• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing What's Up at Liberty Arms? Updated 9/12/17

eff10mm

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2012
MT
Does anyone know what's happened with Bob at Liberty arms? I've been trying to reach to reach him via text and phone for two weeks.

Last edited:
Does anyone know Bob Goettel's whereabouts? I haven't received a response from him in several weeks.

I see that his domain name has expired. I believe he has a facebook presence, have you tried that?

This guy always does this. On 2 separate gun transactions he didn't bring enough money and said he'd mail a check out. Never did, had to hound him for over a month to get $50 dollars wasn't the money more the purpose but hopefully he doesn't owe you money or have your money.

I'm not on Facebook so I have can't get a hold of him that way. His page doesn't seem very active. It does appear that he is wants supersede his means. I'm pretty patient and easy to deal with but the silent treatment gets me pretty quickly. He owes me a $300 DBM on a deal from July.

Sounds about par for the course. Good luck getting it back I just constantly texted him for a few weeks.

The dude's a joke. the ceracote looked like my 7yo son did it. the rifle wouldn't extract, and i had to use 2 hands to lift the bolt. i called him and told him what was wrong. i didn't even have 75 rounds thru it. i meet him to drop the rifle off and after a little over a month he still didn't look at it. i told him i needed it fixed, and his excuse was, "i'm busy building rifles". i said, "mother fucker, you already have my money and no rifle to show for it". he said if i wasn't happy, he'd sell it for me because someone called and was looking for the same specs; 24" 6.5creed, med palma, black, 5/8x24 threaded. i told him, "hey, you know the issues and what's wrong with it, if you feel comfortable with yourself, then by all means sell it and give me my money back". surprisingly i got my money pretty quick without a hassle.

i'll stick to GAP. i wouldn't mind having another GAP, or a moon (cresent customs?), LRI, SAC, PVA, etc for my next one.

Well this is not good news. I wish some of this would have come up in some other thread. All I could find was a lot of activity with one seller saying he is GTG.

He usually comes through on stuff but I have just chosen to avoid dealing with him based on communication skills alone. He will text or PM me about a trade offer or some other sort of offer, then I will text him about it, and he disappears. Then 2 weeks later he will message me about the same thing like we had never been communicating in the past.

Just had someone ask me a few weeks ago for his contact info via PM because they couldn't get a hold of him on here.

Someone needs to get Bob a giant planner/organizer and attach it to him.

Just got a call from him. He's all busted up and recovering in the hospital from a car accident. He is going to be getting back in touch here shortly for anyone else that's trying to reach him.

Are you guys talking about the same Liberty Arms that just posted two 6mm creedmoor barreled actions in the for sale section?

I had Bob inlet a B&C M40 stock for a PTG M5 stealth dbm a couple years ago. It looked like a 4 year old chewed the stock up to get it to fit. I was under the impression he would use an end mill in a CNC vertical mill. Nope, it looked like he did it by hand. Gave me some lame excuse that the cutter grabbed material and pulled the cutter. I got my money back and took it home. I will never have him work on any of my guns, ever again. A buddy of mine swears by him and his work, but when I showed the stock work to him, he agreed with me. That aside, I hope he recovers from the accident. That's never any fun.