think it would be possible to cut off the "bullet" part of the blank and use the case for reloading? If that was possible there's a lot of free brass up for grabs.. </div></div>I have often wondered the same thing.

I

What is the headstamp? They look to be M82 7.62mm NATO blanks linked up for the M60/M240/MK48

Case wall thickness is probably too thin to reload. Remember they run at pretty low pressures, hence the use of BFAs to make actions cycle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NukeMMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the headstamp? They look to be M82 7.62mm NATO blanks linked up for the M60/M240/MK48

Case wall thickness is probably too thin to reload. Remember they run at pretty low pressures, hence the use of BFAs to make actions cycle. </div></div>

It would be interesting to see.. as I remember they feel about as heavy as a real case. I should get my hands on one and see how they crush vs a real case..

Those are blanks from my days circa 60's.

One thing you can do with them is drive the tips into a bar of GI soap. If you have done it right they will cycle a M14 or M60 without, the blank adapter installed. The weapon is 200% easier to clean that way, and if you hit a two legged target there will be no doubt about it at all.

7.62 M82 blank. Do not try to reload these. As others have said the cases arent as thick and cant hold up to the pressure of a loaded round.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zack-s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7.62 M82 blank. Do not try to reload these. As others have said the cases arent as thick and cant hold up to the pressure of a loaded round. </div></div>

I do not plan on shooting them!!! or anything else.theres a LOT of guessing??ill get some better picks and mesurments,One person said they were 30 cals.I would asume they were for a full auto auto gun?

Those are absolutely blanks,belted for an M-60.Don't know about reloading.I've shot a bunch of those,you could delink them and use them in a M-14 or other 7.62x51/.308 rifle just for fun.They used to do airshows at the local airport and the National Guard would bring a M-60 and a ton of these.Anyone could shoot a few rounds and take home some empties.I'm just 36 and if they did this now people would have a heart attack.

They do look a lot like what we used in Honor Guard in our 14's, the cycled better than crimped.

Yep, I have about half a belt left here. Mine are the later crimped version. They somehow got left at the bottom of a ruck at some point.

I use them when we are doing training know. They will really jack up a cold bore zero on a precision gun though.

Those are definitely the older M60 linked blanks some of the guys have mentioned already. I remember finding bunches of them out in the training areas, left over from the days when you didn't have to pick up and turn in brass from field exercises.

Thanks for the replys
grin.gif